Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

It's Allie's turn for plastics!

I have my first appointment for a consult on June 19th, 2009. That is one day before my one year bandiversary! What an amazing year it has been! I can't believe I lost the 135 pounds in less than a year and now I am heading to flatlands!

I am hoping to get a lower body lift with a breast lift/ possible implants. I will post pictures along my journey. Please keep me in your prayers and any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated!

I could not have lost this weight without the help of my fellow lap banders, so many of you have inspired me!

post-240908-13813138440465_thumb.jpg

post-240908-13813138440935_thumb.jpg

Allie:

You look great! The PS will be the icing on the cake.

I love my new flat tummy and my band!

Best wishes to you with your plastic surgery.

Sue

thanks everyone!

WOW Congratulations on your amazzing weight loss in just under a year!!! :thumbup:You rock!!!!

And as Sue said above, the PS will be the icing on the cake!!!

Allie,

You have done a FABALOUS job loosing the weight, and in a year!!! Go YOU!!! I am scheduled to have my TT on July 16. This is a wonderful place for advice and information. Let us know how the appointment goes. GOOD LUCK

Laura

Hi Everyone! Thanks for all the encouragement! I went and met with the surgeon today and I am booked for December 18!! I chose that date due to vacation time. My doc said that I would need 3 weeks off from work so with the holiday's I won't miss to much and it's a slow time then. I am getting abdominalplasty (sp? aka tummy tuck) liposuction, breast lift with implants :) I have to get a thigh lift at a later time. I am super excited and I am going to take these 6 months to lose as much more as I possibly can. He said I didn't have alot of fat left on my tummy, gosh that was great to hear lol :) Woo Hoo I am on my way!:tongue:

thanks skinny! I have made another appointment with a different doctor for this friday. Since the other doctor doesn't to lower body lifts and from the research I have done I think that is what I really want instead of a Tummy Tuck. I will post what the new doc says :rolleyes: I figure if I am going to do it I might as well do it right lol :sad:

Hi Allie!

Congrats on moving forward with your surgery! That's awesome...and you look great!

I'll be following your progress on this thread...I may want to talk to your surgeon when my time comes. Finding someone in the area is proving to be more difficult that I imagined. I'm kinda leaning toward Dr. Schulman, who has a PS thread on LBT where he answers questions.

I'm also hoping for December surgery to take advantage of the holiday shutdown at work.

Congrats again! :thumbdown:

Hi Allie!

Congrats on moving forward with your surgery! That's awesome...and you look great!

I'll be following your progress on this thread...I may want to talk to your surgeon when my time comes. Finding someone in the area is proving to be more difficult that I imagined. I'm kinda leaning toward Dr. Schulman, who has a PS thread on LBT where he answers questions.

I'm also hoping for December surgery to take advantage of the holiday shutdown at work.

Congrats again! :thumbup:

Hi Ebony! Where is dr. Schulman located? I am meeting a new doc on friday and hoping he works out. I don't really want to spend more than 20 grand. Do you know how much Schulman charges? That would be cool if we were getting it done at the same time! :thumbup:

oh wow, i thought you were all set to do your surgery.

so, is a lower body lift a cut all the way around the body?

what results will you get that you wouldn't from a Full TT? i don't know what the LBL does.

I have so many things i would like done.....but for now a flat belly and the girls back to were they go is what i will do!

oh wow, i thought you were all set to do your surgery.

so, is a lower body lift a cut all the way around the body?

what results will you get that you wouldn't from a Full TT? i don't know what the LBL does.

I have so many things i would like done.....but for now a flat belly and the girls back to were they go is what i will do!

I also thought that is all I wanted but with a lower body lift, you get a flat tummy, butt is up and round, mons lift (have to ask), back flattens out and thighs. I have some loose skin on my thighs I am hoping this gets rid of. I figured if I was going to get surgery why not get all I wanted done at one time. I wasn't to concerned about my back or butt but then I saw some before and afters of other lower body lift people and I was like DAMN I want my butt and back to look like that toooo! rofl :thumbup:

Hi Ebony! Where is dr. Schulman located? I am meeting a new doc on friday and hoping he works out. I don't really want to spend more than 20 grand. Do you know how much Schulman charges? That would be cool if we were getting it done at the same time! :)

Hi Allie!

Dr. Schulman is in New York. His thread on LBT is here: http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f12/ask-dr-schulman-64543/

He's great about answering questions - I've asked a couple and gotten wonderful responses from him. I'm actually not planning my surgery until 2010 - I am planning to be at or very near my goal weight by Dec 09, but I understand it's best to be at your goal weight for a few months before doing the surgery.

I have seen up to a year recommended, but that's not why I'm waiting...it's partly financial, but partly because my employer does an annual holiday shutdown and the days between Christmas and New Years are paid days off with no charge to my vacation time. If I save some days this year, I could concievably take 2 additional weeks and have 3 weeks off, which I think is the recommended time interval.

Check out Dr. Schulman's thread - he's also got a website with some good info and before and after pics at: After Weight Loss | Madison Avenue Plastic Surgery

Good luck - I'll be rooting for ya! :wub: