Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July 2009 Dates

I was banded on July 28th too. I have not ever added my name and date so there is that done! LOL. I had my 2 week post op last week. All was fine. Got the go ahead to eat regularly. He said theat I should stear away from all carbs (bread especially) and steak. He even said that those were 2 things he told patients to avoid if possible forever. I have absolutely no probs with a slice of wheat bread with my tuna salad though. Hope it will not cause any probs?!

Anyway get my first fill on 8/26 and I am a bit nervous (just the idea of the needle and all). My weight loss had stopped and even increased til yesterday when from wed til fri. I dropped 7 pounds. I thought woohoo. Then I started hee hee it was Water weight. C'est la vie.

hi there. i had my realize band the same day 7/20. i've only losy 9lbs. im so upset because i want to lost so much more. what am i doing wrong?????

Your band us empty. When you get restriction you will start losing. And 9 pounds is great. its only been like three weeks. Thats three pounds a week. Im sure you know that with the band the ideal loss is 1-2 pounds a week so your doing great even without your fill. Ive only lost three pounds and I was banded a week before you. Hang in there.

my surgery date was 07/30

July 29, 2009

July 13, 2009

Hi Kimg1969

Hang in there, everyone loose weight at a different pace. Did you get you first fill? I think after the 2nd it makes a big difference. Stick with the Protein Shakes at least once a day and go for the Protein diet, hope this helps

Had my surgery July 20th, first fill next week. Surgery and recuperation went without a hitch... absolutely no regrets !

hi there. i had my realize band the same day 7/20. i've only losy 9lbs. im so upset because i want to lost so much more. what am i doing wrong?????

I also was banded July 20th and have lost 11 lbs so far. At Dr visit this week was told I'm right on track and when I get my first fill next week I'll be able to reduce my caloric intake to 800 per day. This proceedure is designed for slow steady weight loss so I'm having to learn patience and remind myself the goal is to stay on the right path and I'll get there. It sounds like you're doing great !

I too am stuck in a rut, still the 20 pounds pre -op. And I get my first fill on the 26th just a little leary not sure what to expect. BUT doc said that I will see a more significate weight loss after that. I am so ready to shake this fat off!!!!

I'm also getting my first fill on the 26th. Can't wait - hoping for some restriction because I have next to none now and it's been a long 6 weeks!

Hi all. I just got my first fill. And, I survived. hahaha. Who would have guessed. They didn't fill me up to the original defill level, but close. I had a pre op shake to take me to dinner and will see how that goes. I've had the shake down for a bit and it feels pretty good.

How about everyone else. We all got banded in the same month. How is everyone doing?

Well I hope

Sheri:smile2:

My first is Wednesday....

I had my surgery on July 13 and first fill on August 11, since first fill I have not lost any weight. I have no physical hunger whatsoever, but I am eating 3/4 cup at 2 or 3 meals a day of Protein with no Snacks. I do not exercise everday but about 4 times a week. Could it be I am not getting enough calories? I was told by my Dr. do not drink my protein, but added the bullets a couple of days ago. Any ideas. I have lost a total of 20 lbs since surgery but most of it the weeks right after. Maybe stepping up exercise??

I know I was told to relax a bit as this is not a diet. It is a life change. My doc and his staff also told me not to worry as much as I normally do as it would come off. It wasn't a matter of "if" but of "when." I have been stuck where I am for over 2 weeks so todays fill is an unknown for me.

I"m having trouble not worrying(mines a self pay) but will give them the benefit of the doubt for now.

Sheri