Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bandsters with ink, talk to me!

I'm curious about how tattoos react to weight loss (like if they get funky or anything?)

Im moderatly tattooed my largest being a calf sleeve and I wonder what they'll look like after my weight loss?

Any personal experiences with this?

LOL.. so ironic you asked this .. I had a beautiful heart on my lower tummy done while in high school... 4 kids and 100 lbs later my heart looked like a huge letter B rather then a pretty heart it once was....

i havent lost too uch weigt yet, but its looking like a crinkled B now.....

the one on my back is fine and so r the ones on my ankels...

so just the tummy one =/

>.>:unsure:

Don't have any tats but if they're on places that don't really shrink during weightloss it'd be fine I guess. Places like the wrist, back, feet.

yeah its my calf I'm concerned about, the other ones aren't on flabby spots lol

Im waiting for skinnytown before I get anymore for sure!

I think your calf will be ok. The skin there stays tight most of the time and I don't think it will change with weight loss. I don't have any ink on my legs but with the weight I've lost so far all my work still looks the same.

I have a tattoo that once upon a time was on my hip-bone (I was 16 and skinny when I got it) Gaining weight and pregnancy has now relocated it to somewhere down by my crotch. If and when I get a Tummy Tuck, it will be gone (which is o.k cuz it was done wrong anyway) They say the Chest and hip/belly pieces are the worst with weight fluxuation. Thank god Mine are nowhere near those areas (except above mentioned "hip" tattoo).

lol I thought of getting one to decorate the surgery scars :thumbup: like stitches or something :thumbup: (or maybe an X to mark the fill spot)

after the above mentioned Tummy Tuck, i'm getting a full on below the belly button peice to stretch from hip to hip. and it will be awespme!

i had two half sleeves before the lap band, 150 lbs later and i feel like they look a lil better. so does the artist. the color is a bit brighter too. i started my leg piece when i had lost 50 lbs. and it looks fine. i covered my scars with my sum ink across the stomach. and im workin on coverin stretch marks with sum full upper arm sleeves, ill be in the chair again today haha.

i had two half sleeves before the lap band, 150 lbs later and i feel like they look a lil better. so does the artist. the color is a bit brighter too. i started my leg piece when i had lost 50 lbs. and it looks fine. i covered my scars with my sum ink across the stomach. and im workin on coverin stretch marks with sum full upper arm sleeves, ill be in the chair again today haha.

Oh thats good! I'm so glad to hear that!! ::whew::

Nothing like getting work done to make ya feel good right? :thumbup:

Funny I was going to ask this very same question. I have several tattoos, and a few of them a very new. The one on my calf is not finished, and I have decided to wait until I loose most of my weight to finish it. It is a lotus on the outside, and then a betta fish on the inner. It will come together with some more wind bars, waves, and such, to make a half sock. I also have one on my outer thigh. I plan to walk a lot, and ride a bike to keep my legs toned. My Dr said that I shouldn't have problems with them, because the skin won't sag much there.

I was really worred that I'd screw up any of my ink when I lost weight. I made sure to get the ones I have now in spots that wont shrink too much. (my right forearm and my upper back) I'm still afraid they'd move or end up funny, but probably not as bad as if i got them on my stomach, hip or lower back or something.

I'm waiting to lose the weight before I get my sleeve done. I was too afraid to do it before and have it change. I'm going nuts not having it though. I want it done so badly.

Most of mine are on my back and then one on my shoulder so I'm not too worried. I plan on getting a full back piece as well as hips so I'm just gonna weight until I reach my goal weight to be sure.

Oh thank god someone posted this thread...I have tattoos on both arms, my chest and my stoamch. I haven't set a date for surgery yet and I've been nervous to see what will be the outcome of most of my tattoos when I loose the weight, especially the piece on my stomach.

The only scars I've considered getting tattooed are little stars I wanted to cover up scars from the shingles. I'm a little insecure about the ones on my stomach from the band, but they're not hideous. The smaller ones have faded to a point where you can hardly see them and I'm hoping the same for the larger one. That, and I cant imagine getting the larger one tattooed- it would warp if I ever got pregnant.