Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Question on Slipped Band

My band slipped on May 24. I was very sick. Throwing up everything! I could not hold my head up. It was really bad. I have had my band for almost 3 years. My doctor was able to save my band. I feel great now just having to start over with the liquids and etc. Trust me if your band has slipped you will know it...Good luck to you!

Betty Lue, when you say the doctor saved your band... Do you mean you had to have surgery or what? I just found out last week that band has slipped. The doctor unfilled me and immediately recommended surgery. He said it wouldn't be quite as much to it as the first time as they only would have to restitch not place the band. I asked him if there was a chance of the band going back into place on its own after the unfill & he said maybe but didn't sound very optimistic about it. I'm still trying to get information from others who have experienced a slip.

Like several of you I think my slip was caused by night-time coughing & reflux. My fill was perfect during the day, only at night was when I had trouble. I wished I would have got a slight unfill before it was too late.

i got diagnosed with slipped band friday that my stomach was coming through teh band. when all unfilled, they told me to wait to see if it goes back into place. Im still having reflux but its not coming up in my throat i can feel it trying to and a slight burn in m lower stomach along with some minor cramping, I havent gotten a clear answer if i am to wait through these symptoms or if it will be fixed.

Chicamam, it's my personal understanding that the first line of treatment for slippage is to unfill the band for a month to see if the problem corrects itself. If not, surgery is the next step.

Stick to your eating plan as best you can an hopefully it will improve!

Fingers crossed.....

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 4 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

4. AmberFL

How are you doing? any update?!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches