Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

In a stall for months!!

I was banded on July 1 of last year, and have only lost 23 lbs in almost a year! How sad is that? This 23 lbs came off before, during, and right after my surgery, and I haven't lost anything since then. I am so frustrated and disappointed in myself and want to give up. Why don't diets work for me? This is the reason I decided on the band, in hopes of losing at least 50 lbs in a year. I am an older woman, post menopausal, with diabetes and hypothyroidism. I take numerous medications for medical ailments, which I believe is holding me back from losing anymore weight. I know that I am 95% at fault for not losing anymore, since I don't exercise like I should, don't journal, and eat around the band quite often with bad carbs. But I definitely don't eat like I did before the band. I do have good restriction...maybe just a bit too much. I can't eat the Breakfast foods like I used to (ie: eggs, sausage, cold cereals, toast, etc). I have to drink my Protein Shakes (CIB) first thing for my breakfast, then maybe eat a little solid food a couple hours later. I stuck faithfully to the band rules for so long after my surgery, saw no more results, then gradually started eating around the band.

Will I ever lose enough weight to get off of most or all of my medications and be able to live a normal, active life? Just once, I'd like to put on a new outfit and actually look good in it.

Heeeeeeeelp!

Susie :party:

Edited by toomuchsusie59

There's alot of things that could be happening here. But first of all you wont know where to start until you journal a week or so... Do it honestly or you're just cheating yourself.

Once you have journaled you need to sit down and realize what foods your'e using to eat around the band. you must get all your Water in for sure. Even if you only exercise a few minutes a day you must do something.

The fact that you know you're not doing it correctly by eating around the band makes me think you could definetly benefit from some counseling. Do you also have access to a nutritionist at your surgeons center?

I found it useful to journal my food for a few weeks and then take it in to the nutritionist who helped me alter some of the eating I was doing.

I am stalled right now but I believe that's because I am getting close to goal and I need to revamp my foods and get more exercise as well. I promise you can do it.

With those medical conditions, I would surmise that you may have to eat a TOTALLY differant way than most people. How much education either thru a nutritionist or via the web have you done to get to know your medical ailments and what type of food you should (or shouldn't) be consuming?

As much as you don't want to have the medical conditions you have....well...That is your body so you might as well accept it and do the basics that MOST everyone has to do.

1) Exercise - get moving

2) Take your Vitamins

3) Reduce stress and get good sleep

4) Stay hydrated

5) Track your calories and fat etc.

Good luck! Big hugs!