Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What a difference .5cc makes!

Have been getting fills every 3-4 weeks since surgery date per my surgeon's fill schedule. As you would guess these have all been small and I was getting frustrated and even worried that my band may have a leak since I was feeling very little restriction.

Until last Wednesday I have only had restriction in the morning and when I did not chew or ate too fast. My surgeon felt I was getting close, and decided to go with another .5cc on top of the 7.0cc in my 9cc realize band. UNBELIEVABLE the difference. I can now see how this is the tool that I read about and hoped for. I am still learning to eat WITH my band, doing better with each meal, but am amazed that no more than 1 cup (and for some foods less than that amount) leaves me feeling very full, and not wanting any more food.< /p>

I write this to be an encouragement for those of us who are still searching for that elusive "sweet spot". For me it was only .5cc's away.:)

Then there might be hope for me! I'm at 6.5 in a 10cc band and getting a bit frustrated! I still have to count every calorie and make sure I exercise, so it is like dieting, which is not why I got the band. I eat like I should, but the volume concerns me with a band. I also exercise a lot anyway, but am hoping one day to only count Protein grams, not calories.

Thank you so much for this post!

missboo I completely feel your pain. I'm at 7cc in a 10cc band. And sometimes it's perfect, I don't eat very much, and other times I can eat quite a bit...it gets frustrating because I don't have time to count, I'm in college, part-time job and I've got 3 diseases that I've discovered that I've been regulatiing and it's just all a lot to keep my mind wrapped around lol

I agree. I FINALLY found out what all the fuss was about when i went from 6.0 cc to 6.5 cc on 5/7. I've lost almost 30 pounds since then. I'm full on about 1/2 cup of food and stay that way for literally HOURS. It is a miracle.

If you aren't "there" yet, don't give up. It's worth it!

I agree. I FINALLY found out what all the fuss was about when i went from 6.0 cc to 6.5 cc on 5/7. I've lost almost 30 pounds since then. I'm full on about 1/2 cup of food and stay that way for literally HOURS. It is a miracle.

If you aren't "there" yet, don't give up. It's worth it!

Let's hope that is me, soon! With 6.5 in a 10cc band, I am hopeful that we are getting close. Kinda worried about what happens later down the road when I need more fills due to weight loss in my body (and stomach).

Thanks for all the encouraging words, everyone!

You are so right I am currently at 7.20 cc in a 10cc band. I did have 7.5 I kept getting reflux he took out the .5 and I felt like I could eat the house, then he put in .2 its pretty much perfect!!! I could imagine how big a difference such a small amount could make.

Dont get discourage it takes awhile to get it right look at me I am over a year out and still getting fills/unfills!!

I agree.. As a frustrated first filler.. This is encouraging!

Hi Neighbor, I noticed that we not only live close to each other. We also have the same doctor(Dr. Gersin). My surgery is schedulded for june 22. SO glad you are having success with your band and you got to your sweet spot. I have read so much that is key to finally get there. Good luck to you

Hi Neighbor, I noticed that we not only live close to each other. We also have the same doctor(Dr. Gersin). My surgery is schedulded for june 22. SO glad you are having success with your band and you got to your sweet spot. I have read so much that is key to finally get there. Good luck to you

Yes, we are very close. I really like Dr. Gersin. I find him to be very connected with what my band experience is, and has always worked with me to maximize the benefit of the band.

Just try to remind yourself, this is a process... for some it is quicker than others, but I am proof that it will work but you must be patient. For me it is about "re-learning" how to eat not just what to eat. Slow, Slow, Slow, Chew, Chew, Chew, and small portions. My bet is you will be amazed at the little amount of fod that it takes to fully satisfy you.

Best of luck,a nd if you have any questions about the surgery or post-op feel free to PM me.

I agree... .5 ccs does not seem like much, but it makes a HUGE difference when you get to the end. The last fill I got was .75 ccs and I ended up having to get .4 ccs taken out, but that got me to the PERFECT spot. It is amazing how much a LITTLE can change everything...

You and restlessmonkey's posts give me hope. I just got my fifth fill today and I am up to 6.7 cc now. Up till yesterday, I had no restriction. I was eating a lot even though most healthy food. But I was not losing weight and I was getting so frustrated. Today the PA finally gave me 0.8 cc( she usually only gives 0.5 cc). I really hope this one is it or at least I am very close to my sweet spot. I so want to experience the feeling that you were describing as "full on about 1/2 cup of food and stay that way for literally HOURS."

You and restlessmonkey's posts give me hope. I just got my fifth fill today and I am up to 6.7 cc now. Up till yesterday, I had no restriction. I was eating a lot even though most healthy food. But I was not losing weight and I was getting so frustrated. Today the PA finally gave me 0.8 cc( she usually only gives 0.5 cc). I really hope this one is it or at least I am very close to my sweet spot. I so want to experience the feeling that you were describing as "full on about 1/2 cup of food and stay that way for literally HOURS."

I hear ya!!!! 3rd fill today. I'm only at 4.8cc. I'm ready to get this show on the road......

You guys hang in there! You'll see! :)