Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Mayo Banditos / Friday Weigh In !!!!

I had really hoped to have all my weight lost by my 1-year anniversary (a personal challenge), but it's not going to happen. Oh, well. It will eventually. That's the important thing! :thumbup:

Nothing this week. Still walking, hope that speeds thing up a little.

Good luck next week everyone.

I have been here in a few weeks i really missed everyone. My computer went and i need to get a new one.

last week 192.5

this week 189

I only have 4 mores lbs to be down 100lbs but it is slow going now this is the first big week i have had in 3 weeks.

Hey, Renee, that's awesome!! :( And it's good to see you back here again. :(

Rebecca, I'm in the same boat -- no loss for me, either. I went back to the doc today to get a refill. He almost wouldn't do it, since I've had 3 unfills since October. But since I feel lately like I have zero restriction, we compromised and he put in 3 ccs, rather than the 5 that he took out four weeks ago. I ate some Soup when I came back, and I can already tell the difference, thank God!! I was eating everything in sight... still sugar-free and no white carbs, though. :(

still the same weight this week. Thank goodness because I ate a few sweets while stressing out. My 7 year old daughter, they beleive may have skin cancer. She has surgery june 1st, and my husband is on his first guys vacation EVER, they planned it months ago. so a lot of emotions and stress (plus a lot more I wont get into)! I just pray for my daughter because that is all I can do. I feel as if im on a rollercoaster fine one minute crying the next...

Anyways no weight loss is better than a gain!

Dear Less, I'm so sorry to hear about your daughter. How very stressful. Keep up your good habits though or you'll have even more stress to deal with. Your running could be a great diversion for you.

Best wishes and we will all be hoping and praying for your little girl. Gaye

Oh, LOM, I'm so sorry to hear what you are going through! You are really holding up through a tough time! I will keep you all in my prayers.:biggrin:

L-O-M, Your in My prayers, I hope everything turns out o.k.

So I went to the Doc on Friday, He says I lost 2lbs, My scale says 1 and a half. He didn't seem to thrilled about the 2 lbs, but he said everyone at their own pace, just try for like 5 within the next 6 weeks (when I go for my 1 year)

So with our Bandiversary coming up, does anyone else have to go for Blood work? He wants me to have a full work up, I guess to compare levels from pre-surgery.

On the other hand, My blood Pressure is normal, and I mean like PERFECT. my cholesterol has balanced out, But I feel like my arthritis is getting worse. although I do finally have an appt at NYU center for Joint Disease coming up soon for my like 8th opinion, up until about a month ago they did not accept my insurance. So I am really happy about that. So all together, I am 45lbs down. And Thought I set myself a really low Goal weight (I should actually change that) it means I'm about half way there. Have a good Week everyone, and LOM, again, I'm thinking about you & sending positive vibes your way

well Thank you Ann, Gaye, and sarah...I need support and Prayers! I am doing better today since my husband got home last night. My daughter has also calmed down...she doesn't understand what cancer means but she is stressing over surgery. I actually stressed out more friday with some drama with one of our employee that I lost all appitite for the rest of the weekend. I lost 2 pounds over the weekend, so overall I have officially lost 90 pounds! I cant say it enough but you guys are a great support grooup and i appriciate all of you and the help throughout this last year! I will keep u updated!

LOM, I can imagine your daughter is very scared about surgery. I'm sure there are books in the library for her age to explain that to her, and you can relate your own surgery to her to help her understand a bit better. I pray that everything is caught early and can be removed and not worried about again! :smile:

And, btw, congrats on the 2 lbs. that got you to 90. :smile: I've never lost my appetite for any reason -- I eat more when I'm stressed, but, hey, take it however you can. :thumbup:

(((HUGS)))

L-O-M, Your in My prayers, I hope everything turns out o.k.

So I went to the Doc on Friday, He says I lost 2lbs, My scale says 1 and a half. He didn't seem to thrilled about the 2 lbs, but he said everyone at their own pace, just try for like 5 within the next 6 weeks (when I go for my 1 year)

So with our Bandiversary coming up, does anyone else have to go for Blood work? He wants me to have a full work up, I guess to compare levels from pre-surgery.

On the other hand, My blood Pressure is normal, and I mean like PERFECT. my cholesterol has balanced out, But I feel like my arthritis is getting worse. although I do finally have an appt at NYU center for Joint Disease coming up soon for my like 8th opinion, up until about a month ago they did not accept my insurance. So I am really happy about that. So all together, I am 45lbs down. And Thought I set myself a really low Goal weight (I should actually change that) it means I'm about half way there. Have a good Week everyone, and LOM, again, I'm thinking about you & sending positive vibes your way

Congrats on the 2 lbs, Sarah! Everyone does lose at their own pace. The important things are: 1. you're not giving up, and 2. you're still losing! My doc told me from the onset that this was a 2 to 3 year process. Keep up the good work! :smile:

Glad you're going to see someone about your continued joint pain. I have had times when my fibromyalgia and knee arthritis have gotten really bad, and it usually has to do with the weather. I really thought that losing weight would make that go away. :smile: On the days it isn't flaring, it is better, though. I'm not taking as much meds daily, which is good.

I think I need to have blood work done at a year (mine will be a month later, just due to scheduling), and the doc wants me to have an x-ray also, just to be sure everything is looking okay. He does that with all of his patients.

Keep smiling! :thumbup:

Yikes! This is so slow. Down just a tiny bit. At 160.2 and I really want to get in the 150's. It would just make me feel better. I'm so close. Maybe next week.

Have a good week everyone!

I finally -- after months -- had a breakthrough! I had a fill last Friday, and I've lost 4 lbs. I can't tell you what that did for my confidence! I hate to admit it, but I was really beginning to doubt myself that I could get to my goal.

Tomorrow is MAY -- can you believe it??? A year ago, I was choking down nasty SlimFast all day, all night, and feeling sick as a dawg. Wow, I really still believe the pre-op diet was the worst of it all. :smile:

Rebecca, I know exactly what you are talking about. I hovered at 160 for the longest time before breaking into the 150s. It's so nice to finally see a "decade" change. Hang in there! :blink:

Yikes! This is so slow. Down just a tiny bit. At 160.2 and I really want to get in the 150's. It would just make me feel better. I'm so close. Maybe next week.

Have a good week everyone!

In the same boat as you I'm 5 lbs away from the 150's and it's been a snails pace getting there! But a loss is still a loss

and Ann, it's funny 1 yr later and I've put myself back on liquids. I had one of. The tricky fills restriction 1 day non the next