Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Georgia, did that include your pre-op diet time as well? If not, that's 14 pounds in 6 days post-op? That's more than 2 pounds each day!

gonna get banded...my surgery was the 27th and since than i have lost 11 pds...

One thing that helped me through the liquid stage was egg drop Soup. I went to our local chinese place and got a quart of soup for like $2 and made several meals. I did check with my NUT and she said to be careful with the egg and make sure it wasn't too chunky and enjoy. Made a big difference in my attitude....:frown:

10 pounds is what i have lost since one week before surgery...So you are way ahead of me! thats awesome.

Are you still on liquids? My dr allows all Soups obviously strained from the begining..as long as it can be sipped he said anything was fine including creamy soups. So now im wondering if thats whats holding me back from dropping weight. But seriously though, i take a few sips and im full, maybe all day long combined I have one large bowl of Soup, you would think the weight would be just melting off with a bowl of soup a day. We shall see.

Thanks

I was banded on the 26th too. My doctor has me taking in at least 60gm of Protein daily and 64 oz. of fluids. I think that is what keeps me from getting hungry. I eat every 2-3 hours while I am awake. Currently on full liquids

I have lost 5.3 lbs. since surgery. I started exercising 4 days post op and am up to 45 min. on the treadmill or a combo of weights and treadmill.

Doing great!!

Elaine

Wow! A lot of us May 26th gals! lol...My dr. had me 1-2 days clears,1-2 days full liquids and now 2-3 weeks purees...He wasn't specific on serving sizes (not that great with post op info) so I now see I've been eating a lil' to much mushie wise (instead of 1/4 cup,probably 1/2 cup) going to get on track to morrow and hope i haven't screwed anyhthing up. 60 grams of Protein a day...I'm feeling great though~I was down 10 lbs pre op and 14.7 since surgery on the 26th....everyone seems to be doing great~! Congratulations everyone!:redface:

Gottagetbanned---

I'm on your boat! I was banded on May 26th and feel like a loser! I lost 7- 10 pounds the first week but now... nothing and sometimes I weigh myself and it's between 7-10 pounds. I get so discouraged because I eat nothing and walk... why am I not losing more?! When will I see the "fruits of my labor"?! I know it will take time but it's nice to know I'm not crazy.

Wow, I guess you could say I too am also in the same boat. I was also banded on may 26th and lost 10lbs preop and lost another 10lbs the first week post op. But then 3 days after starting mushies in my 2nd week, I gained 5lbs. Yikes, then its been a week since then and I lost 2lbs of the 5 I had gained. I am hardly eating, definatley not eating the same way I used to and I have only lost 7lbs within 2 weeks postop. I know everyone is different, but sooo many ppl lose so much more the first 2 weeks post op. My largest weightloss was preop. What's going on w/me? I just try and be patient. At least im not alone.

Wow, I guess you could say I too am also in the same boat. I was also banded on may 26th and lost 10lbs preop and lost another 10lbs the first week post op. But then 3 days after starting mushies in my 2nd week, I gained 5lbs. Yikes, then its been a week since then and I lost 2lbs of the 5 I had gained. I am hardly eating, definatley not eating the same way I used to and I have only lost 7lbs within 2 weeks postop. I know everyone is different, but sooo many ppl lose so much more the first 2 weeks post op. My largest weightloss was preop. What's going on w/me? I just try and be patient. At least im not alone.

Zuly 98... you sound like me! It's good to know I am not alone. I wish we could both be reporting major changes. I am baffled because I am eating so many fewer claories and no bread... why no change. I have read that we shouldn't expect loss because our body is recovering from the truama of surgery. So I hope after the first fill I will see a bigger change.

It's hard to be patient though when you know you aren't eating, you want to see results.