Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Domino's Bread Bowl

Over the last 3 or 4 days I have seen the ads for the latest Domino's offering - Pasta, covered in cheese, wrapped in bread dough. After days of watching, my interest was peaked.....while I could find the price within seconds- 15 minutes of trying to find the nutritional info and I finally gave up! Granted - A year ago, I am not sure I would have cared but a little education goes a long way

Now I believe every food as a time and a place but do we really need this???

I didn't even bother looking it up. The idea of eating Pasta covered in bread does not appeal to me!

Ugh, its probably what we've got to look forward to here in six months.

Even the cheese crust pizza adds make me want to barf. I never would have eaten food like that even if I was starving. The very idea of pizza hut's revolting sloppy pizza base, filled with fake cheese, ugh.

Lean Cuisines, microwave meals, stuff in cans, I think its all yuck. I got fat eating real food, lol. I really do think all this processed muck has to go out of our diets for our health and I refuse to feed my kids crap like that - but even for a die hard carb eater like me, Pasta covered in bread is just a little hard to take!

I defend my (wholegrain) carb eating but the truth is I eat WAY less than I did and my body is better for it. I just need a little for running fuel, but not meals like this!

Thanks babygirl - Should be illegal. Or at the very least have a sin tax on it. Is it any wonder our obesity rate in the US climbs higher every year.

Just looking at that makes my stomach hurt! Truthfully I thought it would have more calories.. though the amount listed is more than enough.

Even the cheese crust pizza adds make me want to barf.

I thought they looked interesting, but then we got some and they where crap. The cheese wasn't right.

A lot of this stuff, I wouldn't eat pre-surgery either. But I was never into the salty, startchy, greasy stuff. I liked sweet stuff.

I don't know about any of you, but with my band, I have a hard time eating Pasta and bread. It gets stuck. Also, 1400 calories isn't even possible for me in a whole day. I can remember a day, though, when it was VERY possible, and then I'd eat again later in the day! lol!

I very rarely eat out at all anymore, Domino's isn't even a fleeting desire, but I was curious about this because I teach a "Fast Food" lesson to HS students.

I found what appeared to be reliable info because Domino's doesn't have this item in their online nutritional value link yet.

The meal is intended for 2 people, but at $6 you know many individuals will make it their personal meal.

This link is a pdf file stating the bowls are for 2 servings @ 700 calories each. check the second one on the list:

http://www.yumyucky.com/All%20Pasta%20Combined.pdf

This is from another "researcher" who believes a bowl to be around 1460 calories:

That's Fit

Anyone eating a whole bowl would devour around 1400 calories, 50 grams fat, 110% sat. fat DV, 62% carb DV, 90% sodium DV. On the plus side 52 grams Protein. Sounds like all one needs a day! Why waste your time on the small stuff?:party:

Isn't it amazing how after he lapband, and eating very carefully by making better choices for ourselves because we can only put a small amount of food into our stomachs, that we now full understand what is an atrocious meal is? Before the lapband, I would have eaten that and had no problem with it. I would have thrown in one of their side salads as well, and felt I was getting a good lunch. Now that I can only hold a few bites of food at a time, I make very good choices before I put anything in my mouth. I love the band!

Thanks babygirl - Should be illegal. Or at the very least have a sin tax on it. Is it any wonder our obesity rate in the US climbs higher every year.

Well, it may not be healthy, or even palatable, but does that mean it should be made illegal? Or even have a special tax levied against it? I don't think it's the government's business to decide what its citizens may or may not consume....but hey, I'm a libertarian kind of guy.

I haven't even had my surgery yet and I find this to be disgusting. Don't get me wrong, I love my carbs (one reason why I need the surgery) but Pasta in a bread bowl? That is way too much! I don't even care for the Soup in the bread bowls. Blech.

Ive gotten the Pasta out of the bowl with light cheese.....its just nasty fast food. My stomach hated me for days and Im not even banded yet.

When I eat Pasta or bread, I can only have about 2-3 bites, and that's it for the whole meal. I'm done. Then there might even be a knot in my chest for a half hour or so. It's just not worth it.