Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My love affair with caffiene...

If I were not able to have my caffeine...Oh boy, that is just too scary to contemplate. If I could, I would start the day with an I.V. in my arm just to get my fanny out of bed! :crying: I have a full pot in me by the time I get to my desk and I brew another pot right away. Then I switch to cold caffeine for lunch. My surgeon has no problems with it at all. He just says "Make sure it's diet when you drink soda". I use sugar free Creamer and a sweetener in my coffee so it's a treat. Yes, my coffee and I are inseperable!!

My doc had it on a "do not" list but when I asked why i was told "Because it CAN be an appetite stimulant". Well, duh. It CAN also be an appetite suppresant and doesn't do either for me, so I have my 1 cup coffee each day (w/sugar free creamer) and then my sugar free iced tea by the buckets. I did, however, avoid it for the pre and few months post op, just to let myself heal etc.

Can anyone drink tea or coffee? Thanks!

I have one or two skinny vanilla lattes every day! Soda is a no no though.

My doctor told me that coffeee contains tannic acid which can lead to ulcers on the band. So this pot a day coffee addict is hurting.

Anyone else told this, in particular as it relates to the band?

:thumbup:

My surgeon said that he has no issues with his patients consuming caffine...i was suprized...but I'll take it!

The nutritionist I met with said no caffeine and to try to ween myself off of it prior to my surgery. I was soooo unpleasant to be around for a few days! The next time I met with my doctor I told him I understood the no carbonated drinks but I was struggling with the no caffeine. I asked him to explain that to me so that I would be able to buy into it more and accept it. He said that I can have caffeine since I was having the band. He said it's not good for bypass patients because it can be hard on the digestive system and their systems are already messed with so much! I wanted to hug him, I was so happy. I told him he was my new best friend! The weird thing is, I got my band almost a week ago and have yet to have a cup of coffee, it just doesn't sound good yet! Go figure!!!

My caffeine was diet soda, I'm one of the six Americans that don't drink coffee.< /p>

I don't really get any caffeine anymore. My surgeons office had no problem with you drinking it after surgery.

I drink a pot of coffee in the morning, half a pot at night and iced tea in between. I take my coffee black and my tea unsweetened. I think if I was told I couldn't have my coffee, I would have second-guessed getting the band. Everything else I've given up is fine with me, but coffee?? No way.

My doctor told me that coffeee contains tannic acid which can lead to ulcers on the band. So this pot a day coffee addict is hurting.

Anyone else told this, in particular as it relates to the band?

:cursing:

?? your band is inside your stomach lining? Kooky.