Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OK, Who has an AUGUST surgery date??!!

my surgery is tues why wouldnt they put me on a liquid diet like everyone else???? Isnt that what it is supposed to be??

my surgery is tues why wouldnt they put me on a liquid diet like everyone else???? Isnt that what it is supposed to be??

I'm to new here, but I will be reading responses with interest. In all my readings for my dh, I have not seen where the liquid diet was not used. Maybe you have some other health issues?

Wishing you the best.

I'm to new here, but I will be reading responses with interest. In all my readings for my dh, I have not seen where the liquid diet was not used. Maybe you have some other health issues?

Wishing you the best.

My surgeon doesn't do a pre-op diet either. On the one hand, yay for me. On the other hand, I'm worried that I'll go into surgery and my liver will be too large or that my recovery will be harder. When I asked about it, he said that the surgeons in his practice feel that the 6 months of supervised weight loss is adequate. I'll let you know next Thursday.

all surgeons do things differently. My pre-op was 3 shakes and 1 sensible meal L/F S/F L/C. Total about 1000-1200 calories a day. My surgeon allowed me to eat unlimited raw veggies too. He said that he is much more strict on people with higher BMI's as they usually have the highest chance of having the fatty liver. My BMI is 40. He said in the grand scheme...that is pretty low for a bariatric patient. I had my surgey on Aug 14th and it only took about 35 minutes and he said everyting went perfectly. Just know that all surgeons do things differently and have their own ideas. I am sure everything is fine! Good luck and count your blessings..even my diet was torture. And the post-op isn't any better!

Hi there i had mine on the 12th and i was not on a liquid diet before either. But i am now yuck so be greatful i am so very very sick of my thick liquid diet that i am on right now.:(

My surgeon doesn't do a pre-op diet either. On the one hand, yay for me. On the other hand, I'm worried that I'll go into surgery and my liver will be too large or that my recovery will be harder. When I asked about it, he said that the surgeons in his practice feel that the 6 months of supervised weight loss is adequate. I'll let you know next Thursday.

Very interesting! I am learning so much these boards.

Sally, your surgeon sounds very good. I can't see them suggesting something that would make your recovery harder. I'm thinking it must work well, they wouldn't want a bunch of cranky patients.

I will look forward to your update. I hope your surgery and your recovery go very well and very uneventful.:(

Good luck to everyone with upcoming surgery dates! I was banded on the 12th and it was not too bad, as I sit here today I can't tell I have had any procedure done recently. I am struggling with the liquid diet, but it's mostly emotional/mental struggles. In the past food is what I used to calm those struggles.....so now I am a bit frustrated but trying to keep a positive attitude. I won't be on liquids forever! I have lost 23 pounds with the pre-op diet and now liquid diet...yay!

I had my surgery on the 20th. Two days out and feeling great. Been shopping and walking around.

Spent Thursday night in the hospital, did the swallow test Friday morning and home I came.

I feel terrific (could be the morphine) and use very little pain meds (only when I know I will be trying to sleep).

I'm on Clear Liquids today yet, then tomorrow move on to full liquids.< /p>

I did not do a pre-op diet.

Oh, surgery was almost postponed. I had a mosquito bite on my stomach that I had scratched. I am a high risk for infection anyway due to a compromised immune system. But once they got me to the OR they decided that it was far enough away from where they needed to be, they put a clear bandage over it and went ahed.

I don't remember anything from the time they said, here we go (on the way to OR) until I was in the Recovery Room for an hour.

Since one benadryl can knock me out for hours, it's no surprise that general anesthesia can put me out longer than most.

The big day is here and gone and I feel ready to take on the rest of my life.

Best to all!:thumbup:

my date is next friday the 28th!! I just got approval..i waited like 3 weeks for approval. Not bad. I'm so nervous!!

I had mine on the 20th also. But I am not feeling as great as you. My abdomen is very distended. I am very gassy from both ends. A girlfriend of mine didn't have this problem either. But the nurse at the hospital said it was normal. I am about your age. Keep in touch!

I heard Gas-X is great. Approved by my surgeon. Might want to give it a try.

i had my surgery on friday the 21st. i'm experiencing horrible pain in my left shoulder and chest which i understand is due to the gas they pumped into you. My belly is sore sore sore but getting better every day. now i'm just ready to get past this part of it. ready to be back on my feet and moving pain free!

I was banded on the 13th. I have been having slim fast shakes and carnation instant Breakfast. Now I'm on to yogurt and cottage cheese. I find I have to eat/drink often, but I am doing well. The chocolate shakes are not bad.