Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

If you are early in your LapBand journey....

what are you most looking forward to??

I will be SO glad to get to a place where my shorts don't ride up between my thighs. :blush:

I want to buy and wear cute belts.

I want to be able to shop anywhere and not just plus-size shops.

Not being the fattest one in the room.

Not having my fat thighs rub together.

Having the hot guy check me out and not my friend.

Buying my clothes off the clearance rack instead of the expensive plus size section.

I am still early in my Lapband journey but already I have many things that I have accomplished and some still to come. This weekend someone told me I was looking "HoT"!! I haven't heard that probably ever in my life. It made me feel good. And it made me want to work even harder..

Also I love not being the biggest woman at my work anymore.

Good Luck to you!!

Looking forward to WANTING to wear fashionable clothes..no more elastic waste pants and big tops to cover my belly and butt.

Looking forward to having even MORE energy than I have already noticed in myself! Some days I just can't stop myself, my family is still trying to figure it out. LOL

Looking forward to being on top. :blush:

Looking forward to going to a concert without feeling self-conscious about the seats being too small.

Looking forward to traveling up to my NYC office where people haven't seen me since February and having them go :mad5:.

Looking forward to having someone flirt with me. :blink:

Looking forward to cleaning out my damn closet. I no longer want to keep sizes 18 through 24. :lol I'll get rid of all the stuff as I pass out of that size and buy new stuff iun 16, 14, 12... and eventually I'll only have 1 size in there. :blush:

Being able to find a new pair of frames for glasses that fit.

Having a neck again.

Not having to take all the prescription medications.

I could go on and on and on........:blush:

Not looking as though I am pregnant!

• no need for extender on airline seatbelt (or worry about such)
  • fit into my EMT jumpsuit again (and the size smaller that they bought me just a year ago)
  • not having to pack so many clothes when traveling (if I'm smaller and I spill or rip, I could buy something anywhere in a "normal" size)
  • losing my aching back

O.k I think we all have an extensive list of wants. I'm looking forward to not having that dull achy back. Also what girl in their right mind isnt going to say new clothes.

Have to agree with you Libby NOT TO BE THE FATTEST IN THER ROOM OR THE WORK PLACE.................

Buying something off the rack in Victoria's Secret!

Victoria Secret

Not having the clerk say 'we don't carry your size' without even asking or measuring me! !@#$

Not having my upper thighs rub

Not having my back look like it has 3 more backs attached!

Looking forward to polishing my toenails and lotioning my feet

Walking a half block without breathing like I've run 6 miles

Losing the CPAP apparatus

Looking in the mirror and smiling at what I see

Victoria Secret

Not having the clerk say 'we don't carry your size' without even asking or measuring me! !@#$

Oh, I agree! I have a small daughter and HATE when I go in someplace to buy her something, the clerks just assume that I am looking for me and they have nothing in my size. I had one clerk in an upscale store tell me the other day that they were 'light' on my size. :crying: