Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Favorite Band Friendly Fast Food Go To

We do not have pollo loco or Captain D's here. We had Taco Bueno, but they shuttered up and disapeared overnight. Fortunately I've pretty much given up french fries. I want to get back to sweet potatoes though.

Anyone tried Popeyes, Taco Johns, or Dairy Queen? I know a buffet is not worth it anymore. Can you order a footlong minus the bread?

I don't have a problem with sweet potaotes. I haven't tried the sweet potato fries though. I saw them on a menu and wanted to try them, but I was afraid they would get stuck.

I really enjoy Wendy's small Chili, like said earlier high Protein & low fat. I like a fruit n yogurt parfait from McDonald's but recently found out I can eat an ice cream cone from there for less calories if I add the granola! Steak n Shake's chili is yumo! Not so healthy though!

In my area the band-friendly restaurant I frequent is The salad Bowl, they also have a band-friendly meal delivery service called Bandtastic Meals that I use at work for my lunch.< /p>

I cannot eat chicken breast as it just gets stuck. I am a fish fan now and also love my salmon. I find omelettes are really great and I had one from the chinese the other day. It did me two meals. Soft tortillas give me difficulties but I will have to try the hard shells. I may be able to eat them. I find when I go out to lunch or dinner at a resturant, I am leaving 3/4s of my meal behind. I am starting to only buy things I can eat if they are entree size.

I am a total fish lover, every pregnancy I craved Salmon like crazy. If you have heard of Bandtastic Meals, they have a great Mahi Mahi and an even better baked Salmon. I totally understand the portion sizes in restaurant dilemma, i think it is a huge reason why people overeat. I know growing up my parents always told me eat everything on your plate and now i an adult I catch myself saying that to my kids or trying to eat everything on my plate even when I obviously full. Hope this helps.

Contess

Wendy's has a good chilli that is very filling and pretty darned healthy too. When I am feeling really ambitious I make my own chili with that soy bean burger stuff and add lots of my favorite veggies. I freeze some of it and when I feel tired and don't want to cook, it is only a few minutes from freezer to microwave. That is one of Dr Oz's suggestions, too, if any of you watch him. He says to always be prepared! I think he is awesome and am trying to incorporate his ideas into my way of eating, such as always having something healthy on hand.

Wendy's Chili or a single without the bun.

Taco Bell's pintos and cheese was sublime when I first went back to fast food. It's still pretty awesome.

Mc D's burgers are too tough and I struggle with chicken, period.

In my area the band-friendly restaurant I frequent is The salad Bowl, they also have a band-friendly meal delivery service called Bandtastic Meals that I use at work for my lunch.< /div>

Bandtastic recently sent samples to my surgeon's office, and his staff gave it RAVE reviews. You can order frozen meals from them online :)

This is a good thread. Thanks for the info. I haven't been banded yet but I don't eat fast food and I don't eat beef or pork but I am on the road for work at least 1 week per month!

If you have a Jimmy John's near you, you can do an "unwich" which is any of their sandwiches wrapped in lettuce rather than bread. I know some people have trouble with lettuce but it might be worth a try for others.

The pintos and cheese might be a good solution for me when I can't stop to eat a salad. I have only been to Taco Bell once in my life and ended up with a meatless taco. That might be another option.

kagead

long john silvers has tilapia that is grilled. i also eat kfc grilled chicken breast. when we were on the road, I had an egg mcmuffin minus the top muffin with the cheese. not the best of options, with the white flour, but it worked. I can't eat cheese, either.