Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Rumbaut Inamed certified?

Hi,

I am considering going to Dr. Rumbaut in Mexico for my band. Does anyone know if he is Inamed certified? How do I find out?

Also, Thanks for all your awesome posts! The support here is fantastic!

Annie

Guest Janet_e

Dr Rumbaut has been about since I first started researching banding back in 1998. I don't speak from experience but I understand that he's a very good surgeon and has masses of band experience. I also believe he has a band himself which is always a bonus as it means he understands the pitfalls.

At one point when I was doing my research and I was having difficulty finding a good surgeon in Europe I even consider going to Mexico myself. Fortunately, I found Dr Frering so didn't have to travel so far.

Janet from UK

If you decide to use Dr. Rumbaut. I dont think you will be sorry. Hes a great surgeon. I to was bannded by Dr.Rumbaut last month on 8/22/05 . I also have my S/N # & info from Inamed on my surgery report

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Rumbaut is actually one of those who proctors new docs in the US when THEY are becoming certfied. He IS one of those who worked with Inamed long before US ever started training for the lapband.

One of the most popular and in my opinion talented surgeons in Mexico (Ortiz) praises Dr. Rumboult to no end. Dr. R enjoys an EXCELLENT reputation--he was a consideration for me, just harder & more expensive to travel to from NY. (Like TJ is easy!). From what I hear, you can't go wrong with him. As Leatha says he is certified/licensed (whatever it is) and he had indeed proctored many sureones in the U.S. Good luck & let us know.

You can contact Inamed directly if you want a 'official' answer to your question. Their website is inamed.com, and I've known people to get very quick answers to email with questions like that. I do know that Inamed will not sell a band to a doctor that they have not trained, and I do believe that Dr. Rumbaut is one of their proctors that teaches the procedure to new doctors. I'm also 90% sure that he has a band himself, but I could be wrong about that. I can't honestly say where I remember reading that.

Dr. Rumbaut did my surgery a little over a year ago, and I could not have been happier with his service. My surgery was uneventful and I recovered very quickly. I also just recently received a survery from them asking my opinion on how they could improve their service, and then also asking for an update on my contact information so that they could keep in touch. When I responded, I got a reply back within a day.

I don't mean to prattle on, but just wanted to give you some of my good experience :)

Rumbaut did the PRE-FDA testing which allowed the FDA testing to be done in the states. He's a band pioneer...and a band patient. And he proctored the guys who now consider themselves to be the experts...if that tells you anything.

Thanks you guys! I was completely sure on him until I kept reading things. I called Inamed and they didn't have him listed but not I am wondering if they misspelled his name. I will contact them again. I just want to be one hundred percent sure. I do have a surgery date for Oct. 20. I am so excited.

BTW you guys are GREAT! I love reading your post. It is so nice to be able to talk to me that totally understand how I feel. Thanks a million!

Annie

Hey THANKS! I will check it out that way. I appreciate your help. I just feel with surgery and surgery in another country with my own money, ya just have to check everything out!

Thanks again and God Bless!

McGraw-addict,

Did you ever find out if Rumbaut is Inamed certified. If you don't mind me asking, how much is his office charging? If you want to PM me with that info, that's cool too.

Thanks! :)

McGraw-addict,

Did you ever find out if Rumbaut is Inamed certified.

Thanks! :)

Just read up a few responses! He is not only "Inamed certified," he is one a a very few surgeons who GOT Inamed's band approved in the US. He's beyond certified.