Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 NSV one over the weekend and one today!

Over the weekend I was in a store and decided to try on a regular size 14, rather than a 14W - it fit! Woo Hoo! I started at a size 20W.

Also...

This morning at work, a female security guard ( located in the lobby of my office building) called me over and said " I've been watching you, you are really doing great - how much have you lost?"

Woo hoo - so very few people say ANYTHING to me that sometimes I want to yell out - hey, look at me, can you see that something is different about me? I of course don't do it, but it does drive me crazy!

Anyway, just wanted to share my NSV - - love to hear about yours!

Edited by WorkingMom

Congratulations. It really feels good when something like that happens.

My favorite NSV was when I went to the outlet store where I buy scrubs for work (I work in a doctor's office). At the beginning of my journey I wore 2X. I had gotten down to large and they were looking kind of baggy, so I went back to buy some mediums. I picked out some tops and pants, took them home, and when I tried the pants on they still looked baggy. I thought I can't possibly be a small. I went back to the store, only this time I tried them on in the store to make sure before I exchanged them. Well, the small fit, so I returned the pants (the medium tops looked ok--sometimes I am a small but mostly medium) and got all small size. I honestly can't remember the last time I took a small anything. It felt so good!

I also shop at the local thrift store, and today wore a layered look top I had gotten there. Group support is tonight and I wanted to wear something other than scrubs. When it was admired at work I told them where I got it. I probably spent about $3.00 for it. Thrift stores are a great place to look for clothes, especially while you are losing and your size is changing. You can save a bundle. I have gotten past the idea that someone I don't know wore them before me. I even found a pair of Ann Taylor Loft jeans there. It was priced $6.98 but they were having a 50% off sale so I got them for about $3.50. I love them. They are kind of a brick red color, size 12 (down from 22W). I take 10-12 in misses sizes now. Pinch me!

Good luck on your journey. You can do it. It is never too late, but never is too late.

That is so awesome! Congrats for you! How exciting. I haven't shopped in the misses department in years and I wouldn't even know where to begin.

Ahhhhh the misses department. . . . the stuff dreams are made of. . . . hopefully someday soon I will be there again.

That is so great. I just had a similar experience. My sister works at JJill (she is a size 6 :eek:), and after we had lunch she insisted that I try some clothes on. Well, low and behold, I was wearing a medium top and a size 16 pant:hurray:.......first that I have shopped in the Misses department in years. I was so happy I bought way too many items......I will have to take some back (without my sisters' knowledge). I'm really trying not to buy too many clothes while I'm still steadily losing.

Keep up the good work.

WOW!!! :eek: I have no idea what size I will be wearing when I finally reach my goal. I was born wearing plus size diapers!! I truly do not think I will ever be able to wear single-digit size clothing. Right now (band is in 3 weeks), I wear a baggy 26/28. I am 5'9 and have always had the build of a refrigerator w/ boobs. Could it be that I was just deluding myself all these years about being "big boned" or being able to be a walk-on for the Steelers? I will be thrilled if I can fit into a size 12 comfortably. :sad:

LOL sweatbean70. I think I was born wearing plus size diapers too. Was such a great feeling the first time I tired on 16 regular jeans and an XL top in JCPenney Misses, not plus, dept.and they fit with room to spare. There are still some items where I need the "W" or 1X but I now start out in Misses dept. first. The prices are even a little cheaper. I even got a size L workout pants the other day & a couple of size L tops. AND my shoe size has gone down from a 10 because I needed some wides to an 8.5. AND I can wear taller heels too. so much that never thought of before.