Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

just getting on board with this site

Hello from Omaha, NE. Just had my lapband done on 8/11 and have lost my first 28lbs on my first f/u visit on 8/31. Does it get alot harder to loss wt since my appetite is sure back? I'm so thrilled to have found this email site for support.

Hello Julie! I just had my lap band done also on 8/16 and have lost my first 21 lbs. We're is the same boat - I'm very aware of my hunger and the lack of restriction. I'm scheduled for my first fill on 9/16 and I have done a lot of reading on the site about fills, etc. The general consensus from all those with experience is that the band is made to work with a fill and that very often, people then feel fuller, etc.

Someone referred to a website of a guy that lost so much weight - lapbandtransformation.com - and under "adjustments" he talks about what the "perfect" restriction should be like and fill like as well as how to work with it. I have been getting myself prepared because I think that is when the real adjustment will begin for me since I have very little restriction currently and only feel tightness when I eat too quickly.

I have been told by my doctor that I will not continue to lose weight so quickly since a lot of initial weight is Water, etc., but that if you have the proper fill and follow all the rules, the weight will continue to drop.

I'll remember you're name - and will be interested in how its going for you!!

Congratulations on being banded and you have done great with your weight loss!!! Welcome to LBT!!! Nice to have someone new find us!!! LBT has helped me alot and I think it will do the same for you... lots of suport here!!!

Hi Julie and Welcome to LBT

Congratulations on your new band. I wish you lots of success :)

Once you get your fills it gets easier, I think it is when you have no restriction that it is a little difficult.

Glad you found us!

Hey Julie: I will throw in my welcomes to LBT with the rest. Lots of support here and lots of knowledge as well. Explore the board.

Welcome,

I am also new to this website I was banded about a month ago and I feel so great. I tend to forget that I have had this done. I tend to over eat I think I need a fill also. I would love to find a Doctor in the Memphis TN area instead of having to go back to Mexico.... Well I wish you great luck....

I sure loved hearing from you. Bet we become pretty good friends thru this line. I'm a nurse and should have learned how to loss weight on my own but this lapband turned out to be my only hope. I knew my first wt loss was mostly Water cause my joints don't hurt and edema in both feet have completly gone. I sure am looking forward to my first fill, but will not even be considered until approx 3 months after surgery GRRRRRRR! Let me know how you're doing my friend!