Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can everyone PLEASE post

Since surgery on 3/19 I have lost a total of 27 lbs, but total since starting this journey in December its 48 lbs. I had my first fill on 4/28 and since then I have lost about 9 lbs. These past 2 weeks I have been staying pretty much within a 2-3 lb range going up and down. I am not liking that fact that I think I am plateauing so early on. I also do no thing I am eating enough Protein, so I am trying to boost that up hoping that will make a difference in my losses. I really want/need to hit the 50 lbs mark to feel a sense of accomplishment.

Hi - I was banded 3/9/09 and had lost 27 lbs up until last week, and this week I'm up 3 lbs. So 24# total so far. I have a fill scheduled this week, so maybe that will start it up again.

I was banded on December 31, 2008 and have lost (since surgery) 63lbs as of yesterday's Doctor's visit. It had been six weeks since my last visit and I lost 12lbs in that 6 week period with little or no restriction! Loosing too fast definately makes me nervous because the reason for choosing lap band over any other was for the gradual more natural loss. I was also filled for the 3rd time yesterday bring me to a total of 6cc in a 14cc band, and was nervous about that also because why on earth would I want to be filled and have been loosing between 9 and 12 lbs each month! The doctor calmed me down though and explained to me that because I was loosing on the high side, I did in fact need a fill and this was the reason behind me not feeling that restriction....everytime I loose, I get a little wiggle room in my band...lmbo I do eat more than 4 oz...believe me...lol but as stated yesterday I'm kinda buring off what I eat... It makes sense. My Snacks consisted mostly of yogurt n' Protein Shakes, etc...... and while this is okay...I was advised to switch some of my snacks to full solid Proteins like fish etc...and limit the full liquid and softer Protein snacks and that I would find that I would get back closer to 4 to 6oz for those 3 meals as opposed to that 6 to 9oz that I was doing...lol lol. I tried this today... and one of 2 things happend...either this fill hits the spot or the change in menu is working....I'll keep you posted...lol EVERYBODY is different! Once you get the hang of what a typical meal should consist of...and what you should be eating only in moderation.....and balance that with a little exercise...even if it's shopping in Wal-Mart or the mall for about an hour a few times a week...or going there for that one item you keep forgetting and using that as an excuse to walk the store to see whats new...lol and finding yourself a hobby or 2 that really express that part of you that you never knew existed.....hint hint...you get the idea!:redface:

I was banded on March 23rd and in the 2nd week after surgery I lost 16lbs....Gotta fill @ 6 weeks no restriction and still @ 16lbs lost....Today week 8 STILL @ 16 lbs. and getting pissed....Longing to put this hardware to use...

Banded 3/26/09

Lost 20 lbs to date

1st fill 5/1 - 3cc

Going slower then I had hoped and I'm not scheduled for my 2nd fill till 7/10 (10 wks between fills). I've only lost 2 lbs since fill.....and that's after I called and said was there a mistake on my appt card....it was origianlly scheduled for 12 wks from my last fill!!!!!

If my scales don't start moving I'm gonna drive the office crazy begging for fills!!!!

Edited by Big Momma is Shrinking

Big mama is shrinking

I don't understand why your doctor is making you wait so long between fills, I was banded on 3/24 and I had my second fill today. I would talk to your doctor and tell him your concerns.

Hello,

Surgery was on 03/10/09- Weighted 204,

Had my 1st fill 04/12/09 weighted in at 188

2nd fill on 05/12/09 weighted in at 187

Slowly coming off. Who can help me in chosing what to eat and absoultly not eat. I do exercise at least 3x a week at the gym and everyday before my morning shower at home, doing squats and arm exercises. I am really getting frustrated, and I know i need to be patient... I guess i should be glad i am not gaining. and i am.

I was banded May 4th and have lost 10.4 pounds and 8 inches! I started back my walking last week 4-5x week at 3 miles a day. Just love seeing the scales go down or stay the same but not move up!!! I have not been hungry like alot of people talk about and I have the realize band and they don't put any Fluid in at time of surgery so I don't know why I'm not getting hungry but praise the lord I'm not.

I was Banded on March 30th 2009, and at my appointment on wednesday for my 1st fill I was down 36.5lbs since surgery!!! :w00t:

I started at 299.5:thumbdown: and now I am down to 263 in 7 weeks!!!!!! :wink2:

I workout 5 days a week at the Gym at work, and I dont cheat on what Im suppose to eat, I drink atleast 64oz of Water a day most times its more.

I cant wait to be in regular sized clothes. Im getting there but it seems like its going to take forever! lol

Hi guys~ Wow, it sounds like everyone is doing great! I know we are all stuck on numbers, I am guilty too. I am also finding out from successful bandsters not to weigh EVERY single day. The other key seems to be keeping a food diary. (I am using the program that came with my Realize band) although you can use dailyplate..etc. The other things is exercise!!!!!! I hired a trainer just to have another reason to be accountable! She weighs me once a week. I KNOW how to work out.. but she is able to push me to do things that I wouldn't do by myself (like lunges and weird core workouts). I don't do "machines" when I work out with her... I can do those on my own. Whenever you get frustrated look at some before and after pics of success stories! That always motivates me! Also, I love the OH magazine. (Obesity Help). Support groups!!! I can't say enough!!! they help. And always remember your doctor and his office work for YOU! Not the other way around. Make them listen to you.

3-11-09 292lb

3-30-09 279

4-7-09 1st fill(3cc): 279lb

4-16-09 2nd fill (1cc): 272lb

4-30-09 3rd fill (1.5cc) 266

5-24-09 259

5-14-09 4th fill (1cc) 260

5-14-09 unfill!!! (0.5cc) 260

Edited by peascorps

I was 202 on the day of surgery and today I'm 170, so 32 pounds in 11 weeks. (45 pounds in 13 weeks if you count the pre-op diet) I've had 2 fills and now have 5 ccs in my 11 cc band. I feel a little restriction some days and none on other days. It's a wonderful feeling to be shrinking out of my clothes.

I was banded on Jan.8,2009 to date I have lost 82 pounds :sad: I have had two fills so I have a total of 5.5cc's in my 10cc band. I have slowed way down on how fast I'm losing now, down to 2-4 pounds over a two week period. Wondering if it is time for another fill :lol:

Congrats to everyone on their loss so far :thumbup:

Banded on March 24th. Surgery day weight 344.

Weight on May 24th 313....... So 31 pounds.

No fill yet.

when their surgery was and how much wieght they have lost (please dont include wieght loss pre-surgery from liquid diet)

I was banded March 17th. It's been nearly 12 weeks and I've lost 20 lbs. I'm disappointed. I DO get all the Protein I need and drink at least 64 oz. of Water a day. I eat 4 oz for Breakfast and lunch and about 8 oz for dinner. I feel little to no restriction and have had 4 fills. I have to be getting close to restriction some time soon. I have mobilty issues so no weight bearing exercise but I am riding the exercise bike 3 to 4 times a week.

Pezo, I'm with you about "Longing to put this hardware to use... !":thumbup: