Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How often do you weigh yourself?

I can remember a lot of weight loss tips from before my surgery and I'd have to say now that adding them up, most are pretty good ones. The one that sticks out in my mind that is wrong (for me) is to not weigh yourself every day. I definitely weigh myself every day and once in awhile, I may gain a pound or two for no reason, and I can accept that. I just buckle down for a couple of days to get it back. I've taken up to a week to just get back the 1-2 pounds I may gain, but at least I'm conscious of it. I fear if I only weighed myself once a week, I might not notice and gain more. So how often do you weigh yourself? Once I hit my goal weight I might think about only weighing myself a couple of times a week.

I weigh myself once a day. I get on the scale every morning at the same time in just panties. I know they say not to weigh every day but..........i find it keeps me more in check if i do it daily.

i weigh in everyday... i probably shouldnt but i cant seem to help myself. i always weigh and around the same time each day.... i'd love to have the will power to get weighed once a week but its just not there yet

I also weigh myself every morning, no clothes! Sometimes I gain 2 0r 3 pounds suddenly. Sometimes It's because I either ate too much for a day or two, but sometimes it comes as a surprise and i'm like YIKES! But I agree, then I know I need to pay more attention to what I eat and drink, and it gets me more motivated for my next work out. Bottom line is I think you should do what's comfortable for you.

I guess it's not the top of my list, I have found that if i dont' worry about this life with the band and I think that is why 1.) I am a slow loser, and 2.) I am not stressed out and the weight is coming off steadily. I thought I was jinx'ing myself because just when I thought this was going to be the first month in 10 months I didn't lose, lord and behold get onthe scales and met my 8lbs this month! Try to do it just once a week and see if that helps with the stress and the weight loss you would be surprised....

I think your right Jul what ever is comfortable with one's self, I know I have a friend that is the same way she weighs alot and could never do once a week!

I weigh MOST days. I was in a car wreck a few weeks ago and have to go to PT 2 mornings a week and on those days I rush around and usually don't even leave my bedroom until I'm showered, fully dressed and ready to go and I drink my Breakfast on those days, in the car. But like the OP said, I'd rather see the numbers and be reminded of successes, learn of new pounds lost, and on those occasions when I'm up, to know about them even if there is a good reason (I was up 2 pounds today, but I worked in the yard yesterday all day long and I was exhausted when I came in the house and today I have sore muscles which indicates lactic acid being held in muscles so that and the heat yesterday probably account for it all).

ha ha....I only weight when I go to the doctor. Which is in two weeks so I can tell you the weight in my signature IS NOT current. lol...I can get very discouraged by being so tied to the scale. I have found I am happier by not checking so often...everyone is different..have to do what is best for you. :frown:

i dont have a scale at home....bcuz i know i would drive myself crazy...i weight myself every other weekend at target....they always have a digital scale open!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

I, too, weigh myself almost everyday...I need to be accountable to myself, so weighing in each morning helps me do that...I don't get upset if I don't loose anything, but I know when I've eaten a little too much and I put on a little weight, the scale will let me know! That helps keep me in check, it brings me back to reality and helps me get my a-- back in gear...its been working for me, you have to do what works for you!

I don't have a scale at home because I'd be tempted to make it more about the "numbers" than how I feel...so I weigh myself MWF when I go to the pool for my laps and aqua therapy exercises. The only problem I've found is that the pool scale is different from my doc, so monthly I feel like I've gained because his scale registers about 5 lbs different from any other I try ;-)

How do you add the weight ticker to the bottom of your profile?

hi,

just had my surgery april the 20th. came home from surgery and weighed myself and gained 9 pounds, i was so upset i promised myself to weigh once a week on fridays. i am losing now......makes me happy. once a week is great for me.

I weigh every morning. It keeps me aware of what is going on. If I am up a few lbs in one day, I know I consumed too much sodium and I try to get more liquids in the next day.