Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Non Scale Victories!

Hey guys

The scale does not always show the extent that even the amount of weight we have lost so far has improved our life - so I thought it would be cool to have a place where we can share in the exciting things that aren't shown on the scale but that we should congratulate ourselves on too!

Like tonight I went to get some pajama pants out of the drawer, and I thought - oh no, I won't put those ones on as they are tight as, but then I thought perhaps they won't be so bad - AND THEY WERE LOOSE!!!!! OMG!!! :biggrin:

I have bought new underwear in a size 18!

I can wear my bra without the bra-extender at the back to make it fit around my body (as embarrassing as that is) :tt2:

I am starting to feel a bit sexy and a bit more like a woman than a "nothing"!!

I have not lose wt since being banded April 17th, but all my clothes are to big for me. Every body notice that I am losing weight so the hell with the scale, I do feel sexy and I'm walking around the house half naked, and love the way my body feel.

OH MY GOSH lingling I totally was writing this post in my head last night as I went to bed!!!! I have been getting up the past couple nights and changing out of my pj pants into a pair of panties. I just couldnt get comfortable with the pj pants on and last night the reason WHY clicked, THEY ARE TOO BIG! they ride up ALL the way to my thighs and get bunched up and are not comfy. I don't know why it took me so long to figure it out but it definately made me feel a little more successful as the scale didnt budge at all this week.

This morning I was getting dressed and put my belt on and when I started this journey *IF* I wore a belt it was merely for decoration and I used the very largest hole on the belt. Today I was fastening it and realized that I am on the SMALLEST hole! I am almost too little for my belt, and i NEED it now!

Okay final NSV for me and I'll hush. I haven't gotten on the scale since yesterday. I have resolved to NOT get on it until Friday morning. I need to get out of the mindset that it will determine my success. My success will be defined by ME everytime I make positive choices. Everytime I get in my exercise I am successful. Everytime I put my health ahead of my petulant inner foodchild I am successful. I feel good about myself and then step on the scale and feel myself deflate, this isn't the way I want to live my life and I am doing something about it.

Congratulations on your NSV's Lingling! I am proud of you and your successes!!

Thank you Thinwithin. I love support and good Ideas. I work in a Doctors office and pass the scale about 5o times a day, I will only use it for patients and not me!

Congrats, Lingling!! Every little victory is going to be so exciting, and new underwear and bras are something I can't wait for!!! I'm so proud of you - keep up the good work!

Hey guys

The scale does not always show the extent that even the amount of weight we have lost so far has improved our life - so I thought it would be cool to have a place where we can share in the exciting things that aren't shown on the scale but that we should congratulate ourselves on too!

Like tonight I went to get some pajama pants out of the drawer, and I thought - oh no, I won't put those ones on as they are tight as, but then I thought perhaps they won't be so bad - AND THEY WERE LOOSE!!!!! OMG!!! :unsure:

I have bought new underwear in a size 18!

I can wear my bra without the bra-extender at the back to make it fit around my body (as embarrassing as that is) ;)

I am starting to feel a bit sexy and a bit more like a woman than a "nothing"!!

Ling, Tere & Thin- Congrats!! Thanks so much for sharing your NSVs. I'm so happy for all of us!

My NSV is that I can see the weight loss in my face. My clothes are looser but unfortunately they were really tight to begin with. I don't expect to change sizes for another 20lbs or more. But that is ok because I don't have money to spend on clothes. Though I am looking forward to shopping in my own closet in my "skinny clothes" section.

I have aNSV... I grabbed a pair of jeans in my closet that I thought were a 16 and pulled them on and they fit nicely... I then took them off to see if I accedently took the 18's instead, i did a double take when I saw that they were a 16 lol... granted they have stretch to them , but I was so excited seeing as if 7 weeks ago I couldn't even get them close to buttoned!!! so I can offically say I am a 16/18 wooohooo from a very tight 20!! And the other day I went into New York and Co and I saw a pretty shirt... It was a large and I figured hey I might as well buy it... it will fit eventually... well I got home and tried it on and OMGoodness IT FIT, and it wasn't even tight or awful looking.. it looked NICE WOOOHOOOOO!!!!! so exciting lol. Love this thread!! can't wait to hear all of your NSV and I'll post more as they come up!

amy

Still haven't stepped on the scale, the further I get away from having stepped on it the less important it becomes. I am pretty excited that it's been DAYS since I last weighed not hours (or minutes lol)

Ling, Tere & Thin- Congrats!! Thanks so much for sharing your NSVs. I'm so happy for all of us!

My NSV is that I can see the weight loss in my face. My clothes are looser but unfortunately they were really tight to begin with. I don't expect to change sizes for another 20lbs or more. But that is ok because I don't have money to spend on clothes. Though I am looking forward to shopping in my own closet in my "skinny clothes" section.

Love it! I have a huge "skinny cloths" section. I am currently in a size 22 now and my section goes down to 14 with a few 12's.

I have not had a major scale victory so I can appreciate the NSV more!

I am noticing a big difference in the way my cloths fit! My second chin is becoming a smaller chin indeed! You can see weight loss in my face -n- cheeks! So far I think I am loosing inches all over! Yay for inches lost - get out'a here!

I was not expecting a miracle, but if you told me I was going to loose a couple lbs on the liquid diet, I would have been in disbelief. I really thought something different in my head.

Hi guys! I know there hasn't been a post here in a while, but I just wanted to share too. I gained weight this week (from over indulgence on my vacation) and I was feeling a little low. I went for a bike ride with my daughter today. I haven't gone in a few weeks. Anyway, I suddenly noticed that the strap on my helmet was WAY too loose! Small victory, I know, but I was feeling pretty down until then...hope everyone else is still experiencing those NSV's! Take care...

... Anyway, I suddenly noticed that the strap on my helmet was WAY too loose! Small victory, I know, but I was feeling pretty down until then...hope everyone else is still experiencing those NSV's! Take care...

KMCD: No victory is small! I underestimated how uplifting a NSV could be, but I had 2 this past week: One morning, I decided to wear a particular blouse to work, despite the fact that the last time I wore it, it was so tight in my belly that I was miserable all day...and alas! It was LOOSE and very comfortable.

A couple of days later, I suddenly realized that my bra was more comfortable. Didn't feel as tight in the back, and the shoulder straps were really loose! Now I can't wait to have to buy new bras and panties!

Another NSV for me- My husband said to me at least 5 times on Saturday/Sunday "Your butt is getting smaller". I smiled and said thanks. Yesterday he says "Seriously, your butt is really shrinking. Have you checked your weight?". I told him that I've lost 33lbs since my highest weight in 1/09. He smiled the biggest grin and gave me a kiss. Double bonus NSV & kiss :smile:

My latest NSV was a funny surprise. I went to put on some shorts after work the other day. It had been several weeks since I had put on this particular pair of shorts. I knew they would be big, but I was just going to be home so I figured it didn't matter. I put them on and buttoned them up. I took two steps and they literally fell right off:w00t::smile:. My wife looked at me laughing and said " I guess those go onto the don't fit pile now".

The pile of don't fit clothes is much larger than the do fit pile now.