Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

varicose veins spider veins calluses

Yes...callouses not so bad right now, but I've been getting pedicures lately as my own reward system! Have varicose veins/spider veins on legs...Cindy

I wear sandals all the time, so my feet are really aweful. I know that if I wore 'shoes' they wouldn't be so bad, but I really like my flip flops. Not so much with the veins at this point though.

Barefoot nana here, with rough heals to prove it. Amazingly, very few varicose veins, I have less than most younger people I see in shorts.

oh man, do I ever. Nasty legs. My feet are dry and calloused. I never wear shoes. Got one of them stones in the shower, they really help for the heels. I was wondering if the varicose viens go away as you lose weight? I have one vien that sticks out on the side of my knee and just throbs (I sit all day at a computer). My surgeon (lucky me) can fix those too, I was told, but am waiting to see what happens down the road.

I've got some spider veins, not a lot though and no varicose veins. Nobody in my family has ever suffered varicose veins but my mum has lots of spider veins.

My first visit with the physio for my injured ankle, he remarked on the state of my feet. They're not really bad but the heels are callused a little and I had a split - he wondered whether I walked funny due to this but it wasnt painful at all. I use heel balm every night - too look at them they look like anyone else's feet. I too wear flip flops (only we call them thongs), sandal type shoes and clogs in the winter all the time - not the least of which because my heel is very swollen and painful so I find a full shoe a tad uncomfortable at the moment.

I have a few of those faint veiny things in the back of my thighs. They are ugly, I hate them.

A gift from my grandma... god love her I have them all

There's a product called "Bag Balm" that does wonders for callouses and cracks. It comes in a little green tin. Ask for it at the drugstore because it's hard to find. It was originally used for callouses on cow's udders (milk bag) from milking.

The only ones I notice are the ones that are because I am so damn pale u can see the vein. I got a few spider faint ones, very small, I think from wearing heels all those years. I think you can get them removed fairly cheap.

Believe it or not, many of the "caluses-certain types and rough dry cracked skin can be caused by a certain type of fungal-athletes foot. There is an antifungal cream out for it, not the regular athletes foot cream, but it helps majorly, I didnt have the caluses, but I had the dry cracking feet, and used this on there and hardly have any now..

I am not at home right now so I donthave the cream, but I will have to try and look to see if I have anymore,, I wish I could remember the exact name of the condition, it is a form of athletes foot, but not the kind you might thikn of with the itchy etc and stuff like around the toes etc...

I used to be a podiatrists assistant and trimmed all the calluses and super thick nails etc and other stuff... Thats when I learned this.... The podiatrists office can cut the calluses way down, because legally here in FL, nail techs etc are not allowed to cut ot trim or use the "cheese grater" on calluses. The DBPR does not allow it, I am also I licensed nail tech since 1998...So please be careful if your nail tech does this, as teh instruments may not be getting as "clean" as you think especially if they dont change the sanitizing solution... There arent enough inspectors to inspect every salon frequently.. and when they are in the area, the call each other to warn the inspector is in town...

Just trying to help as many of us may be diabetics or have other problems, and dont need to add to them with foot problems-sores, etc.....

I have spider veins all over, no varicose ones though, hoping I have good genes - mum and nanna both have good legs - perhaps I will be lucky too. Most of this stuff can be removed these days, the only problem is the $$$.

It is odd that you ask this question. I have bad varicose veins, bad enough that I had an appointment with a vascular sugeon yesterday to get them taken care of. I will have to have them surgically stripped. I have lost 70 pounds and my legs actually hurt more since I have lost the weight. Varicose veins do not go away they typically get worse. My mom suffered with varicose veins all the time I was growing up so I was destined to get them. Gaining all of the weight and a couple of pregnancies did not help either!

I just have to wait for the insurance company to approve me now that it is considered medically necessary.

regarding "Hot like her"'s info on fungus -- I had heard that also and had terrible problems with my feet. I tried tea tree oil (which is an anti fungal (sp?)) and it worked wonders.