Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Moments of Weakness/Relapse

Ok, I am fairly positive we all have them. Those momentary relapses into our old ways. I had mine Friday and I have to come clean because the guilt is coming over me....

My weakness was.... (drum roll)...... a HUGE bowl of double caramel Peanut Butter cup ice cream lathered in hot fudge.

There, I said it. I really said it! I told someone! OHHHHHHHHH, the horror! The mayhem! The utter disgust of it all!!

Someone please share... when and what was your last weakness???

Boy Jenna, my confession is pepperoni sticks and apple pie!!!! I should be branded. The guilt was eating me up (ha-ha) Was waiting for someone to catch me and put a big light over my head for everyone to see!! Blinking in red,

Cheating, Cheating!!

Todays a new day and nothing happened, go figure!!!!

Back on the road to a better tomorrow.

Banded 7/27/05

Highest 296/Pre-surgery 292/Now 270/Goal 165

Sizes 24/4-6x Now 22/2x

First fill 9/8/05 yeah!!!!

**Jenna**

You are SO not a lone in this cheating/guilt cycle! Im right there with ya. I haven't been very good these last few days. I have been over confident I think and eatting whatever. This is exactly how I have blown HOW MANY diets? I can't even count any more. I am just trying REALLY hard to stay out of the kitchen and away from Taco Bell untill 9-6-05...Thats when my son goes back to school. I plan on starting to really exercise faithfully for 30 minutes everyday after I bring him to school. If I get my job back, which I am really not counting on, but hey stranger things have happened...I will be walking all day long anyways....Sooooo I just gotta hold on one more day! I think I can do it. And it doesn't help that my good friend works at an Ice Cream shoppe, and I have been going there a lot to visit her. Oh lemme have just a little bit of this, or a little bit of that...can ya put some hot fudge on that? EWL! Damn chocolate!!!! Its from the Devil I know it!!!!! I haven't been in that shop in a week, so maybe the temptation is subsiding? I dunno...Its scarey though. Weigh sure does come back a LOT quicker than it goes away...THEN my halloween thing starts on the 30th!! eha! I run around like a nut up there and I know that will help me get over this hump! We RUN sometimes from 7pm - 2am~~ Some nights are way busier than others! I think the latest I ever got home from the haunted house was 3am, 3:30am...That was after clean up, and our nightly bragging session on who scared who worse! ehehe Sorry, to always go on and on about that place and Halloween, but it is my passion! Gets the mind off the other passions in life...CHOCOLATE...:D

TTYL

My last one was yesterday at my birthday party at my Mom's house. I had a piece of german chocolate bundt cake and a piece of Reese's Peanut Butter Ice Cream birthday cake. YES I HAD TWO CAKES!!! LOL!!!!!!

So far I have been really good, but I am nearly one month out and I am starting to feel hungry. Unfortunantly I am sure it won't be long before I will be posting my confession here with you.

Brownie/Icecream Cake- Yesterday for my daughter's birthday. (Just a small piece though)

I've been binging on those new Dreyer DIBS all weekend

Those things are EVIL! For my surgery my sister came to visit, knowing full well I couldn't eat and she bought those. I was like "feh! She'll just eat them and that's that." No, she left have a container in my freezer. You know if you hold a Dib in your mouth long enough...they turn to liquid? Yeah they do....and the cooool was nice on my healing tummy. They go down TOO easy.

Rattin' smattin' Dibs.

If I confess here, maybe my willpower will grow. Thursday night I had popcorn with butter. Friday I rode 430 miles and had a bee nick me in the eyebrow. To console myself, I went to the hotel restraunt and ordered wine, then crab and artichoke dip, then another wine. Saturday I went to a wedding and did fine food-wise but alcohol showed up again. I rode home yesterday and am ready to follow good bandster rules. I am now snacking on Wolverines high Protein dried turkey nugget - 39 grams of protein and 7 carbs in a bag (260 calories).

Yes, I'm sure alcohol will be my problem when I'm banded. And I've certainly been noticing lately that lots of things that shouldnt be on the menu are much easier to chew up and turn to mush than lots of way healthier foods.

But surely its OK to plan a treat every now and then?. Even when you're losing weight, its what you do most of the time that counts. You're supposed to be developing new habits that last you the rest of your life, well normal people dont live on grilled chicken breasts and lettuce leaves forever! What's the worst that can happen, you lose a little less this week? I think one of the most important things is to learn to handle those foods and to fit them into a healthy diet.

Let's see - how many can I name? I have had movie theater popcorn with butter but no where near the amount that I used to eat. My biggest weakness is resturant food. I go to the resturant, order the food, and then proceed to eat WAY too much. I don't get sick but I feel really guilty. This is why my next fill is Wednesday!