Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Miss California and Gay marriage

I think it was the unpopular answer in the room. And as much as I defend FOX news to some other posters, I have to admit they got this one wrong.

In the room, yes. But she's Miss California. She was giving California's popular answer.

God did create marriage in the beginning when he joined Adam and Eve together and told them to procreate. And Yes, that was before the many laws that humans made, and the laws of human beings stem from God's original laws on human rights and wrongs and what he deems acceptable or not.

You are correct in saying that you are here as a creation of God, and a creation he loves dearly, but the choices that you make in life are yours and yours alone, not Gods. He created man and woman and gave them their body parts to fit together and to procreate as he had planned for them. It was not in his plan for men to get together with men or for women to get together with women. If you desire to sleep with other women, it is because it's what you desire, not what God planned for you. A gay person can make a decision to either fulfill his own desires in life, OR follow God's plan for themselves. It's their choice. You or anyone else who is gay is not a part of any bigger design of Gods. God designed you as a woman, and expected you to get married and then have sex with the man you married, or otherwise stay single and not have sex at all.

Patty, PLEASE don't proselytize to people. What they do is not for you to judge by wielding God against them. Not everybody believes in God, and even if they do, not everybody believes in the same rules. This thread should not be another chance for you to judge others in this manner. :drool:

I would not vote for gay marriages if it were put to a vote, which is what I think they should do in every state for every controversial issue. If they voted for civil unions, I would vote no as well, but if the choice were between the 2, I'd vote yes to civil unions over marriage. I would like to see the rights of gay couples protected. By rights I mean property, hosp. visits, insurance, etc. These are rights that everyone should have anyway, whether gay or not. But, aren't these rights already there for everyone who knows how to see an attorney and have what they want written up?

Patty,

I should have known better than to fall into one of your post traps again spouting your religion, no thanks:thumbdown:

Beth, I am simply responding to her thread. She spoke about God and his creation and his design for gay people.

What I say about God's plan for marriage is for all mankind, myself included. Gay, straight, or whatever. He had one plan for men and women. Most mankind, myself included, gets it wrong. I did it all backwards and had a baby before I was married and lived with the father before we got married as well. So, I'm not saying I don't sin and I'm judging noone. I'm just pointing out what God's plan is for marriage. Mankind makes choices to either follow it or not.

Wow! I'm going to get all my advice from Patty from now...she seems to have a direct line to God! All this time I thought "My God" loves everyone..gay/straight, FAT/skinny.. My minister asked us, "Would Jesus Descriminate?" I'm sure Patty knows the answer to that!

Wow! I'm going to get all my advice from Patty from now...she seems to have a direct line to God! All this time I thought "My God" loves everyone..gay/straight, FAT/skinny.. My minister asked us, "Would Jesus Descriminate?" I'm sure Patty knows the answer to that!

Wow! You're really thick. I believe I stated that God loves everyone, but that he hates our sin. (homosexuality, gluttony, etc.) What don't you get about that? Jesus doesn't discriminate against anyone when it comes to who he loves. And as for having a direct line to God, YES! I do, and so does everybody.

Maybe if we all ignore her she will go away. It's not like I ever see any lap band related postings anyhow. All preaching.

This is the off topic rants and raves section. I don't need to talk about lap band anymore in any other sections. I'm all talked out on that subject for now.

I wish you got it, Patty, I really do. Sadly, your type of Christian runs people off in droves. :biggrin:

Sorry you feel that way, Beth. But my kind of Christian is the kind that doesn't mince words. Sometimes people just need to hear the truth about sin and how God feels about it, so they could do something about it and maybe have a chance for eternal life. It's those christians who are so accepting and tolerant and say "live and let live" who don't really care about the souls of others. I don't have any problem at all with people making their own choices in life on how they want to live. It's truly up to them. I just want them to know that the one who created them is not pleased with their choices sometimes and that they will reap the consequences in the next life if they don't recognize their choices as sinful and repent like so many others have done. So, you're wrong when you say I don't get it. I get it fine.

Why am I picturing the mother from the movie "Carrie"?:biggrin:

OMG that is hilarious and a little disturbing because that's how I pictured her when I saw her preaching in another thread!

Wow! You're really thick. I believe I stated that God loves everyone, but that he hates our sin. (homosexuality, gluttony, etc.) What don't you get about that? Jesus doesn't discriminate against anyone when it comes to who he loves. And as for having a direct line to God, YES! I do, and so does everybody.

Then maybe you should leave it to "your" God to do the hating...

I'm sorry Patty, but you need more help than Lap-band surgery has to offer...God told me!