Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone else NOT a fitness overachiever?!

So, I'm feeling really good about all this, until I get up this morning and GAINED a pound! I worked my tail off yesterday. At least I could have stayed the same!!!!

My first thought was dehydration. Did you make sure you got enough to drink? More than normal b/c of all that you did? If I don't drink enough, I will ALWAYS gain the next AM, sometimes upwards of a few lbs!

WTG JuneAct! :ohmy: I really didn't want to go to the gym on Friday. I had talked myself out of it by the time I got to the house to pick up DD, but when I got there she was already dressed to go.

So, I didn't even say anything to her about not going. I just got changed and went to the gym. I ended up beating my time, and was really into it.

Saturday, we woke up early and went for a walk with the dogs. That was about a 2 mile walk. We walk to a park, then around the lake, then back home again.

Sunday, I walked around a festival, but I did split a funnel cake with my mom and DD, so that may not count towards weight loss! :lol:

Good for you! And WTG to DD for being all ready to go when you got home! That has to be huge! Seems she's liking it. Or liking your rewards for going! LOL! Whatever... She's going and you are going and THAT is fantastic!!! :unsure:

After the busy, crazy day we had I was thinking that I wasn't going to get my walk in today. I usually go about mid-morning but we were up and out earlier than normal so it didn't happen. This afternoon, before dinner, I told DD she was staying home with papa and I changed clothes and took off. I had my ipod with me and just vegged while I walked! Only problem is that I was listening to a 70's collection that I'd downloaded and I kept wanting to sing and stop to beebop to the music! LOL!!

I also went downTHE road. The one I'm working up too. I did the whole thing! It added a mile to my walk so I went 2 1/2 miles today! I thought I was going to have to call DH to come get me! This road is way worse than any of the other roads that I'm doing. And those are HARD! I made it home. Quite wobbly but doing well. And very happy! I told DH that I wanted to do that extended walk at least once a week. I'll go when he's home so he can keep DD and I'm not sure if I'll take the dog or not. She's out of shape too! She might slow me down and make me go home too soon! LOL!

Have a great night!

i didn't post on the weekend - Im usually too busy. Saturday was gorgeous so after I went to the plant center to get some greenery, I came home and created and dug out a new garden bed (9 feet long 3 feet wide), then planted things. WHEW!!! That was hard on the upper body. Then spent another few hours spreading lawn seed, pulling weeds, dragging tree branches to the fire pit, doing heavy gardening.....and loved every minute of it!

Yesterday did my usual routine (the cardio was brisk walking 3.8-4.2 mph) and then I walked home from work - another 35 minutes.

Because of a shift change, couldn't get to the Y this morning (it isn't open until 530 am and I needed it to be open at 5 or earlier), so instead I walked to work (the BRISK 35 min in the pouring rain). I'll see how I feel about going to the Y after work.......

My first thought was dehydration. Did you make sure you got enough to drink? More than normal b/c of all that you did? If I don't drink enough, I will ALWAYS gain the next AM, sometimes upwards of a few lbs!

Thanks for the reminder! I hadn't thought of that. I will pay more attention to how much I'm drinking this week.

After the busy, crazy day we had I was thinking that I wasn't going to get my walk in today. I usually go about mid-morning but we were up and out earlier than normal so it didn't happen. This afternoon, before dinner, I told DD she was staying home with papa and I changed clothes and took off. I had my ipod with me and just vegged while I walked! Only problem is that I was listening to a 70's collection that I'd downloaded and I kept wanting to sing and stop to beebop to the music! LOL!!

Beebopping is exercise, too! Just keep walking and add a few dance steps as you go! People think I'm nuts when I start playing air drums while I'm walking!

I also went downTHE road. The one I'm working up too. I did the whole thing! It added a mile to my walk so I went 2 1/2 miles today! I thought I was going to have to call DH to come get me! This road is way worse than any of the other roads that I'm doing. And those are HARD! I made it home. Quite wobbly but doing well. And very happy! I told DH that I wanted to do that extended walk at least once a week. I'll go when he's home so he can keep DD and I'm not sure if I'll take the dog or not. She's out of shape too! She might slow me down and make me go home too soon! LOL!

You're doing great! It's also great that DH will keep DD so you can have alone time! I don't think you can blame the dog for slowing you down. If that's the case borrow mine! She only weighs 4.7lbs...but man oh man, can she run!

QUOTE]

Have a great day!

Taps, sounds like you got a good workout all weekend. I love gardening, but I've run out of places to put in plants. We're holding off on our backyard because we've decided NOT to build a house and just add on to the one we have at some point. If I start putting in plants, DH will decide we don't need the extra room.

I think walking to work in the rain qualifies as a good workout, too. If you don't make the Y this evening, you're off the hook!

Have a great day!

Oh my gosh, June! My roads are such that if I started bebopping, and not paying attention, I'd crash! I can bebop in my head tho!

My dog isn't overweight but she's out of shape! LOL! Sometimes, I'm practically dragging her home! She's improving tho. Just like me!

Okay, problem with yesterday's walk and trying to then walk this AM. I didn't leave enough time between walks to recuperate! I did have DD and the dog with me this AM too.

I ended up only walking about a mile this AM. I left off 2 cul-de-sacs and drug my butt home! My legs were toast! I was so sad! Sooo, if I'm going to walk late the day before and especially the extended walk, then I can't walk the next AM. I have to wait til later in the day or take the day off. :drool:

On a good note, I was able to get out of bed this AM and it didn't hurt! LOL!

I guess I can start out by saying I feel as though I am a failure. I was banded back in January of 08 and as of today I am sad to say I am only 12 pounds down from over a year of the band. I can not exercise anymore. I am going to be losing a toe due to diabetis. I am still over weight and I feel like I can no longer do this. I want to move around and be active but health wise I am unable to do so. Does anyone have any suggestions? or just want to chat? I could use some motivation about now. I love all you fellow banders. I wish all of you the very best.

It's strange (but nice:wink2:) not going to the Y in the mornings...but walking to work in the dark is not great fun! Yesterday it was pouring rain - my sneakers were still wet when I put them on again to go home! Today though it was dry ... so a nice brisk 35 min walk (DH calls it a race walk).

i feel like u i exercise 5 to 6 days a week 1&1/2 to 2 hrs a day. progress ia slow. i tend to have about 3lbs. Water wt gain in the evening.if i weigh myself in the am-197lbs, evening 200.my last fill 03/28/9, total 5.6cc.i now fill like i'm full. haven't tried reg food.will try baked fish and salad today

back in the day.....when I was a "runner" - I hated it at first. I hated exercising - until I started to fully gain the non-physical aspects from it. I ran to clear my head. The physical benefit was just an extra perk. I circuit trained because it was easy and I didn't really have to be awake for it - but by the time I was done, I wasn't hating the morning anymore (I'm a TOTAL night person) - sure i had to force it at first, but I found other aspects of it to enjoy. I also no longer feel guilty for watching a soap opera since I do it WHILE I'm working out haha :ohmy: I can watch all the tv I want and not feel guilty as long as I'm doing something active :thumbup:

Edited by circa

Hi everyone,

I haven't been on my computer for the last couple of days, but I have been exercising. Monday and yesterday I walked at lunch time. I eat about half an hour (at my desk) before I go for my walk. Yesterday I was supposed to do my second group of exercises, but I didn't; I did them today instead. I told myself that at least I walked yesterday.

Penney, I work at a place where there are lots of diabetics. I think there is a class called chair dancing, where they do exercises as well. If you like, I can ask the instructor for ideas.

Stay with us!

Debbie.

Oh my gosh, June! My roads are such that if I started bebopping, and not paying attention, I'd crash! I can bebop in my head tho!

My dog isn't overweight but she's out of shape! LOL! Sometimes, I'm practically dragging her home! She's improving tho. Just like me!

Okay, problem with yesterday's walk and trying to then walk this AM. I didn't leave enough time between walks to recuperate! I did have DD and the dog with me this AM too.

I ended up only walking about a mile this AM. I left off 2 cul-de-sacs and drug my butt home! My legs were toast! I was so sad! Sooo, if I'm going to walk late the day before and especially the extended walk, then I can't walk the next AM. I have to wait til later in the day or take the day off. :thumbup:

On a good note, I was able to get out of bed this AM and it didn't hurt! LOL!

My poor little dog only weighs 4 lbs. Once around the block and she'd blow away!!

Hey, you walked. It doesn't matter if you couldnt' do the whole thing. You did something!

And, I agree. After your extended walk you should take the day off. Your muscles need time to rest and repair. That's where you build strength.

I went 30 minutes on the elliptical yesterday, and then went swimming with DH last night for 30 minutes! He's decided that however many laps I do, he's doing one more! I did 7 last night.

Won't get to the gym tonight. We have friends coming to stay with us overnight.

Have a great day!

Edited by JuneAct2

Penney, go back to the band basics and start over. You still have the band, and you didn't mention any problems with it. Talk to your doctor. Work to find the reason you haven't lost, and try to fix it.

Find a swimming pool. or for that matter a big hot tub will work. In the swimming pool, just swim. In the hot tub you can hold the edge and kick your feet. I know this doesn't sound ideal, but it's a place to start.

I wish you the best of luck.

It's strange (but nice:wink2:) not going to the Y in the mornings...but walking to work in the dark is not great fun! Yesterday it was pouring rain - my sneakers were still wet when I put them on again to go home! Today though it was dry ... so a nice brisk 35 min walk (DH calls it a race walk).

Hey, that's great! You get your exercise in first thing in the morning! Almost makes me wish I still worked downtown. I live in a small town, and the walk to my office was 30 minutes. I did it a couple of times...it rained both times at quitting time so I had to walk home in the rain!

I walked home from work yesterday, but I didn't stop at the Y...I expect them to call me soon asking why I wasn't there! I'm ALWAYS there first thing in the morning, and now, 4 days and not there???

I walked in to work this morning - but it is now pouring rain again, and I didn't bring my brolly...walking home too may not be done.

Tap, if you're sick of the rain, would you mind sending it to the west coast? We badly need the rain! My DH is getting his firefighters back on Monday, so fire season is officially starting!

I hope it clears just enough that you can walk home!

I didn't get to walk yesterday but knew that was going to happen. Got my walk in this AM even tho I knew today was going to be busy and with deadlines. Felt good to get out there! And I made all of my deadlines! Close, but made 'em! WhooHoo!

We'll walk again in the AM then we might be taking off to my mom's up near Sacramento. I'll try to walk over the weekend but it may not happen again til Monday. I think I'll be okay with that! LOL!

Keep up the great work everyone!! 'Night!