Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What kind of plateau is this??????

I have weighed 200 lbs for almost 3 months!!!!

I had a problem w/ the band and was unfilled awhile ago. I can basically eat anything now, and large quantities. I know that's bad, but there should be SOME change in my weight. I guess I should be proud that I haven't gained more. I had like 1 week at 195, then the band problem happened and I gained 5 lbs that week! Since then- no change at all.

I swim 3x a week and run 3x a week. This is really starting to annoy me.

I am not perfect with my eating, but I don't eat like I used to pre-band. I am resentful, because I feel like I have to "diet" to see a change. I don't want to "diet." I want this tool to help me more than it is.

I have another fill on the 30th and I am going to BEG for it to be even tighter. I don't know if I added it to my signature, but I am probably at about 7.2 I think. So, so annoying.

Right before the problem, I was consistently losing 2-3 lbs a week. Once I had this problem, now even at a similar restriction, I feel like it's nothing (but I get stuck once in awhile... so I know the band is there, it's just not often)

AHHHHHHHHH!!!! Very annoyed!!!!

If your ticker is updated, and you're at 200 even, your body is resisting onederland. :crying: FORCE IT TO GO THERE!!! I bet as soon as you cross that threshold, it will start melting away again.

My body (or brain) does the same thing. I can't remember the last time I was under 200 - probably about 5th grade.

Good luck, and keep pushing!

Your success looks great!! What happened with your fourth fill? (if you dont mind me asking) I am loosing slow but fighting othere things like menopause and weight gaining meds from diabetes. I know how hard it is to NOT get discouraged!!

I am sorry you are having such a problem, I hope for you that this next fill does the trick. Good luck hun, and my prayers are with you.

Froggy,

I am going through the same thing right now. I have been stuck for months like this.

I got an unfill, back maybe a year ago because I was under a lot of stress at work, and now with 2 more tiny fills, I may be at a good restriction again. Got a fill last Friday which is working pretty well. I starting to lose again.

I also feel that now I HAVE to diet. Seems not fair, but the doctor explained to me that the band does about 60% of the work and I have to kick in and do the REST! You know..the band being a TOOL part. :crying: Of course we all know this, but when you are trying to reach goal ( I call it the last 1/3 part, because we are 2/3 of the way there) it's really, really difficult.

I told him it's ALL HARD, the before banding stuff, the surgery, the after, but this part is reallllly hard to me!

I am trying right now to exercise more and really, really try to focus on what I'm eating and when. I still have some issues with food I need to overcome.

Hang in there Froggy. You can do it!

Froggy, another thing -

If your ticker is updated, and you're at 200 even, your body is resisting onederland. :crying: FORCE IT TO GO THERE!!! I bet as soon as you cross that threshold, it will start melting away again.

My body (or brain) does the same thing. I can't remember the last time I was under 200 - probably about 5th grade.

Good luck, and keep pushing!

That is great advise!!!

boy oh boy do i know how you feel!!! i too had two unfills my last two fills. my band just cannot tolerate 6.5 period. i went into my last fill with 6. and i had to go to er and they took out 1cc. now im at 5.5!! grrrrr I feel snacky and like i could eat the world! Thankfully i too am not gaining weight. i did at first like three pounds but im back to where i was. Its so frustrating isnt it!!! The doc advised me the smallest amount makes the hugest diff one way or another at this rate because all the fat is gone around my stomach. which is why.5 makes a big diff. anyway i go for a flouro fill friday and i cannot wait! i have 24 pounds to goal and getting there is taking forever it feels like. yes I have lost fast so grateful for that but the last three months have been frustrating for me. I wish u luck with ur fill and hope u get the restriction you need.

Chicamam,

I feel snacky??? lol.. Love it. what a cute expression and so true!

We can do this!!! Lets keep up this post and support each other.

Thanks Froggy for posting this. This is a great post.

:crying:

Making myself a Protein drink now and will keep plugging away!

To the person who asked, we never really figured out the problem!!

She unfilled me completely to see how much was in, and to make sure there was no leak. But then the same amount (or more) did not go back in.

I walked in at 7.75 and left with almost no restriction. I went back in ASAP and they checked and I was filled to around 5!! I was worried about a leak, but they said that it would be completely empty if there was a leak.

So then, I went in a little while later, and they filled me a bit more. Again, I should have been at 6, but was only at like 5.5. So every time I get a fill, a little doesn't get in. They thought it may have been air bubbles???

Anyway, slowly, I am getting tighter, but the problem is that when I was at 5, I was relishing being able to eat again!! When I was at 5 before it was one of my first fills and I was scared to eat anything. Now I am like, wow, bread, cheese, cake, all goes down fine- enjoy!

But I have to stop that!!!