Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Texas Medicaid Will Pay For Lap Band Surgery

Hi I am new here. I live in Texas as well have medicare as well can you please tell me what is required for surgery. I have been approved by my gp and and a letter written seen a psyc dr as well. Thanks for you help.

Mary

Email maryintexas@embarqmail.com

I am from Texas and im here to let everyone know That Texas

Medicaid will pay for lap Band surgery yes you heard me right

the clinic has to be a center of excellence before medicaid will pay for it to be done and there's other things you have to do

If anyone needs more information or the clinic im going to have my done at in Oct i hope fill free to e-mail me Ill help you anyway I can

Michael:thumbup:

I live in the DFW area and have a consult scheduled Friday in Houston at TLC (www.tlcsurgery.com) and they accept Medicaid for those of you in Houston looking for someone that does. Maybe now I should see about cancelling though and checking out the doc listed above that is in Dallas... hmm...

hello my name is Brandi and i live outside Dallas i am on medicaid and i had the gastric bypass in august 2010 it took me six months of seeing the doctor before they would pay but it was so worth it my doctor is in Denton the doctor's name is Dr. Provost (David Provost Bariatric Surgery: Provost David MD Ste 303, 2501 Scripture Street, Denton, TX76201(940) 323-3450) He is a wonderful doctor and lots of experience. But now the trouble i am having is finding a plastic surgeon that takes my medicaid I have traditional

but can't seem to find one and have lots of excise skin. Can someone help with this ‎

hello chere28 im in the process of getting the lap band its a 6 mnth process.

i to have medicaid superior. i go to the nix weightloss center they accept medicad only thing there are some things u have to pay out of pocket tht medicaid wont pay for my dr. is dr. carcamo if u want u can email me at irisnicole210@aol.com and i can give u the number good luck and god bless B)

Hello Michael,

I am in San Antonio and would like for you to help me by giving me some information on Medicaid paying for lap band surgery. I am desperate to get help and have no other insurance but Medicaid.

Thank you :lol:

Cher

hello my name is Brandi and i live outside Dallas i am on medicaid and i had the gastric bypass in august 2010 it took me six months of seeing the doctor before they would pay but it was so worth it my doctor is in Denton the doctor's name is Dr. Provost (David Provost Bariatric Surgery: Provost David MD Ste 303, 2501 Scripture Street, Denton, TX76201(940) 323-3450) He is a wonderful doctor and lots of experience. But now the trouble i am having is finding a plastic surgeon that takes my medicaid I have traditional

but can't seem to find one and have lots of excise skin. Can someone help with this ‎

I love Dr.Provost!!!! He did my lapband Nov, 22 ,2010

the clinic has to be a center of excellence before medicaid will pay for it to be done and there's other things you have to do

If anyone needs more information or the clinic im going to have my done at in Oct i hope fill free to e-mail me Ill help you anyway I can

i am looking for a surgeon in houston that will accept medicaid please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! kshauntae@yahoo.com

Hello

There is a Dr in San Antonio that will except Medicaid for the lapband!! Dr.Keith Wright!! (210)220-1726....I just set up my 1st consultation!! I am super scared yet excited!! I have been over weight my entire life and can never seem to lose it no matter what diet I am on...Wish Me Good luck!! && Gool Luck to all of YOU!!

~erika~

thats great news to hear that medicaid will pay for the surgery. i have a 17 yr old son that we have tried every diet, every thing the dr suggested, and no results. i know for a fact there is a GREAT place in houston that does this lap band surgery, i just cant remember the name.

Thank you so much for the info, its ppl like you helping getting the word out that makes ppl like us feel hope! so thank you again!

Im gonna be checking into this very soon, and ill keep you posted on his process!

Good luck everyone!

Hi everyone! I’m in San Antonio Texas and my Medicaid said they will cover it if my doctor approves. My doctor will not let me but I’ve already tried diets for more than 6 mos, pills and all his plans. Does anyone know a doctor in San Antonio Texas or near that will approve my sleeve. Please help me out rda7117 at hotmail dot com. I have Pcos and now infertile. Someone please help me.

Many bariatric surgeon's are also general surgeon's or gastroenterologists, good place also is a State university or Land Grant college, they tend to be also teaching hospitals and usually more likely to accept Medicaid patients. I believe your searchs are going find you some-- one very good! I had my surgery with Medicare primaty, Medicaid secondary, remarkedly few hoops to jump through. Don't give up, you're all ⭐Texans and you've got grit!😜👍

On 8/29/2009 at 10:44 AM, txkelli said:

Dr . Jayasleen in Dallas takes medicaid .. his website is www.texaslapbandcenter.com I believe .. His phone number is 972-566-2263 ... He is awesome !

Just called updated he no longer accepts texas medicaid

On 1/10/2013 at 9:27 PM, lcradler said:
On 4/19/2009 at 11:27 PM, fatman903 said:

im having trouble find any surgeon that will accept medicaid can you help me find one . i called and all say the dont accept it