Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Challenge for Chat Room

Wynn, Can't people that are on liquids count their Protein grams? Most protein, in solid form, has approximately 6-7 grams of protein per ounce. Couldn't they just make sure that they get 3 meals of at least 21 grams of protein? Just a thought...:)

Day 1 Protein challange

well I only ate 2 of my 3 meals today so I only got in my protein twice today instead of three times, I didnt do too bad tho I got in 48 of my 71 grams of protein for the day, I will work more on eating Breakfast.< /p>

Angelnurse, thank you for your idea. It is a very good one. I did not think of that, I'm ashamed to admit. But yes, those of you on liquids I apologize for omitting you. Please join our challenge by making sure that you get the required amount of Protein each day. Since that varies so much from doctor to doctor, I will not set a minimum amount as we did with the solid food. We will just say, to meet the challenge daily you need to drink the amount of protein that your doctor suggests each day. Angelnurse, if this is not what you meant, or if you can improve upon this in anyway, I'll appreciate further comments. Thanks again.,

Angelnurse, thank you for your idea. It is a very good one. I did not think of that, I'm ashamed to admit. But yes, those of you on liquids I apologize for omitting you. Please join our challenge by making sure that you get the required amount of Protein each day. Since that varies so much from doctor to doctor, I will not set a minimum amount as we did with the solid food. We will just say, to meet the challenge daily you need to drink the amount of protein that your doctor suggests each day. Angelnurse, if this is not what you meant, or if you can improve upon this in anyway, I'll appreciate further comments. Thanks again.,

Wynn, This is exactly what I meant. Some of us, myself included, can be a little tight in the am or "pressed" for time and need to or choose to drink their protein at times, so I count the grams of protein in my Protein Powder and if I use skim milk, I count the grams of protein in that too. Most doctors want you to get "solid" protein, but sometimes you can't get enough in the food you eat and have to "supplement" with a Protein Shake or Protein Bar.< /p>

ahh forgot too record yester day so I will record two days at once

Day 2 Protein challange 3 oz protein per meal altho wiht 2 of them it was IN the rest of the fod

Day 3 Protein challange nto so good today only ate 1 meal I did get the protein in tho will try to do better form now on

Days 1,2 & 3 of Protein Challenge: Got in at least 90 grams of protein all three days. Haven't had time to post everyday because of work and/or training for the 12K. Survived the 12K today and then went to Church, just waiting for them to post the times online as this idiot didn't look at her watch when she crossed the start line. Maybe the next race I'll remember to time myself, LOL. Can't wait to hear what the next challenge will be as this is helping me to stay on my plan. :unsure:

Hi Everybody. Today is the last day of the Protein challenge. How did everyone do? I actually found this one to be slightly more challenging than I expected. What I came to realize, is that I was not being as vigilant about eating my protein first as I thought I was. Once it became a priority in order to comply with the challenge, I realized how often I was eating other food first, even when protein was available.

So far, because of the challenges, I'm more aware of snacking, drinking my Water, making sure I have all of my exercise done and of being sure that I eat my protein first. I'm trying to keep up with all the good habits I'm forming as a result of the challenges. I hope you are too.

Are you ready for the next one? Here it is:

STRENGTH TRAINING: For the next five days, you are challenged to do some form of strength training every day. Strength training are those exercises that, instead of raising the heart rate and sustaining it for a period of time, are designed to build muscle mass. The more muscle tissue one has in ones body, the faster the metabolism. Now, this challenge will definitely be one that you will modify to suit your needs and capabilities. You can lift weights at a gym. You can do sit-ups at home, and lift filled milk jugs instead of weights. Also, an exercise ball can be used for many muscle building exercises. If you do an internet search for Strength Training exercises at home you will find a variety of sites to help you pick some exercises that are to your liking.

Good Luck, and please let me know how you do.

well Im out on this one Doc has only okayed me for walking . I am here for support tho .

GO PEOPLE GO RAH RAH RAH!

Hi everybody, happy mothers day. I hope all mothers had a great day. Is everybody ready for the new challenge? This one is a revisit to a prior challenge. I've had lots of requests to do this one again, only for a longer period of time. Are you ready?

NO SNACKING FOR FIVE DAYS

You can eat as many meals as you need in a day (providing you are not violating your doctors' orders) but each meal has to be a complete meal, eaten at the table or wherever you usually eat your meals (not standing at the sink, or eating in the car). And, each meal must be eaten with silverware.

Good luck everyone, and keep posting your progress.

WYNN!!! Start the challenges back up!! Such a great idea...I just stumbled upon this while i was kicking back drinking my creamy Soup for lunch...mmmmmm.... simple things in life are truly making me happy right now!!

Evie