Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Challenge for Chat Room

roseyyyd1...I love your posts...they make me smile. I made it throught the 2nd challenge drank 9+ glasses of liquids all three days. Needless to say, I went to the bathroom all day, LOL... On to the next challenge!

I just found this thread.

Remember I will be gone all next week getting my other surgery. After that, I will be in the chat room a lot as I will really need support.

I have no problem now getting over 64 oz of Water in these days, but from what I have heard, it's not going to be all that easy after next week.

day 2 of Journal Challange

Daily net calorie goal: 1,000

+ calories burned: 122

- calories consumed: 928

Calories remaining: 194

I keep trying to get them all in.

Hi Everybody, how are you doing with the journalling challenge. I want you to know that Mi_Illusion has given me the idea for the next challenge. It's a surprise, though, I'll put it in here tomorrow. I want everybody just to be concentrating on their journalling for now. Just wanted to give her a little shout out for her good work and great idea.

Today is the 2nd day of journalling and I ate 888 calories today, and that would have been a lot less except I drank Raspberry Iced tea and I thought it was diet tea, turned out not to be, and that was to the tune of 200 calories. Next time I'll be sure.

Yesterday my calories really added up because i was on liquids and those calories can really add up. Now I can really see why they want us to be able to eat that solid Protein with each meal. Boy you can really pack the calories away when you're not filling your pouch with food that will stay there a while.

Well good luck everybody. I'll be back tomorrow to announce our next challenge. And don't forget to journal tomorrow, its the last day of the challenge.

hi

i would also like to join.

journalling has been key to my journey.

lately i have been "fooling" myself into thinking i am not eating alot.

i've gained 14 lbs since the holidays.......

wynnbt....where will you post the new challenge?

josie

Day3 of Journal Challange ...another challange complete

Daily net calorie goal: 1,000

+ calories burned: 122

- calories consumed: 601

Calories remaining: 521

Okay guys, we just completed day 3 of the journalling challenge. How did everyone do? It was a bit of an eye opener for me, cause I have a tendency to be a little lazy about journalling. But I did notice I was a lot more careful about what I ate when I knew that I'd have to write it down. My daughter, who is not banded and who does not need to diet has joined in on the challenges as well, just for the sake of good eating habits and health. She has realized just how much sugar and calories she takes in when she drinks soda. She tells me that she had just 4 oz of rootbeer today because she knew she was going to have to document the calories and she didn't want it to add up to too much. Now that's the power of journalling. Let's all try to keep it up.

Tomorrow starts a new challenge, and as I stated in yesterday's post, the credit for this one goes to Mi_Illusion. This is an exercise challenge and it is for 5 days. Thirty minute minimum doing the exercise of your choice. If you are newly banded, please do not exercise without asking your doctor if it is ok, and please do not start a new exercise regimen without checking with your doc first, also.

Please let us know what you do, and how you do by posting.

Love you all,

Wynn

Day 1 of Exersize Challange

45 minutes walking, felt really tired after.

Okay guys, we just completed day 3 of the journalling challenge. How did everyone do? It was a bit of an eye opener for me, cause I have a tendency to be a little lazy about journalling. But I did notice I was a lot more careful about what I ate when I knew that I'd have to write it down. My daughter, who is not banded and who does not need to diet has joined in on the challenges as well, just for the sake of good eating habits and health. She has realized just how much sugar and calories she takes in when she drinks soda. She tells me that she had just 4 oz of rootbeer today because she knew she was going to have to document the calories and she didn't want it to add up to too much. Now that's the power of journalling. Let's all try to keep it up.

Tomorrow starts a new challenge, and as I stated in yesterday's post, the credit for this one goes to Mi_Illusion. This is an exercise challenge and it is for 5 days. Thirty minute minimum doing the exercise of your choice. If you are newly banded, please do not exercise without asking your doctor if it is ok, and please do not start a new exercise regimen without checking with your doc first, also.

Please let us know what you do, and how you do by posting.

Love you all,

Wynn

Wynn, Did gr8 w the journaling for 3 days and looking forward 2 the exercise challenge, as I'm training for a 12K that I signed-up 4 on next Sunday. Do u want us 2 post daily or @ the end of the challenge? Thanks again 4 all u do!

Day 1 of Exercise Challenge: Just got back from an 8-mile walk/jog. Very happy that I finished in under 2 hours, but decided that I'm too friggin' old for this, LOL. After next Sunday, I think I'll go back to leisurely walks or bike rides. Good Luck 2 everyone on the challenge.

Hello everybody and welcome to the first day of exercise challenge, how did you do? I did one hour on my recumbent bike. I'm pretty tired, i usually only do 40 to 45 but i was pushing myself for the challenge. Hope all of you are too. If you have any concerns, please put it here so we can help you. We have tons of supportive people on this thread. (no pun intended lol) And please remember, do not exercise unless your doctor has released you to, and do not start a new exercise regimen without talking to your doctor first. If you have been walking all along, don't start running until you know its ok. You get the picture.

Good night to everybody and good luck for tomorrow.

Day 2 Exercise Challenge: Just got back from the gym, did 30 min. on the ElliptiKILL and 30 min. on the treadmill. A little sore from yesterday's adventure. Got on the scale this morning & lost 7.6 pounds since last Monday, WHOO HOO! :thumbup:

Hey guys. I did some aerobics and lower body strength for 45 minutes this morning. I did Curves for 30 minutes tonight. Hoping for the same tomorrow.

Day 2 exersize challange

30 minutes 2 mph walking

feel tired again didnt really want to do ti but remmebered I was in a challange and I couldnt NOT do it.

thanks for this thread..

Bonnie