Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Challenge for Chat Room

This is a challenge for all of those who have been in the chat room. And for anyone else wishing to participate. It is a challenge that will help everyone and in particular those of us who have lost a little momentum. If you are a new bandster, then you can modify the challenge to fit in with your present circumstances. And if you cannot find a way to modify it, (if you are on Clear liquids and the challenge is food related, for example) then I urge you to challenge yourself in a different way. If you do this, please share your challenge on this thread so that others who cannot include themselves in the original challenge will have the opportunity to use the alternative.

I will post each challenge here in the morning, and I will also post it in the chat room first thing in the morning. You can read it here, or I'm hoping with word of mouth you can find it in the chat room.

Some challenges will be daily and some will be weekly challenges. I will start slow and easy, with challenges in which we can all succeed. I find that success breeds success so hopefully these will help us with more than our weight loss journey. Success builds self esteem and a sense of accomplishment.

Please post on this thread your thoughts about the challenges, and any ideas you have for the future. If you've found a challenge particularly boring or interesting, helpful or not, please let me know on this thread.

The first challenge starts tomorrow. Sunday:

No snacking for one whole day. Meals only. You may eat as many meals as you need throughout the day, but each one must be a complete meal, eaten at the table (or where ever you normally take your meals) with silverware and dishes.

I look forward to everyone's participation. Please let me know what you think.

I'm in!! No snacking!!! xxoo Terri

Im on fulls but I am here for yalls support I love my friends and if ya need to blow jsut message me.

Okay everybody, first day, first challenge. How's it going for everyone? I had a rough start, I woke up sooo hungry, and when I went into the kitchen my son, Sammy, had left birthday cake from his girlfriend's party on the counter. I almost went on automatic pilot and grabbed a little bite to hold me until I could go get Joseph and get Breakfast. Then I remembered my challenge and since the whole thing was my idea I sorta thought maybe I shouldn't. :thumbup:

Well, I managed to wait. I drove to get Joseph and I came home and made us all a healthy Breakfast.

I hope you're all doing as well in the challenge. Let us know how it goes for you.

I already have some ideas for tomorrow's challenge. I'm so excited about this. My daughter is accepting the challenge today, also and she isn't even banded, or on a diet. Isn't that terrific. Yay for Kelly!

Keep up the good work.

Oh, and thanks tm, and thanks bonnie for your posts. Bonnie, so sweet of you to support us when you can't do the challenge yet. What a lady!

;)

Okay everybody, first day, first challenge. How's it going for everyone? I had a rough start, I woke up sooo hungry, and when I went into the kitchen my son, Sammy, had left birthday cake from his girlfriend's party on the counter. I almost went on automatic pilot and grabbed a little bite to hold me until I could go get Joseph and get breakfast. Then I remembered my challenge and since the whole thing was my idea I sorta thought maybe I shouldn't. :thumbup:

Well, I managed to wait. I drove to get Joseph and I came home and made us all a healthy breakfast.

I hope you're all doing as well in the challenge. Let us know how it goes for you.

I already have some ideas for tomorrow's challenge. I'm so excited about this. My daughter is accepting the challenge today, also and she isn't even banded, or on a diet. Isn't that terrific. Yay for Kelly!

Keep up the good work.

Oh, and thanks tm, and thanks bonnie for your posts. Bonnie, so sweet of you to support us when you can't do the challenge yet. What a lady!

:blink:

Wynn, I'm in for the challenges, I need something to kick-start me back onto the "band-wagon". I'll try to post when I can. Thanks so much for doing this, I hope it helps everyone.

Hi all, how did you do for the first challenge? Did you make it through the day with no snacking. Well I did, and sometimes it was a little bit difficult. I'm hoping that now we know we can go without snacking that this will help motivate us to continue with our new improved eating habits.

And, hopefully each challenge will work that way. If we see an improvement in the way we feel after a successful challenge, lets try to continue in that vein. And if you begin to lose momentum again, please let me know and we can do another challenge. Sound good?

Ok here's the next challenge. This will be a three day challenge and it will consist of drinking all of your Water everday for the next three days.

If your doctor has not directed you to drink more or less, then all of your Water will include 8 8 ounce glasses.

Water will be described as whatever your doctor lets you call water. Mine allows me to drink Vitamin water if i dilute it half and half with clear water. He doesn't let me count crystal Lite or Ice tea, but yours may, and if he does, then by all means so will we.

So good luck to all of you. I'll be back in the chat room in the morning to remind us of the new challenge.

Love to all of you.

:blink:

Hey everyone! just got back into town and seen the challenge Wynn has going. Sounds good to me, I did good today, no snacking. Hope everyone has a good day tomarrow!:blink:

Challenges are great. I'm in after i more week of liquids.

Good luck to all of you!!!!!!!!

Greg

Wynn You did great leaving the cake alone. That is good way to start.

Wow, CT.. way to go on the weight loss!:blink:

Im on fulls but I am here for yalls support I love my friends and if ya need to blow jsut message me.

Hey gurly, congrats on your 18lbs lost FOREVER! Keep up the good work!:blink:

Okay, I'm in, my dr allows crystal lite and propel, so i dont have to drink just plain Water.< /p>

I only drank 20 oz today but wanted to post on your thread cuz...well, you are making me. :crying: I will do better tomorrow!!!! Thanks!

I managed somehow ot get in count them a whopping 70 oz today of water.. thanks for this thread and love to my friends XOXOOXXOX