Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was just wondering, how many weight goals do each of you have. I have often heard (since I was a child) "slow and steady wins the race".

When I first met with my surgeon, one of the first things he ask me was what weight did I want to be. Without a second to think I blurted out, between 125-130. He smiled and told me with the lapband it is possible to loose that much weight and get to my goal. But instead of going first off to 125-130 pounds, how bout we try to 150 pounds to start with.

So, while I still want to get down to atleast 130 pounds, my first goal is to get to 200 pounds even. Why did I pick 200 pounds and why even? Simply because I want to be 200 pounds before I set another goal for myself. I figured that if I do start small and go for the gold, I will make it easier than saying well, let's skip everything else and not let up until I reach 130.

Today, as I sit here and type this for everyone to read, I look back at these past 8 months. I for starters can't believe that it has been 8 months already. Yes it has been a long and rough road to where I am now, but nothing worth having is easy to get is what I have always been told.

I sit here with happy tears in my eyes and now that not only has this journey so far been hard, it has been well worth it. The day I checked into the hospital for surgery, I weighed 267 pounds. I hated looking in the mirror. I hated going shopping for cloths. I hated the thought of even getting naked infront of my husband.

I am not 203 pounds and only 3 pounds away from my first weight goal. I am thrilled, excited, and amused. I no longer dread to look into a full length mirror. I no longer hate shopping for pants, and I have finally (after 3 years of being together and 1 year of being married) will let my wonderful husband see me without anything on AND IT FEELS WONDERFUL LET ME TELL YOU!!!!

This band is an amazing tool and I couldn't be where I am today if not for it. Would I reccomend the lapband to someone else. HELL YEAH I WOULD, WITHOUT A SECOND THOUGHT!!!

While I am only 3 pounds away from my first goal, I still have 2 others to meet. After I get down to 200 pounds, my next goal is to make it to 150 pounds, then after that goal has been met, I want to get to 130 pounds. With the lapband, I have no doubt that I will make it to where I want to be. My lapband is my best friend.

weight.png

Edited by SLIMCITYHEREICOME

i,ve broken my weight loss into gols as weel. i started off at 226. my 1st goal was to get below 200 hundred.. my next goal is to hit 175 by my birthday on july 3rd. that 1 might be a bit harder. but i've only had 1 fill and have very little restriction. i havent really started exercisinh the right way yet. so im hoping that once i add in more exercise and get a few more fills ill be able to kick it back into gear to meet my birthday goal. ultimately id like to be around 140 but ill just take that one when it comes. i know ill get there eventually

Right now I have 2 my first is the most recent weight that I felt comfortable and felt good about myself the second is 30 lbs below that which is 190 that is 9 pounds below what my max weight was suppose to be when I was in the USAF which I always struggeld with then I will evaluate from there the lowest I've been in my adult life was 184 and that was during basic traininng in 1981.

Hey,

I have many milestones in mind:

1. Break 300 (I have not been under 300 since 1992)

2. Break 271 (The highest weight I weighed when I fought competitively)

3. Break 225 (Average NFL running back wight at 5'10")

4. Break 197 (My high school wrestling weight, and the goal in my weight ticker)

5. Hit 174 (Bonus goal...Frank Zane's weight when he won the 1977 Mr. Olympia)

Each of these goals are driven by a number of historical, emotional and personal goals.

I only really had the one weight goal. I made the right noises about having mini goals along the way but that's not how my mind works. I wanted to be 70 kg and no amount of saying lets just get under 100 first does any good for me, 70 is what I wanted and what I focussed on and I didnt consider getting under 100 as reaching any sort of milestone. Its just how I am.

I make it hard for myself becuase there's many things in life I didnt achieve because it was such a huge challenge to do it kind of thing - breaking it down into small parts helps some - but I just cant think that way.

My first goal was to get under 300, but I achieved that 1 week after surgery - I had no idea I would lose 25 lbs in 1 week.

My goals are really more activity based... I can't wait to get down in weight enough so that I can start jogging again without destroying my knees.

Then I would like to be able to get back into my marshal arts.

I am not sure where those weight goals would be but I will know when I get there.

-BSG

Onmywaytoslimville,

Thanks for sharing a part of your story in this thread. Like you, I have set small goals to accomplish on this weight loss journey. I started out at 213 lbs, so my first goal was to enter onderland again...so I celebrated 199 lbs. I am currently 188 lbs., and my next goal is 180 lbs. and I plan to set goals in chunks of ten pounds until I reach my ultimate goal of 150 lbs. The smallest I have been in the last 10 or so years is 158 lbs., so I definitely look forward to losing some virgin fat.

Good luck everyone and KUTGW...because we're worth it!

My first goal was to get under 300, but I achieved that 1 week after surgery - I had no idea I would lose 25 lbs in 1 week.

My goals are really more activity based... I can't wait to get down in weight enough so that I can start jogging again without destroying my knees.

Then I would like to be able to get back into my marshal arts.

I am not sure where those weight goals would be but I will know when I get there.

-BSG

Actually, that's a point. I did have lots of activity focussed goals - once I ran a 4k, I trained for a 7.5k and then I did a couple of 10k's and then I did a 14.2K and then a half marathon. In fact, losing weight was almost secondary to my running through this whole process.

It's a long road this weight loss trip... I set my self lots of goals and rewards also.

1st - 299 - 300's gone forever - go a new CD

2nd - 50lbs - Got an IPod - looking forward to walking!

3rd - 75

4th - 100

5th - 125

6th - 150

7th - 175

8th - 200

Of course each 10lbs is a huge - and I plan to Celebrate them as well!

My first main goal was Onederland, but I consider every 5 and 10 lb mark to be a milestone in my process and something worth celebrating! Right now, I'm just 3.2 away from my next mini-goal. . 40 lbs down!

My following mini-goal will be 188 (officially in the only "overweight" category).

In terms of bigger, Onederland-type goals, I'm very excited about hitting 180 and 175 again (for the first time in years). 160 is my first goal weight -- with anything under that being amazing (145 is my final goal, though I'll be thrilled with anything under 160).

As this might suggest, I like to celebrate! For me, it feels so good to have lots of baby-step goals and hitting them just reinforces how positive I feel about how I am doing with the band. :rolleyes:

Catherine

I don't believe in setting weight loss goals and my doctor never asked me to set weight loss goals. However, I do believe in setting goals, so I selected the following:

1. Walk without pain in my knees and ankles

2. Be able to jog and walk without gasping for air

3. Be able to walk the stairs at my work without gasping for air

4. Be able to stand for long periods of time without ankle and knee pains.

As far as what weight I want to be, I never thought about it. I just want to be active and healthy.