Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded on Tuesday :)

You guys, I'm so excited! Although very small I had a breakthrough and lost 2kg or 4 1/2 pounds:smile:

I can't tell you how motivating that made me feel.

I started to get a little down because I knew I wasn't eating alot and nothing was changing.

Today was my day to start exercising, but having this good news gets my motor running for a good workout!

I want to believe that those 4 1/2 pounds are forever gone with determination.

hope you all are doing well!

I was banded on the 22nd of April and am feeling some gas pains and some pulling or burning near the incisions. Other than that, I'm pretty good. I started on a semi-full liquid today - having 2 shakes, some Water, some clear broth and I might have one more Protein Shake. I did have to run to the bathroom when i first drank the shake, but my stomach felt a little more settled and I think it helped with some nausea I had been feeling. I'm amazed that people go right back to work or can walk an hour in wall mart (i couldn't do that before the surgery...lol). but i've stayed mostly in my room and have walked around in it to get most of my needs. I alternate between a chair and my bed, trying to find a really comfortable spot - but not exactly finding it. I can not WAIT to be able to sleep on my side fully and my stomach - I have been trying to stay on my back mostly cuz it does hurt the insision area if i go on my side. I have to set up my ticker, but I did start this journey before going to the surgeon for the first time at 390. Was 367 - 377 during the sixth month wait. And now, after the two weeks of full liquid and the 3 days since the surgery weighed in at 348 this morning!! yay! I keep reminding myself how good it will all feel as my journey continues ... I think we are all very brave!!

Hi everyone hadd my staples out yesterday ouch today went grocery shopping in AM and rested in PM here in ITALY no one tells me anything when can we exercise

Ladies,

I need some help. Not sure if it's my mental or my tummy. But I'm still getting hungry. I think that I should definitely have my fill soon. I feel like I'm eating too much, the restriction is just not there. Anyone feel this way?

how much is too much? We dont have any restriction and if you are feeling hungry then your swelling is subsided. Are you drinking plenty between meals? I've gotten some hunger pains here and there and found that some meals are more filling than others like heavier creamed Soups or mash potatoes.

Hi everyone hadd my staples out yesterday ouch today went grocery shopping in AM and rested in PM here in ITALY no one tells me anything when can we exercise

I was just told to walk, walk, walk. I think once we start feeling fully recovered from the surgery we can begin exercising more than that. But it's always say to ask your surgeon.

LadyJP - is your incision infected? That would also cause a burning sensation and more pain than just from the surgery.

how much is too much? We dont have any restriction and if you are feeling hungry then your swelling is subsided. Are you drinking plenty between meals? I've gotten some hunger pains here and there and found that some meals are more filling than others like heavier creamed Soups or mash potatoes.

Well actually when i stop and think about it, i'm not eating much at all. I think it's definitely what you eat. I had mashed peas and that didn't last long at all, but if I eat ground meat or something heavier it lasts longer. I gues in my mind I think I should only be able to eat like a mouse.

My burning sensation comes and goes when I move in one of my incisions, but its fine and not at all severe. I think it just happens when there is too much pull against the inciscions.

My doctor has a very structure plan of eating post-op that involves 2 days clear liquid, 2 weeks full liquid with 4 shakes a day, lots of Water and one meal of lite yogurt or ffsf pudding and another with Soup - pureed and strained... after that comes 2 weeks soft foods - very small amounts at a time... and then comes the introduction of regular food - also taking it slow. He also says no red meat for 6 months.

I haven't lost much since i'm home, but I know i need to move more and drink more...every day i am increasing.

Glad you figured it out Lady28. When I tried mashed peas - that didnt go over well - that was the only time so far when I felt sick. Havent tried ground beef yet though - for some reason I thought we couldnt digest it yet. But I have friends who did the bipass and I think it was them who can't.

Keep up the good work everyone!! Glad we are all in this together!! :thumbup:

I was just told to walk, walk, walk. I think once we start feeling fully recovered from the surgery we can begin exercising more than that. But it's always say to ask your surgeon.

I saw my surgeon this past Friday (two week check up) and he basically said nothing more than walking or swimming until after the six weeks.