Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded on Tuesday :)

My doctor told me I could go to food as soon as I needed to. I did cut it up really small and had one little piece at a time and chewed well. It took me the same time to eat the few pieces as it took everyone else to eat their dinner. Both the chicken and shrimp were very moist. I had no problem with either. I will have scrambled eggs for Breakfast this morning. It makes me feel like I have real food. I want to try as much as I can before I go back to work. I'm home for 2 weeks.

Good for you, I love the chicken from chinese because it is very tender. I'm at work now and it's difficult to plan what your going to take when you don't have a lot of choices. I'm on my way to mushies really soon and all I can think about if fish or corned beef:tt2:

Oh I have the gas on my left side under my ribs too. Really bad this morning again. That is the side where the port is so it hurts, hurts, hurts.

I thought once the gas was gone it was over but it seems like it comes and goes. Makes me think I was never really gone.

I am glad I am not at work yet. I really still need a few days

I am still on liguids for another 10 days, than pureed for three weeks and than soft foods for..............about 6 weeks than finally regular food. My docter is strict I guess.

Well the good thing is I have lost almost 10 pounds in a week................but still in pain. Trauma of surgery and liquid diet I guess.........

The incision pain is more like a burning sensation to me. I'm going to try a heating pad today and see if that helps. The ice pack was helping but no longer does. ahh!

Wimp? I don't think so, I agree with lady - our bodys went through some trama and need to rest. I've been walking 2-3 times a day building up from 10 minutes at a time to 25. But yesterday I went to Walmart for an hour - that was too much!!! I guess a big part of this process is learning to listen to our bodies.

pocononmom - I have read and been told by the nurses that gas-x only takes the edge off and the only true thing that works is walking. :rolleyes: I hope you find better relief soon!!!

Hi everyone,

My shoulder pain is finally gone. I am supposed to go to work tomorrow; but, my body just doesn't feel up to it. I think I am going to take another week off....at least until after my doctor's appointment next monday.

My doctor's (Michael Trahan) nurse called me this morning and told me I could start pureed/soupy foods today. She asked if I was getting in all of my liquids and I told her I was still having a hard time of it.

Otherwise, I am doing pretty good. It is so weird to eat half a cup of food.....reach for more....then feel that sharp pain telling me I am full before I have the first bite of my second serving.

Unofficially, my home scale says I have lost 10 # in 6 days.....wow.

Yay Vicky!!! Woo Hoo!! Definetly listen to your body, if you need more time off and can afford to take it off - then go for it.

I did so fine with week one but for some reason I am making myself nervous about week two. I guess because the guide lines say it will be time to have three meals now - 2 tablespoons at each meal. yikes. Thankfully I havent been hungry but I figure that's due to the swelling. But who knows what this following week wil bring! :crying:

It also said to stop drinking the supplements and move on to other things..lol but I still have 4 supplements (protein shakes left) so I think I will stretch out my liquid phase till I'm done with those. I know for sure that's ok with the nutritionist - they said we could stay on it for anywhere from one to two weeks.

I feel a tad bit better today as well. Still hurts like crazy when I cough or sneeze. I figured out yesterday why I was having those crazy pains... I was hungry! I guess the swelling is going down, and since I have no restriction yet my body is asking for food. Its hard to get it down though. I can't seem to drink much. I start to hiccup when I do. I'm slowly introducing "normal" food back into my life. A square inch of pizza yesterday chewed very well felt really good after I got over the fear of what it would feel like. I'm noticing everyone seems to be all over the map as to what they are allowed to eat, and when. Strange.

I I'm noticing everyone seems to be all over the map as to what they are allowed to eat, and when. Strange.

It is, isn't it!! I wonder why? I guess it's per doctor's experiences???

Ladies,

I need some help. Not sure if it's my mental or my tummy. But I'm still getting hungry. I think that I should definitely have my fill soon. I feel like I'm eating too much, the restriction is just not there. Anyone feel this way?

I got hungry this morning. My stomach made a large loud hungry noise. In a way it was a relief because I have been wondering what was going on in there.

We are not restricted yet. A few days after surgery and when the swelling goes down some of us can start to eat the mushes much faster (ask you own specific doc or dietitian, this is what mine told me.) I got brave because it all seemed fine. I had a normal size portion of Pasta today and it seems fine! So to answer your question, after your surgery and the swelling goes down and before your first fill you will start to feel like you did before you got banded. Able to eat and hungry as ever. This has been my experience gained after a whole 10 days post opp.

Hi everyone Im slowly regaing my strength Im not feeling hungry I make a veggie Soup in AM so its there all day I blend it thats lunck and dinner today I added grated cheese ummmm. 7 days and 7 lbs. yehh

Hi Everyone, I was just banded on Wednesday. Still sore when getting up or sitting down. Trying to walk all that I can, and trying to get in all of my fluids. I made a mistake and drank some ensure that had 23g of sugar in it and now I have horrible diarrhea. I was supposed to start the FULL liquid diet today but after this, I am back to Clear Liquids and scared to try anything else. Anyone else have this problem?

Had my first post op on Thursday (the 23rd). Down 8.5 at doc - another pound today - Yay! Pain in left shoulder is finally gone. I read on another thread that the left shoulder pain is a nerve by your esphogus and diaphragm. Since I had the hiatal hernia repaired, this makes sense. I have also . noticed that if I eat too fast or too much, the pain comes back. So I've slowed down on the eating and no pain! Benefits dept from work called today and told me my doctor extended my return to work till 5/13. So I guess I get more rest. Glad I get it. I don't know how some people go back after 1 week - I am still so really tired. I guess with a hubby, 2 kids and 2 dogs and a cat there isn't much time to rest. I had a cleaning lady come in to clean - it hurt to bend over - happy now that house is clean. I guess I'll just relax for a couple more weeks. Hopefully the weather will cooperate and I can get some walks in.

I am almost two weeks out...........feeling better all the time. I can now sleep in my own bed as of the last two nights and haven't been up in pain every couple hours. So hopefully now I can catch up on sleep and won't be so tired.

Still hurts getting up and down but only at the port site and it gets a little easier everyday.

I have been able to get out and walking around alot the last couple of days.

The gas pain is gone but seems to come back for an hour or so after I eat. Not sure why might just be life with the band.................

Been able to eat more than the 1/4 cup though. I am more like 1/2 cup because I get hungry!!