Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded on Tuesday :)

Hi everyone,

I received my LARGE size Lapband on the 14th. My stomach aches probably 80% of the time. I am still on Clear liquids trying to get up to 64 ounces a day before I can move to full liquids. I am having gas pains. I didn't need any pain medication when I was in the hospital; but, since I have been home the last two days I have used it a couple of times.

As soon as I drink something, my stomach feels funny and I stop. Yesterday was the first day I even got close to 50 ounces of clear liquids......and then wet bowels came with it:(

Overall, I am HAPPY I had it done. I do not feel hungry. I am hoping to get in 64 ounces today so I can start Protein Drinks and cream Soups, etc.

I think my problem is I am taking too big a swallow.

vic

Hi Vicky,

I got banded on Tuesday too. Congratulations to you on taking this huge step!

I am having a hard time getting in all the Protein my doc wants me to get. I have developed a strong dislike for most of the drinks and I can hardly drink them. I just need to force myself to do it.

As for the Water, I have been able to get it in without too many problems. I still feel like a bloated whale and still having issues with gas which is very annoying.

I am returning to work on Monday and I'm very nervous about it. I am afraid I won't have the strength to keep up.

How long are you going to be on liquids?

Brandi

I too was banded on Tuesday - and I still feel very, very bloated. I still have gas pains, in my left shoulder - it kills. It seems after I eat or drink anything, the pain comes back. The pain in my shoulder is worse than the soreness in my abdomen. I feel like I want to try some real food - I'm going to try scrambled eggs tonight. The kids have their cousin and friend over and I'm getting them pizza delivered. I wouldn't mind having some but I won't. I'm noy physically hungry but the brain is giving me trouble with wanting to try things. I still weigh the same as I did the morning of surgery even with only having liquids and some sugar free pudding. I know that is due to being on IV's for over 40 hours and being swollen, but it is frustrating. I guess I want to see the scale move somewhat. Today after taking a shower I put makeup and jewelery on, that made me feel alittle more human. I know months from now I'll be very happy I did this but right now it's harder than I thought it would be. :tt1:

Best wishes on all our recoveries and welcome to the world of lb!

I also got banded on Tuesday the 14th. I was sent to two different nutritionists. One for the doctor and one for insurance. The guidelines on what to eat when are different. One says clear to full liquids for a week to two weeks - another says for the first 3-4 days then we can start puree foods. Personally, I dont think I'm quite ready for puree foods so I am holding off and staying on Clear Liquids and blended cream Soups for now. I just started the Soup last night and one today. So far so good, but I'm not anxious to rush anything.

my Water is tasting different to me though - but it could be the tap source and not me. lol... I need to get bottle Water and give that a try.

Again, congrats and best wishes!!

very happy I did this but right now it's harder than I thought it would be. :tt1:

I tell myself that in a month's time i can try regular food and all will be well. It's not like we can never had regular food...this is my montra...lol I also remember that our tummys have to be feed like a baby...first liquids...then purree...then soft...then regular... it seems to help me out mentally thinking of it that way.

Hi ladies,

I too was banded on Tuesday Apr 14. However I'm in Kuwait so I was probably coming out of the recovery room when you guys were waking up:smile:.(7 hrs ahead)

It's weird, i've been doing pretty good. No vomitting, I don't mean to sound crazy but I almost want to vomit to reiterate to myself that yes the lapband is attached.

I do feel tightness in my stomach and my chest occasionally. And the gas is ridiculous. I went for my post op yesterday, and i've gone from clear liquids to full liquids including milk(SKIM). One great product I found was the Carnation Breakfast drink with 2X Protein, I mix it with 1 cup of skim milk and it was satisyfying. The SlimFast had too much fat so it was out of the question. 5 more days of liquids then puree atlest until I see my doctor again on May 16.

I haven't lost any and haven't gained any....

So how are you guys doing?...I love the fact that we can chat and support each other:thumbup:

Hey Lady, good to hear from you. I haven't weighted myself yet...no scale here at the house. I imagine if I get to one before the docs I will take a peek! lol

I found that carnation drink too - thankfully i got the varitey pack because the one I tried wasnt that tastey. lol.. I did get slim fast because one of the nutritionist recommended it, then i learned another said to stay away. ugh. oh well, what's done is done. I didnt buy more than a pack so I think I will be ok. I can't imagine I'm doing damage since I'm still just on liquids.

Good luck to you Lady!! I agree, I love the support!

Hi Guys,

I was banded on Tuesday as well. Currently I have the hiccups and they hurt! I've moved on to mushy things like yogurt and cottage cheese. I'm having trouble telling the difference between hungry and full. Am I too full and that's why I am feeling sick or am I hungry and that's why I am sick? Aaak so confusing! I'm still feeling a decent amount of pain but trying not to use the pain killers anymore. I had a hiatus hernia repaired as well and I can't tell which incision is for that and which is for the port! I look at my tummy with it's 5 incisions and the staples and feel a bit like frankenstein. Ahh good times!

Hi Paxie and Moonbeam...

I am in pain today also, last night I came home from work Hungry and I had a little bit of egg drop Soup. By the time i got to bed I felt this tight pulling sensation right around my port area.

I'm not in a good mood this morning:frown:

(hugs) and good cheer to you lady. we all go through not so good moods. hang in there. pain can do that to the best of us!!! It will soon pass. If it does, don't fear calling your doctors office to ensure it's normal or if you need to go in.

moonbean - hiccups, aren't they the worst?!!! omg I thoguht I was going to die.

I have three incisions - two tiny with one being in my belly button but I have a 2 inch one in almost the middle of my abdomin and man it hurts like the dickins!!!

I was banded on Monday and have the tight pulling sensation at the port too..........when I stand up it feels like it is getting streched and it hurts..............does this mean it is healing up ..........sometimes it feels like something is being streched so hard it will fall out.

I am on full liquids. So that includes yogurt w/no fruit, Soups, cream Soups, Jello, pudding, popsicles...........that is about it. Made potatoe Soup and pureed it been eating yogurt for Breakfast and lunch and Soup for dinner. I get gas with everything I eat or the burps..........weird, weird feelings in my stomach all week.

I am still in pain. Not on pain meds but hard to sleep at night and move around during the day. I drove today but I plan to hold off on that tomorrow...........it hurt quite a bit. Also went grocery shopping and it exhausted me I had to cancel the other errands I was just to tired..........

So nice to hear other people are having some of the same issues. I thought I was just a being a wimp!!

SWRKTP your no wimp! surgry is rough on the body regardless. I'm at work right now and ready to pass out...and i still have 6 more hours to go:ohmy:

I'm going to make it!

Good Morning Tuesday Bandsters - feeling better today. last night my family got chinese food for dinner. I sat with them and had 2 shrimp and 2 tiny pieces of chicken (from chicken and broccoli) I also had 1/4 of the broth from wonton Soup. I was full! My nephew kept asking me - you're full from that little bit? (He's a growing 15 year old with a bottomless pit for food - ahh to be able to eat like an adolescent :thumbup: ) But surprising to me I was full. But I keep getting bad gas pains in my shoulder after I eat. Has anyone else had this problem? I went to the storm yesterday to get some light weight sweat pants since I'm still too sore to wear regular pants and my shoulder would start killing me. I swear, the shoulder pain (gas?) is much worse than the surgery. I take Gas X constantly and move around a lot but I still have this awful pain in my shoulder that comes and goes. If someone has found a way to get rid of the shoulder pain (gas) please let me know. :blink:

Hi poconomom!

I'm sorry about your gas pain in your shoulder, I have terrible gas today also all trapped under my left side under the ribs. Iykes! it's killing me.

Also, you were able to go to solid foods this soon? noticed you had shrimp and chicken.