Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Singles: What size for dating?

What size were you before you felt comfortable to start dating  

6 members have voted

1. 1. What size were you before you felt comfortable to start dating

• Size 18
    • Size 16
    • Size 14
    • Sziq 12

I am not banded... I am currently a size 24 and dont date, Only dated a handful of times since high school... almost 9 years ago... I hope to follow in your guys footsteps... I am just scared i will never be sexy in my own skin :thumbup:

I'm 26/28 getting banded Dec 15th.

I have always actively dated and consider myself very sexy.

I've found the men I date are attracted to my confidence in myself and my body.

I was a size 18/20 when I met my husnad on a blind date through matchmaker.com

I dated a bit before weight loss, but there was a lot of anxiety involved on my side.

At about size 18, I put myself out there (eharmony). I'm a size 14 now and feel comfortable dating. I've had some nice dates, but there's no one special yet.

I have noticed that I get a lot more attention from men than I used to. It's gratifying, but it also lowers my opinion of men a bit. I'm still the same person, just a bit smaller.

Any of the other single girls out there feeling conflicted about getting more attention from men?

This is a great question - I plan on really putting myself out there when I'm a US size 10. That was a size where I was very confident. I long for those days again!

weight.png

I'm 26/28 getting banded Dec 15th.

I have always actively dated and consider myself very sexy.

I've found the men I date are attracted to my confidence in myself and my body.

I am so happy to see you post this.

I always dated. If anything, the extra weight just kept the insincere and egomaniacs away. It is much harder to ascertain who is sincere when you are thinner, for me anyways.

right now i am a 18/20 (my highest). I have very little confidence so i dont really like going out and dating.

Im 20, so I am hoping when I start losing more weight I will be more comfortable going out. I am thinking size 12 would be great.

right now i am a 18/20 (my highest). I have very little confidence so i dont really like going out and dating.

anna, i totally relate to the little confidence thing. I think that's key when you're trying to date, and unfortunately I've never felt all that comfortable in my skin. i'm hoping that as the weight comes off, i'll feel better about my body and be more willing to put myself out there.

i don't know about the rest of you, but i think when you're fat, you get so used to being rejected for how you look, it's easier to believe that than to take a leap of faith and dive into the dating pool. i wonder how this feeling will change as i get more confident.

but i think when you're fat, you get so used to being rejected for how you look, it's easier to believe that than to take a leap of faith and dive into the dating pool. i wonder how this feeling will change as i get more confident.

thanks! i totally agree. i hope i will get more confident as i lose the weight. good luck!

I'm happily married, but I have noticed (when I lost weight previously) that at 220 and under I suddenly came back on men's "radar". I am 5' 8.5'', so that would put me at about a size 16. I'm looking forward to getting down to that size again to see if my observation holds.

Hmmm I am 5"8 1/2 as well and now in a size 16 I have not noticed a thing ??? Maybe because I am super in love with my husband I dont see it? Wishfull thinking maybe.

God i used to hate that....just cuz i'm fat doesn't mean I don't care if u are 25 yrs older than me and have false teeth!!! I am size 10 now but still have problems meeting men!!! I had more hits being big! maybe I intimidate men now!! go figure!:thumbup:

I was in a U.S. size 24 or 26 jeans when I did online dating (5'10" at 270 pounds). I was honest about my weight, and there were always men interested. I knew I would have no problem meeting guys, and I was right. I would be more intimidated now that I'm over 300 pounds. The line from obese to morbidly obese is noticeable.

As a side note, I enjoyed dating overweight men. They knew what I was going through, and they had no problem with my weight. My husband is overweight now, but he's losing weight along with me.

Single girls,

At what size do you feel most comfortable dating? I understand that many of you don't relate size and dating, but for those of you who do, at what dress size do you feel most comfortable going on a date? I'd do a poll, but I don't know how. If somebody does, please feel free to go ahead.

Thanks!

Size should not matter- sorry just my opinion

I'm with Jazma. Not single (yet) but will tell you that no matter what size you are - 26 or 6 (I've been at the 26 and I am now around a 6) you need to be comfortable with yourself no matter what.