Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Singles: What size for dating?

What size were you before you felt comfortable to start dating  

6 members have voted

1. 1. What size were you before you felt comfortable to start dating

• Size 18
    • Size 16
    • Size 14
    • Sziq 12

Single girls,

At what size do you feel most comfortable dating? I understand that many of you don't relate size and dating, but for those of you who do, at what dress size do you feel most comfortable going on a date? I'd do a poll, but I don't know how. If somebody does, please feel free to go ahead.

Thanks!

I started the poll. I think I took my profile off the hidden feature on Match.com when I was a size 16. I was most comfortable though when I was a size 12. I was willing to

at least start putting myself out there, at a 16 .

I'm assuming you mean US sizes, so your 14 is our 18 and that's when I felt comfortable putting myself out there... and, just for the record - single no longer!! ;)

(currently between an Aus 16 & 14, so US 12 to 10).

I'm married, so I don't date around (just my husband, which is great now by the way) but I wasn't TRULY comfortable having sex with him until I got to a size 16. I couldn't feel "sexy" until then. I'm in a 14 now which is a little to big, so we're still making progress, but the effect the size had on my "psyche" was incredible. We now have "dates" all the time, and I'm LOVING IT!!

Not single, so no comment there, but Fanny, you look FANTASTIC in your avatar. What a change from your old pic!

Thanks Jachut - the new haircut was a winner apparently :crying: I like that pic but I was mucking about, trying for a "sexy" look and it came out looking like I'd sucked in my cheeks to the max. At that tiny size, I think it makes my face look gaunt but, believe me, it isn't!!

Well it didn't matter what size I was when I was dating, cause I was dating and out there when being a size 26.

Now that the weight is coming down, going out and wearing TIGHTER clothes, that actually accentuate my new found shape I have found that I am getting alot more attention now that I am in a size 16. I started getting noticed more for my figure when I hit a size 18.

I think by the time I hit 18 I was ready to date. Unfortunately, I am still a 16/18. Fortunately, I am madly in love...

Now if only the weight would come off!!

I started dating again in a size 12.

hi

i joined match.com before being banded but hid my profile. i "unhid" it when i was size 16 because my niece took a headshot of me where i didnt look fat. i wanted to practice.

i talked to guys but delayed meeting any till i was size 14. the first guy i met was a mucky muck surgeon down here that made me feel like s*&t about my size. so i went back into my shell until i was size 10/12.

i'm now engaged and getting married to a wonderful guy (he's eye candy) but he doesnt care about my size....

i'd like to say size doesnt matter but it did to me....so i'm definitely grateful for my band. i wouldnt have been able to do it without it.

josie

i'm a size 16 now...size 13 dress. and i am far, far more confident. the confidence is picked up and i am approached more and more. :)

Congrats all to your great losses! I hope to follow in your footsteps.

I was just banded. I've never let my size stop me from dating. I believe confidence and a great personality makes you sexy (and knowing how to wear a corset to work my curves to their best advantage doesn't hurt). Even at my biggest as a size 28, I still dated regularly.

I think where you meet people is key too. I don't do bars or dance clubs (can't stand the frat boy mentality). I am in publishing and meet a lot of people at conferences and fairs and I am also finishing up my masters, so I meet people at school as well as clubs for my hobbies and interests.

Well I'm not banded yet and I still date. Lately I've been getting burned a lot so I'm taking myself off the market. It really bothers my self-esteem and I figured I need all my confidence directed towards my surgery. I guess in my head I'll come back to it in the spring. I just hope I'm banded by then.

well i was a size 28 when i got banded last dec, now I am a 24. I looked good then and i look good now. I always got a lot of attention from men so thats was never a problem with me. so i would say at any size . i just wish the ugly men would leave me alone!

well i was a size 28 when i got banded last dec, now I am a 24. I looked good then and i look good now. I always got a lot of attention from men so thats was never a problem with me. so i would say at any size . i just wish the ugly men would leave me alone!

The ugly men and the old men can take a hike, lol.