Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

news i didn't pay much attention to until my doctor told me today

Hey everyone! Hope everyone is having a wonderful day. I had my 5th adjustment today, the doc added 0.5ccs to my band. I'd tell you the total amount of ccs that I have now but to tell you the truth, I have lost count.

Anyways, the last fill I had until today was Feb. 22 of this year. I knew I was doing good since this fill with finally starting to loose the weight and all. I noticed my clothes were getting really baggy on me but didn't pay alot of attention to how much I was loosing.

I was informed today that since my last fill I had lost 36 pounds. OMG!!! You could have knocked me over with a feather when he told me. 36 pounds in less than 2 months.

I was so excited that I couldn't stop smiling for the longest.

I have another appointment in August and he says that with the way I am loosing now, I should be down to about 160 or 150 by the time I come back. I am so looking forward to my next visit and these next 4 months to see how good everything is going and how much I will be loosing over these next few months.

Only thing bad about my fill today. Now for the next 24 hours, I am on a liquid diet, then tomorrow back to the mushy diet, then Friday, I get to return to a full diet. I know I can get past today easily since I haven't even really been hungry since he adjusted me and drinks are filling me up.

I wish everyone nothing but success and happiness with their band. For anyone that may get frustrated with not loosing weight like they want to or think they should. DO NOT GIVE UP!!! The weight loss will come in time and before you know it, you will be able to wear that cute little bathingsuit during the summer.

Congratulations! That is so exciting!

I bet you were walking on Cloud 9!!! LOL! Are you still floating through your day or have your feet touched the ground again?!

Enjoy your success and CELEBRATE!!!! WhooHoo!!!

:)

wow!!!!!!!!!wow!!!!!!!!!!wow!!!!!!!!! excellent!!!!!!!!!! :)

Stacy, congratulations! That's so neat. I had my first fill today and they put 5.5 cc's in because I had dropped an additional 20 pounds in the last 4 weeks. Boy, I could a big difference just getting 6 oz. of Water down afterwards. I'm so glad the weight can come off at a good pace, still. My doc said now it would slow probably, but you're proof that's no necessarily so. Keep working and smiling. It is tremendous. My surgery was March 12th, 09 and I've lost a total of 43 pounds. I'm lovin' it!

Stacy, Congratulations on your 36 lbs weight loss. That was an amazing number. I am just wondering were you able to lose any weight after the first, 2nd and third fill? I just had my fist fill on 04/09/09. I don't think I have restriction at all. I could eat 5-6 OZ meat and 3 OZ of vege at a meal then feel hungry again 3 hours later. I was only able to lose 3 lbs on the liquid diet after the fill. From later last week to this week, I haven't been able to lose one ounce. This is pretty frustrating. So I am wondering if the same thing also happened to you before you had the fourth fill.

Stacy, Congratulations on your 36 lbs weight loss. That was an amazing number. I am just wondering were you able to lose any weight after the first, 2nd and third fill? I just had my fist fill on 04/09/09. I don't think I have restriction at all. I could eat 5-6 OZ meat and 3 OZ of vege at a meal then feel hungry again 3 hours later. I was only able to lose 3 lbs on the liquid diet after the fill. From later last week to this week, I haven't been able to lose one ounce. This is pretty frustrating. So I am wondering if the same thing also happened to you before you had the fourth fill.

Hey Emma, with my 1st and 2nd fill, I didn't have much restriction at all. I was able to lose a little bit of weight but it was mostly will power that help me in loosing it. With my 3rd fill, I had a little more restriction, but not much and again more than anything it was will power that help me in loosing it. After my 4th fill, I had alot my restriction and was able to loose alot of weight with very little will power due to the major restriction change. My 5th fill (yesterday), I havent had but just a few hours to see how much different it is going to be, but if it helps, my day went by easily. I wasn't hungry much at all and if I did feel a little bit of hunger coming on, I found that fluids help me with it. So far this morning, I haven't been hungry and I weighed myself when I first got up after going to the bathroom and I have lost 2 1/2 pounds since yesterday. I am on the mushy diet today, so around noon I am going to try to eat me a little bit of oatmeal. Havent gotten any futher with what I plan on having rest of the day except for plenty of fluids.

Your first and second fill, I believe is just getting you use to having your band so if you aren't loosing like you want to, dont worry about it. It takes most of us about 3 or 4 fills to hit our sweet spot then the weight starts coming off. I'm sure that you will start loosing soon and you will be on cloud 9.

Thank you very much, Stacy. I've moved my second fill from 4/29 up to 4/24 since there was a cancelation at my doctor's office. Luckily my doctor's office allows us to come in for a fill every two weeks until we reach the sweet spot. I don't know how many fills are going to take me to reaching my sweet spot. Hopefully it will come soon. By the way, how's your exercise routine? Do you exercise 5-7 days per week?

way to go on your weight loss! keep up the good work and remember that one day of liquid diet is SOOO much better than that initial 2 week period or so that you did it when you had your surgery :sneaky:

I just want to thank you for the uplifting message. So glad you shared and congrats. These kind of msgs are why I decided to sign up here. Continued success!!!

It should happen gradually, Emma. My first fill, I was STARVING -- like, hungrier than I was before the fill. The second was better, as was the third, and I just had my fourth last week. With each fill, it gets a bit better until they find your sweet spot.

Congrats on your loss. That is truly amazing. I'm surprised to hear you only had to be on liquids for one day, mushies for another. I just had my 2nd fill two days ago and my doc says with every fill I have to be on liquids for 1 week, mushies for another week before going to solids.

With this 2nd fill I already can tell I have much more restriction. I'm hoping to find my sweet spot here and really loose. I'm down 25 lbs since my surgery on Jan 29, 2009, 2 1/2 months. I know I can be doing better.