Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Victorious Valentines - Feb. 08 - MASTER THREAD!

I have fallen off the exercise wagon! Help! I went running one day last week and that's it for the last two weeks. I just don't feel like doing anything strenuous. I don't have major nausea, just enough to make me want to sit on the couch and watch tv. My poor hubby is not getting his exercise either because I'm a bad influence, I guess! LOL

I will get back to it. I refuse to get out of shape just because I'm pregnant.

As far as eating goes, I'm just eating what sounds good. More often than not it's simple carbs, unfortunately. I will get better on that as well, once I'm feeling better.

My weight isn't suffering. This morning I was 193 again, which is mid-range for me right now. It's been a little on the high side. This is going to drive me crazy, watching my weight go up. If it gets too hard, we'll just hide the scale again. That's my favorite technique.

We are moving in 2 weeks and I haven't got a single box packed. I'm not worried. It's getting to be old hat almost.

Morning all. Hope everyone is doing okay. I decided to take the day off so my morning is dragging along. Just being a slug here and it feels good.

Shiny - don't envy you at all - moving while pregnant - did that, don't want to think about it ever again.

Okay, me and the computer aren't getting along this morning. I've deleted this paragraph 3 times already. I give up.

Hope you guys are doing okay it's been so quiet here. Wishing you a great weekend and lots of weight loss inspiration.

You look absolutely amazing! How proud you must be to have beaten this beast. Did you end up having any kind of plastic surgery? Gives me hope that one day I too can get there. Congrats!

Morning all!

I hope everyone had a good (safe) Halloween, and did not gorge yourself on sweets. We had 2 kids come to the door - that's one more than last year!!

I am back to the Y this morning - still not wanting to go, but DH and I are now in a competition for % weight loss from now until Feb. 1. So, if nothing else I will be good because I MUST WIN!! (Not that Im competitive or anything....)

Sorry I'm not posting more regularly. I know I need to make it along with my exercise a priority in the morning. I'm been crazy busy with this house but thankfully it should be all done by the first half of next week. Tap, sounds like you're doing much better now. I remember you used to exercise like crazy and were so consistant at it. .

Good morning Ezma! I hope your house is ready to go - and now you can step back from the repair stuff and take time to exercise and post here....

I have fallen off the exercise wagon! Help!

I will get back to it. I refuse to get out of shape just because I'm pregnant.

As far as eating goes, I'm just eating what sounds good. More often than not it's simple carbs, unfortunately. I will get better on that as well, once I'm feeling better.

This is going to drive me crazy, watching my weight go up. If it gets too hard, we'll just hide the scale again. That's my favorite technique.

We are moving in 2 weeks and I haven't got a single box packed. I'm not worried. It's getting to be old hat almost.

Hey Shiny - you are allowed a LITTLE slack in the exercise and eating regimes while you are adjusting to the pregnancy. However, not too much, or for too long! However, perhaps you can use the pregnancy to get others to pack for you and get you moved ....

Okay, me and the computer aren't getting along this morning. I've deleted this paragraph 3 times already. I give up.

Don't you just hate it when the computer eats your posts, or hiccups and posts it twice, or disconnects you for no reason.....

Have I mentioned that Im not fond of computers??

heres my halloween pic

[ATTACH]17971[/ATTACH]

WOW SMS - you look fabulous!! (It's typed in green because I am so envious....

You look absolutely amazing! How proud you must be to have beaten this beast. Gives me hope that one day I too can get there. Congrats!

Ditto!!

hate to give you false hope..i must admit i hAD candy FOR BREAKFAST AND SODA ..

IM SO BAD I DID HAVE A Tummy Tuck BEFORE MY LB IT STILL LOOKS GOOD I THINK

Yes, your TT still looks good...next year perhaps for me. Maybe.

Morning Tap. Good to see you back to posting. I know it's just been a few days but I missed ya.

Morning to the rest of you too. :scared2:

Today is my D-Day. I decided last week to just set a date and stick to it. It's like when I quit smoking 5 years ago. I got no where until I made that firm commitment on a date and fought thru it. Guess I'm not the kind of person that can just half-heartedly try to lose a few pounds and have anything happen. So even though we have a few days left on the house it's back to walking for me this morning. Gonna start with The Daily bread, tracking my food again. And going to get rid of as many bad carbs as I possibly can. Just have to treat them like it's something I'm allergic to and avoid em. I need to get some more pre-made Protein Shakes today so I can start making sure I have breakfast. Going to give soda a complete boot out of my life and increase my Water. Start taking my Vitamins again. Wow, until I started typing this I hadn't realized how far I had slipped from my post banding lifestyle.

Anyway, I have my positive face on. Now I just need a shower and a walk. Talk to you tomorrow.

Hi Shonda! You look great, as always J Hope you had a great time.

Tap, good deal on the challenge with your Hubby. I know that always gets me ready to move it. That might be just what you need to get you over that finish line!

SHM, just start slow. Take it easy, but even 20 minutes a day is better than not doing anything at all. We’re all here for you!

Ezma, welcome back to the fight! I know you can do it. One things for sure, if I can get back in the program, anyone can. I was out for the count for a long time.

As for my self I’m pretty positive I’m going to get a small fill tomorrow. I can eat way too much. I was back up to 251.5 this morning. L I think some of it just might be Water, so I’m going to be extra good and flush all day.

I even lost my equilibrium a bit this morning while I was getting in my car to go to work. I think my ear might be a little plugged. I checked my blood pressure and it was fine. But, here is a little NSV I enjoyed… while I was checking the blood pressure I noticed the cuff was too big! I’m graduating to a medium cuff now. No Large, No Extra Large. Just a nice normal size cuff. LOL! Who would have ever imagined that would make someone so happy?

On the good side I have been blowing through my workouts. I stayed on my elliptical for 80 minutes. I did a first 15 minutes until some company came over, but after they left I finished up with an additional 65 minutes. WOW!! I felt so tired and could barely walk but hey… I did it! I get to do my walk today too since I’m at work. I’m just going to do some muscle toning tonight though. Not a lot of cardio.

Ok then, talk soon! Hope everyone has a great day. J

Morning ladies!

Well, I managed a total bandster day yesterday - exercise, lots of Water (never a problem for me), portion controlled, no snacks........am I done yet???

At the Y again this morning - wish I could say that I missed it, or that it feels good to be back there or something, but nope, I'm just going because I HAVE to. But Im there!

Hope you are all doing well - and for the missing VV's, come on, post a note. Tell us what's happening...RSG; Mom, Jul, Lori, CC, KJC, etc..........................

Way to go Tap and Lil!!!! It's so great to see you guys back in the exercise groove. I walked yesterday again. It was good but I have to miss this morning since my brother-in-law forgot the keys to the rental house and I have run them out there. It's far enough out there that I'll just stay and get my work done.

I started out great yesterday. Until 3:00 when the banana cream pie got it's grips on me. It's gone now though so it won't get me today. Why is this so dang hard? Why can't it just be as simple as fueling the body? Grrrrr! I will get it today! Good news was that I'm back down to the low end of my current plateau. Now for the dropping to begin again.

My brother mentioned something and it really made sense. Have we messed up our metabolism with the Lap Band? Just wondering if that's why it gets so hard for us at times.

Ezma that is a very good point. In my opinion it could very well be. Especially since most of us are taught very low carb eating… Protein first, then veggies, then carbs if you can get to them. Early on we can’t eat much at all so we’re left with almost no carbs.

If anyone has done the no carb diet before, you know how fast it comes back on when you do start eating them again.

I did have one serving of ice cream last night. ONE SERVING!! I gained a half a pound! Whatever. I’m getting a fill today (hopefully). My surgeon just took out way too much.

I walked yesterday again.

I started out great yesterday. Until 3:00 when the banana cream pie got it's grips on me. It's gone now though so it won't get me today. Why is this so dang hard? Why

Great on the walking, Ezma. And yes, that IS the question - Why can't it be just about fuelling the body??? There are people for whom that is all eating is ... my sister is one of them! For her, eating is something you must do to live, otherwise it is a waste of time/effort/money etc. Same parents, same environment but completely different views of food!

It's a mystery!!

I did have one serving of ice cream last night. ONE SERVING!! I gained a half a pound! Whatever. I’m getting a fill today (hopefully). My surgeon just took out way too much.

Now remember LilMiss, you don't want to rush things...remember that! Your doc needs to make sure you absolutely are not still inflammed/irritated from your last few months before he starts filling you up again. Slow but steady...

I'm booked for a small fill this Friday - 2 months or more since my slight unfill. I am hoping another quarter of a cc will be tolerable...i need the little 'push' to get me going again. Im doing my part with returning to exercise, and remembering and practicing the bandster lifestyle, so a little fill will complete the picture.

Morning ladies!

Well, I was at the Y again this morning - that's 3 days in a row. Am I done yet????

I'm booked for a fill on Friday; I'm hoping between it and returning to the Y I will lose these last pounds - maybe I will also find some motivation and energy too, as they are also gone!

How are the rest of you doing?

HI EVERYBODY

thx for all the support

im really feeling hungry all the time now but my doc will not fill me again anytime soon i hate to think i did all this just to gain and lose over and over again ..

xoxo

shonda

I have an appointment with my band doctor this afternoon. We'll have to see what his attitude is about pregnancy and the band.

My first maternity appointment was yesterday. I was unprepared to see that number 201 on the scale! I weighed 195 at my house that morning, so it was unexpected. Sigh. I'm going to have to figure out a way to cope with the raising weight and expanding clothing size.