Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

straight to pureed foods?

2 weeks Clear Liquids post-op, then mushies.

okay i clarified w/the doctor and it is purees and it's 'loose' purees so i'm guessing it's the same concept as liquids. but EWWWWW doesnt sound so good lol

Hey Thin!

I just wanted to say thank you for telling me about the free dining at Disney. I was able to change our reservation and it's quite a good savings. So THANK YOU! I think we're going to be able to fly down now. Hopefully with Lapband,exercise and all that I'll be able to sit in an airplane seat!!

I am being banded on 4/27 and the protocol from the Drs office says I will be able to have 1-2 ozs of mushie food day after surgery as tolorated. Mushie food for two weeks then soft solids.

2 weeks liquids for me....had one day clear, and now I'm on full liquids until I see him - in two weeks. My doc doesn't fill for 4-6wks post op. I'm allowed to start mushies 4/30 and will be on those for 2 weeks before I start adding in soft solids.

I went to two different nutritionist who both said two different things. One said liquids for 1-2 weeks the other said puree can be started on day 4-7 I think. I'm sticking to liquids (both clear and full - meaning the soups) for a bit just to be safe. I guess everyone's stomache reactions are different, so I would say go with what you feel is comfortable.

Doc told me clear liquids until I see him for my 2 week follow-up disappointing because I was lookiing forward to the creamed and Tomato Soups and some Protein Shakes. I've been having some broth, popcicles, fudgecicles (propably cheating but need the creamy texture) and Water I made some Jello that will probably be dinner. I'm going to double check with the nutrionist when she calls to make sure I didn't misunderstand but he clearly said no Soup till follow-up I would figure that meant tomato and cream of....

Jaytee, I am on clear liquids too, with the exception of it including Protein shakes with FF or skim milk. I can start mushies in a week which will include cream soups, mashed potatoes, refried Beans and scrambled eggs. Otherwise just clear liquids for now, I would double check to see if you are able to add the protein shakes. I would definitely be hungry if it weren't for the shakes. Hang in there,,,we will have some real food soon.;)

Jaytee, I am on clear liquids too, with the exception of it including Protein shakes with FF or skim milk. I can start mushies in a week which will include cream Soups, mashed potatoes, refried Beans and scrambled eggs. Otherwise just clear liquids for now, I would double check to see if you are able to add the Protein Shakes. I would definitely be hungry if it weren't for the shakes. Hang in there,,,we will have some real food soon.;)

Since that post I got Isopure Alpine Punch it can mixx wiht Water and is almost a clear liquid. I'm learning more each day on here form everyone. Instead of making one batch and drinking it as I feel like I make one scoop for breakfat and one for lunch and then I started having a Protein shot at dinnertime. I really wasn't hungry for much of anything till this weekend so it was really hard to schedule any meals. I see the doc on Tuesday I hope he puts me on full liquids or even mushies. He probably won't remember telling me to stay away from soups or will think I should have known he meant soups with chuncks instead of any Soup like Tomato or cream of....

Thanks to everyone for the advise I'm learning all the time this is a great group to go through this with. I don't say often enough hope everyone who's be banded is doing ok and good luck to those about to be banded. We are on the last days of the month hard to believe.

My diet sheet allows us me to have purees and soft food straight away. Well, from day 3 anyway. The dietician and surgeon both said that as long as it will drop off a spoon, it should be fine. They said a lot of places were more cautious than they really need to be. They said soft foods shouldn't get in the way of healing.

Also said it was fine to swallow tablets, but bigger ones need to be broken in half.

I know this is contrary to what a lot of you have been told, but jus thought I'd post it anyway.

I had two days of clear liquids and then right to pureed. Tomorrow I'm on soft. Honestly, I think that these liquid diets that go on for weeks are a bit overkill. At least it would have been for me. I was ready for pureed. It helped keep me full.

Ugh I am sick of Soups and yogurt now........lol...thankfully I'm clear to move on to soft foods but I'm nervous about the 30 chew thing and screwing it up.

The dietician and surgeon both said that as long as it will drop off a spoon, it should be fine.

that's a good way of explaining it

Post-Op for me is

Day 1- clear liquids

Days 2-4 Full liquids

Day 5- start on mushies and slowly progress to a regular diet

oh my gosh I started soft foods today - as per the nutritionist and the doc... yah my tummy is so not ready for it.

First I ate my eggs too fast and thought I was going to hurl afterwards - I didnt but instead I had the worst burbs ever. I am sooo not going to do that again - I am going to eat more slowly!!

Then everything else feels like it just sits there and is taking forever to go through and I felt nausead. I think it was too much too soon. And I'm on day 16 I think. ESH... going to take it easy and try another day after my tummy recovers.

oh my gosh I started soft foods today - as per the nutritionist and the doc... yah my tummy is so not ready for it.

First I ate my eggs too fast and thought I was going to hurl afterwards - I didnt but instead I had the worst burbs ever. I am sooo not going to do that again - I am going to eat more slowly!!

Then everything else feels like it just sits there and is taking forever to go through and I felt nausead. I think it was too much too soon. And I'm on day 16 I think. ESH... going to take it easy and try another day after my tummy recovers.

I hope this isn't over sharing I had to switch from mashed potatoes to some other foods I added some Beans, cottage cheese stuff that could be mushed.....

And felt like I could feel something going through my whole digistive system.....like a rock I could feel at every turn.....;) my (excuse me) BM's were not very rewarding and intermittent I took softners, phillips everything gentle. Thursday I was in a meeting on the other side of town with some other people from my group and a customer. They decided to go to Mexican....Yeah exactly what's on my plan :thumbdown: I had mexican eggs and Beans ate about half then had the other half for dinner that night Friday morning that rock passed and felt great since...... sorry if I over shared...I'm told have no boundries...