Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

***bunny bandsters april 09 master thread #2 ***

Hey, Jen...I had this happen a couple of times and noticed it was mostly when I ate two different things. If I eat just one type of food, like a scrambled egg I am fine. If I eat the egg then follow it with SF pudding or something, I get that feeling. I just eat one thing and let it sit for awhile. Then if I want something else I will have it later, not right after. It has worked for me. Guess stuff doesn't mix well with me yet. The only thing I CAN eat with something else is Soup. That doesn't seem to bother me.

Maybe I will try that. Although I am beginning to think it may be the yogurt. I went to the movies today and instead of the delicious yummy smelling popcorn :thumbdown: I got a mcdonalds fruit and yogurt parfait and had it during the movie and I noticed the gas then too. Maybe I will try and skip the yogurt or eat it by itself and see if it happens again. But it is good to know I am not alone in this, I hope it goes away soon.

It's always nice to know we're not crazy :thumbdown:

I forget how long my doctor told me to wait to take my steri strips off (lovely pain meds), but the curiosity of what my port scar looks like is driving me crazy. I have 5 incisions and no idea why so many, so I'm slightly peeved about that.

I took one set of strips off that were already falling off of another incision, but that port one looks pretty gnarly. The strips are starting to peel off on the edges, but I think I'll wait a bit. I'm one of those gross people that loves to pick at things.

My incisions are all bumpy feeling too, like there's Fluid underneath them and they're swollen.

How's everyone's incisions doing?

I was banded on 4/21 as well and got my steri strips taken off last week tuesday. the doctor said he wanted me to take them off sooner but thanks to the pain meds i didnt remember either lol Mine were a little wet but they dried out super quick after i removed the steri strips. the port is a little wonky looking but everything else is looking good. good luck :0)

LOL, I never did take my steri strips off. I was told to wait until my two week follow up to have them removed. But my stomach still looks a mess. I had some waterproff bandaids on over my steristrips when I went to the waterpark and had a reaction to them. Well when I got the steri strips off I noticed I had a reaction to them too. so I still have these 4 huge red blotches all around my incisions. It was pretty bad looking but is finally starting to fade, maybe another week or two and maybe they will be completely gone... :thumbdown:

I was banded on the 22nd and just entered the mushy stage a couple of days ago...I lost 15 pounds the first week out and now that I am eating, I am SO hungry that I am able to fill myself if I have food on a small dessert plate but I almost think I am eating too much. I am eating stuff like cottage cheese, lite canned pears, tilapia filet, refried Beans, stuff like that and of course not all at once. Is anyone else feeling like they are stuffing their face?

Katie

p.s. I want a Bunny Bandster signature but I am really pc illiterate :thumbdown:

I had some waterproff bandaids on over my steristrips when I went to the waterpark and had a reaction to them. Well when I got the steri strips off I noticed I had a reaction to them too. so I still have these 4 huge red blotches all around my incisions.

I'm allergic to these too. It's actually the adhesive I'm allergic to (doesn't matter if it's made of latex or paper). Try the 3-M brand ones in the future (band-aids and first aid tape)...I seem to do better with some of these.

Katie

p.s. I want a Bunny Bandster signature but I am really pc illiterate :smile:

Katie- Click HERE and scroll down to post 128 for instructions on the sig.

And for all of you with the pains after eating- I didn't see anyone mention how long they are taking to eat, so I wanted to make sure this isn't causing this. My doc recommends 6 meals during the mushie stage and each small meal should take about 20-30 min. to eat.

Edited by Band_Groupie

I'm allergic to these too. It's actually the adhesive I'm allergic to (doesn't matter if it's made of latex or paper). Try the 3-M brand ones in the future (band-aids and first aid tape)...I seem to do better with some of these.

Yeah I think it was the adhesive too, because I actually had two different brands of bandaids (Bandaid and something else) plus the steri strips...so from now on no long term bandaids or anything sticky for me..

And for all of you with the pains after eating- I didn't see anyone mention how long they are taking to eat, so I wanted to make sure this isn't causing this. My doc recommends 6 meals during the mushie stage and each small meal should take about 20-30 min. to eat.

Yeah my doc says to eat no less than 20 min and no more than 30 but I only get 3 small meals with Protein Drinks as Snacks. I actually have been eating pretty slowly so that it takes me the whole 30 min to eat the half of a pureed chicken breast and a Jello. But today I did not eat any yogurt and I did not get that gas pain... so I am thinking that it may be the yogurt for me. I will try yogurt by itself tomorrow and see if it happens

wellllll...i went to RENO this weekend, and i must admit that although i tried very hard to eat smart, i know that i went over my 800-1000 calories/day limit that i've set for myself. saturday was not bad, but today was bad--very very bad. all i have to say is that i start back at the gym with my trainer tomorrow, and i will have a very low-calorie week this week... it's SO difficult when traveling, though, and i have to go on a business trip to new mexico from the 7th thru the 10th...i'll do my best, though. urgh!

Yeah my doc says to eat no less than 20 min and no more than 30 but I only get 3 small meals with Protein drinks as Snacks. I actually have been eating pretty slowly so that it takes me the whole 30 min to eat the half of a pureed chicken breast and a Jello. But today I did not eat any yogurt and I did not get that gas pain... so I am thinking that it may be the yogurt for me. I will try yogurt by itself tomorrow and see if it happens

This is really interesting...please let us know what happens. I have greek yogurt sitting in the fridge already waiting for my mushie stage.

I have five incesions as well. My port strips fell off first. I still have two with stips on. I just wait for them to fall off on their own. I'm not a picker, if anything I'm an anti-picker, so I have no desire to touch them :unsure:. But the ones that are off look ok, brusied but fine looking.

Hey Guys! I'm back online now for the first time after my surgery. I was banded on April 22nd, and I'm doing good. I go for my 2-week followup this wednesday. So far I've lost 17lbs. I feel this is good, but is this average? And 10 lbs of that was pre-op. I'm hoping I'm doing good. I start my exercise routine this wednesday also. What kinds of exercise are you guys doing? Anything really making those pounds shed?! :tt2: Keep a girl informed.

Take care and good luck!:thumbup:

Hey all!!

I was banded 4/29! It was a great success! I have had NO pain (took tylenol just in case my first 2 days home and have had nothing since!) and had little problems with gases. I started back at work today. I feel really good.

I am on shakes and liquids for the next 12 days and I am STRUGGLING! I am truly hungry every 2 hours after I have a shake. I my nutritionist says I should have a shake every 3-4 hours. Literally, I am sitting here starving with a growling belly. No matter how much Crystal Light I sip, it still growls. I have sent an email asking my nutritionist what I can do. I just don't think I have the proper constriction to have a shake ever 4 hours.

I never thought I would look forward to the day that I could have Tomato soup! :thumbdown:

I love this site and all the support!! You guys are the best!

Hey Everyone,

I am one week post op and so excited that it has actually happened. The whole thing went really well. I have very little pain, and was back at work on day 3. The first day I had alot of vomiting thanks to the anesthesia, but that went away and all was well. I have been doing pretty good with the liquid phase and start the mushies in 6 days. I lost 11 lbs last week which is just awesome!!! The best part is for the first time in my life I know that 11lbs is never coming back. Thanks Band Groupie for the Band Birthday Card. Really put a smile on my face. I am so glad you are all here for my "new Life". It is good to have people who really understand!

I was banded the 24th and have felt so weak and tired. I am relieved to hear that I am not alone but how long should this last? I had this surgery to loose weight and have more energy. I am just tired of being tired...even more so than preop! Any ideas?

I was banded the 24th and have felt so weak and tired. I am relieved to hear that I am not alone but how long should this last? I had this surgery to loose weight and have more energy. I am just tired of being tired...even more so than preop! Any ideas?

Yeah, I was banded the 22nd and I feel like I have ZERO energy. I get so tired and shaky doing anything. I've been blogging (on LBT, below) about that and being hungry. I have a week left (3 weeks of phase I) of Clear Liquids and skim milk ONLY. My cals. are 400-500 per day so I'm in starvation mode and have stopped losing weight as well. I've been reading that people get their energy back once they're able to eat food and get more calories in. I'm counting the days!

Yeah, I was banded the 22nd and I feel like I have ZERO energy. I get so tired and shaky doing anything. I've been blogging (on LBT, below) about that and being hungry. I have a week left (3 weeks of phase I) of clear liquids and skim milk ONLY. My cals. are 400-500 per day so I'm in starvation mode and have stopped losing weight as well. I've been reading that people get their energy back once they're able to eat food and get more calories in. I'm counting the days!

My Dr. has already let me move to mushies. I have lived on mashed potatoes and Soup and cottage cheese. The "real food" has not helped! I finally had to lay down in my office for lunch and take a power nap and even then that did not help. I hope this is normal.