Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Recommendations for Plastic Surgeons

Hey, I just had IPL (where they shoot ya w/ light) TODAY. Yikes! I look like I dragged my face on the pavement. My skin's supposed to look good about five days from now. We'll see. Before the procedure you put your face in this special camera that takes shows separate shots of where all your large pores are, where your age spots are, your undersurface UV damage. Oh my. I may have to start socializing w/ vampires to stay out of the light permanently!

Thought I'd give an update on this IPL (Photorejuevenation) stuff. It's been just over three weeks now and the results are MARVELOUS. I am a very happy camper. I was told it would take 2 or 3 treatments to rid my forearms & hands of the hideous age spots (also called liverspots--yuk!) and I'd say after the ONE treatment they have faded at least 60%. My next treatment is 10/4 so we'll see a few weeks after that if another is necessary. But I can tell you even if they don't fade one bit more I can live with this just fine.

As far as my face... well, my skin looks good, but I didn't really have much in the way of age spots on my face before so it's not as dramatic. The dmg wasn't visible yet. It seems like my pores look smaller--I guess. Freckles on my neck and chest are much faded also. Wish I'd taken a picture of everything before. I'll get the lapband scars zapped too next time if the IPL tech thinks it will help fade them. Seems like it should. I'll let ya know!

Kare,

What did they charge you for the treatments, If I may be so bold? I could use some of this on my chest and face, arms aren't too bad yet.

Thanks,

Well I'll tell you this, the prices vary--a LOT.

I think the original estimate went like this:

1 treatment face/neck $300

1 treatment chest $300

1 treatment arms/hands $300

They say you'll need 2-3 treatments, but the technician said two would probably do it for me and I could get a refresher in 6-12 mos. (They almost always offer this in a pkg of 3 treatments and it's cheaper to buy all at once.)

She ended up only charging me $150 for the treatment on my arms and gave me a further discount because she works for my surgeon and then I got a discount for getting the package. The final cost for me was the whole package of 3 treatments (face/neck/chest/part arms & hands) for $2,100. (Since when did I not have a balance on my credit card?)

I did get an analysis from another doctors office that was HUNDREDS more per treatment and thier final cost estimate was $4,800 (with their package discounts!). So, shop around!

Thank you Shai.

I didn't think you were being nosey. "How much does it cost?" is the first thing everyone asks--including me! I don't know if it would be cheaper in Nashville or not. There are probably more of the photorejuev places out here so there are lots to pick from.

Now doubt one could drive to TJ and get it done MUCH less.

Yeah, but will they do that with my belly flab? I'm still trying to decide what to do because I want this, that and the other, but I can't take 2 weeks out of life for full body recovery. They don't want to put me under 4 times for 4 procedures though. Decisions, decisions.

Plus it's much more expensive doing one at a time. The anesthesia is dangerous and expensive, so it's all or nothing. They prefer to do several procedures at once to avoid risk. They talked me out of just doing my belly right now and waiting till I'm ready for more. Maybe January.

I can only reccommend that you make sure the doctor you choose is board certified! This is a decision you will never regret. Your health and happiness are far more important than prices, and most doctors offer financing as well. Try a physician's referral line, every city has several that only reccommend qualified doctors. The very best to you and God bless you and your family.

Guest drichard

Dr. John Lomanoco in Houston, Texas has been highly recommended. He has experiece with Lap Band patients.

I wasn't that keen on the arm surgery- just really thinking about it till about two plus weeks ago. I was baking Cookies for the kids in a sleevless top- bent over to get Cookies out of lower oven and I reached in and burnt the skin cause it "flopped down on edge of pan- I forgot it was therw. I was so made with two really hideous lines.

I agree with all of you- the scars could not look much worse than the skin does- and I would not have problems with those cute little tight sweaters!