Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can anyone drink beer?

I realize carbonation doesn't work well with the band, but was wondering if anyone can drink beer at all. Yes, I am aware it is empty caolries. I don't drink regularly, but have a bachelorette party and wedding coming up. I'd prefer drinking beer rather than liquor. Just want to know what to expect. Thanks!

I can - but it takes me ages. It normally goes significantly flat because its open so long.

Calorie wise I find light beer a good choice - I've always been a wine drinker, but that goes down faster and easier and the calories add up.

I don't drink beer, but I know a woman who is banded who always has beer at happy hour. it doesn't seem to bother her. Some say it streches your pouch, etc.

My dr actually told me that I could have carbonated drinks IF it was on a empty stomach. Now, I haven't tried to though and I never did drink beer...

I can drink beer, but find most very uncomfortable to drink, so I tend to stay away from them. THere are some beers out there that are less carbonated that I don't have any issues with. I.E. Guinness, Boddingtons, etc.

I try every few weeks, but pretty much find it causes me significant pain. I've also tried the less carbonated things like Mike's Hard Lemonade, but just can't do it. Probably best for me, that is part of what got me here in the first place.

i have about one beer a month - more like a michelada. can't slug it; takes a bit of time, but i get the craving satisfied for another month.

According to my Dr., he says that if you drink carbonated stuff, it streches out your stomach & causes you to eat more... I just made the choice to stay away from ALL carbonation, I didnt come this far & pay this much to mess up my hard work... Only my opinion... good luck in what ever you choose.

I can drink beer but like the others have said it is much slower than it used to be. I don't think it would be possible for me drink enough to get me drunk these days. I try to go for the low carb varieties like Pure Blonde

My doc said that I can drink beer but I'd want to sip a pint over 1/2 an hour - YAWN!

I will give it a go - but not until a FULL month post op, the biggest risk is mean to be slippage, so I don't want to risk it till after I am fully healed.

I also was given 12 bottles of french champagne - approx $1,000 worth - those things are going down my throat come hell or high water!!!! ha aha

Yes, I can drink beer although my nutritionist would say "NO". It does not cause me any problems. I only drink one and I drink it slow. I tried a ginger ale the other day and it did not go well. I threw it away.

Im one year out almost and i dont bother with any beer or soda.... why even try? Is it worth the pain? or the chance to mess ur new tummy up? :thumbup:

gl~

i don't bother with carbonated drinks but you can sip wine or a wine cooler easily. a dry white wine wouldn't be sweet.