Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Friday Weigh Ins

Thanks for the encouragement and positive feedback. I didn't realize how much I needed it. So for all of you who are feeling especially discouraged, "just keep on swimming" (Find Nemo) and stay focused on the goal ... healthy living!

I was down & up this week and finally ended up back at *sigh* 267lbs. So no loss for me this week, but at least there was no gain ... right?

Just keep hoppin' my fellow bunnies!

:unsure: Kaner

i am not complaining but i am down 11 pounds this week for a total of 32 since surgery 6 weeks ago. he won't fill me, for some reason i have hit my sweet spot altho i think i am eating too little. i take tiny bites and chew like 30 times and i am finding it hard to get down 1/4 c. of food total for a meal. don't know whats going on.

i am down this week. weighed myself on friday and was 293.4 which is super exciting after sitting around 297 for weeks and weeks and weeks! I am hoping to get into the 280's soon.

i am not complaining but i am down 11 pounds this week for a total of 32 since surgery 6 weeks ago. he won't fill me, for some reason i have hit my sweet spot altho i think i am eating too little. i take tiny bites and chew like 30 times and i am finding it hard to get down 1/4 c. of food total for a meal. don't know whats going on.

Check with your doc, but this certainly doesn't sound normal to me. By 6 weeks post-op you should be healed and able to eat at least a cup of food at a time. Did your doc put a fill in at surgery perhaps? How many calories are your getting in from solid foods per day (it should be about 1000 by now)?

he said he put in a tiny amt at the surgery but he has decided to remove some tomorrow morning. i am right now eating about 400 calories a day - i can get milk down and very very little food, like a bite or two of flaky fish and maybe a bite of cottage cheese for the day. that's it. i don't know whats going on

Glad to hear he's unfilling you. My doc puts 0 in at surgery. He says that some of his patients never need a fill...the band itself creates the pouch and gives some restriction. Keep us posted and I hope this helps. I was getting about 400 calories for about 3 weeks with the post-op diet I was on. I was very tired and weak. Keep us posted and best wishes. -BG

Edited by Band_Groupie

207 this morning. Happy Friday all!

Another head coming off! First fill Tues. (Lingling- what are you on, fill #5?!!!!...so jealous!), no big change yet but 2 days of liquids helped the weight move again. Seven weeks until fill #2.

Yes I guess I am very lucky. The surgeon is just up the road and he has an open door policy - free fills for 6mths. Just have to make appointment. I am feeling OKAY and am at fill number four I think? but I keep drinking with meals and also drinking wine and then not caring about what I eat. WOE.

My port is also getting easier to feel...is that an NSV?

Oh well, I won't be the biggest loser this week, but I lost and didn't gain! :thumbup:

DEFINITELY A NSV!!!

I am at 237.4 this morning.

Happy Friday to everyone and good job! When the scale is only moving .4 to 1 lb, (like last week), I get discouraged, too, but I just remind myself of where I was 6 months ago - almost 270 lbs, taking 5 kinds of medicine everyday, a1c was 8.0, most of my clothes were tight, and NEVER losing a lb.

Up till this week, I was only getting 600-800 calories a day, so I concentrated this week in getting more calories, but still at or around 1000.

Have a great weekend, everyone!

Agree WannaB - I can see a trend here everyone is screeching to a halt - the liquid and the band have given us all a good boost to start with but now its time to work! booo! :)

Zero weight loss this week : (
Hey SDeale, I notice that you weigh in but have only ever given one weight which was 2 weeks ago - if you want to post your current weight when you weigh in on a friday (and tell me your start weight) I can pop you on the biggest loser spreadsheet. No worries if you don't want to - and by all means post whatever you want - just letting you know what you need to do if you do. xx

I'm a little late in posting here, but here goes. My highest weight before surgery was 277lbs. Surgery day 269. Friday's weight 249.

Glad for the fill last week, I was sitting at 251 for a while!

I didn't get to weigh Friday since I was off work. Today I am at 213 so I was up some, dang bit-o-honey. 3 fills and still not much restriction. I go in again next week.

Glad to hear he's unfilling you. My doc puts 0 in at surgery. He says that some of his patients never need a fill...the band itself creates the pouch and gives some restriction. Keep us posted and I hope this helps. I was getting about 400 calories for about 3 weeks with the post-op diet I was on. I was very tired and weak. Keep us posted and best wishes. -BG

just an update - i went in this morning and he took out some Fluid, he wouldn't tell me how much b/c he says he doesn't want me obsessing over amounts but i had some broth not too long ago and the pain in my chest is out! yay! my total weight loss over the past 10 days is 16 pounds and he said i was okay to go to the gym so i am heading in at 6 for a Water aerobics class...thank you for the concern...chicken...it's the devil, at least for me :grouphug:

love to all

kate

So glad to hear you're doing better! I've been thinking about you.

FRIDAY WEIGH INS

12 JUNE 09

Hey All,

It's friday again!!

I weighed in today at 126.4kg. Down 300g. Yawn. Neeeeeed to be sensible about what I eat and stop drinking WINE!!

Here is last week's spreadsheet! Biggest loss for the week was a whopping 6lb for WannaB! That's phenomenal!!!

Doodle and Jaytee - you guys are nearly 1/2 way to your goals!

Keep at it everyone! We can do this!!!

xx

Friday Doc.doc

I don't think I'm on the spreadsheet either, but I think it got too big. I'm okay with that.

I didn't want to weight today, but I did and I'm glad I did. I'm getting further and further away from the 200's!

196.2!!! I hope the trend continues...

Oops! Just checked the document and I AM on there! Thanks lingling, you are amazing!!!