Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Greetings from WA :-)

Hi everyone,

I am Louellyn (Lou for short) from Kalgoorlie and I am a long time lurker but as of today am joining the ranks of the to-be-banded :-)

I am on day 1 of the two week optisfast and have my operation booked in with Dr Watson on 1 April!

I have been following the threads in here as I did enough research to convince myself that the band is the way to go. According to Dr Watson I have 81kg to lose to be the perfect weight for my height, but I doubt that I actually have the build to get to that figure - and it is impossible to imagine 65-68kg when you are 148kg! (gulp putting that in print).

99kg is my aim - oh to be double digits!

You all seem so supportive of one another and I am looking forward to becoming an active member of the board!

Now..hurry up 2 weeks so Optifast can end lol

Lou :-)

Hi Lou,

My fiance and I were both banded by Dr Watson 12 months ago. You're in fine hands. Good luck with it all!

Em :)

Welcome lou!

I know it's hard to imagine being that much smaller, but it can be done! How tall are you?

I think it's a good idea to have graduated goals - get to 99kgs first, then reassess and see how you're going. You may find at that point, losing that remaining 30kgs won't seem so impossible!

I was also banded by Steve Watson, and I have to say, I am grateful every single day for having taken the step. Good luck with the Optifast diet too - the first three days are the worst, and then it gets easier to bear.

Hi Lou

I'm also a WA country girl to be banded on 17 April by Dr Cohen at Mercy Bariatrics. I don't see his name on this site. Any reason why? I'm doing two weeks Optifast pre-op so running out of days right now. Pretty nervous though but I've learnt so much since discovering this site. I agree its great to see the way everyone is so supportive. Well done!

SusieP

Edited by susiep

Hi, I was banded by Dr Watson also and have never looked back. Good luck with your journey you have the best Doc for the job. I too never thought I would get into double digits but I have and now I look at the other me in photos at about 130kg and wonder how I was ever that big, I will never go back too much life to live now.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 4 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

4. AmberFL

How are you doing? any update?!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches