Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bunny Bandsters - April '09, MASTER THREAD #1

NOt official Friday Weigh in time but I'm so excited I had to post when I got home from work today I was a 228.6!!! Wait that's not the end you know I'm compulsive aobut weighing in I did my return home from work potty (sorry if TMI) and I was at 228 even. WooHoo!!!!!:mad:

I'm really feeling restriction after this last fill, I'm actually at that 1/4 to 1/2 cup of food I'm eating soft Soups now so I hope it won't be an issue once I go on solid food but right now I'm feeling ok.

i hope you guys will forgive the vent. i am a little discouraged. my highest weight was 350, when i had the band put in - april 22nd, 2009, i was 315.5, i weigh 225 as of this morning and i have no regrets but i have come down w/ some horrible infection and am extremely nauseaus. i am barely able to keep down yogurt in a day, along w/ some Vitamin Water. i try to eat things like cottage cheese and some pureed veggies but i stay sick pretty much daily. i only have a cc and a half in a 10 cc band and have had an upper gi very recently to make sure the band didn't slip which it hasn't. i was hospitalized over the weekend, pancreas, kidney, gallbladder are all fine. they only say the nausea is due to some mysterious infection. i am making enemies w/ food and am stressed b/c i can go like 14+ hours w/out food and i'm fine. i have to force myself to get yogurt down. psychologically, it's messing w/ my head b/c i've always used food to comfort myself and now i see food as bad and don't want anything to do w/ it. sigh...sorry for the vent. i am so frustrated right now.

i hope you guys will forgive the vent. i am a little discouraged. my highest weight was 350, when i had the band put in - april 22nd, 2009, i was 315.5, i weigh 225 as of this morning and i have no regrets but i have come down w/ some horrible infection and am extremely nauseaus. i am barely able to keep down yogurt in a day, along w/ some Vitamin Water. i try to eat things like cottage cheese and some pureed veggies but i stay sick pretty much daily. i only have a cc and a half in a 10 cc band and have had an upper gi very recently to make sure the band didn't slip which it hasn't. i was hospitalized over the weekend, pancreas, kidney, gallbladder are all fine. they only say the nausea is due to some mysterious infection. i am making enemies w/ food and am stressed b/c i can go like 14+ hours w/out food and i'm fine. i have to force myself to get yogurt down. psychologically, it's messing w/ my head b/c i've always used food to comfort myself and now i see food as bad and don't want anything to do w/ it. sigh...sorry for the vent. i am so frustrated right now.

WOW Bella (my band buddy...go 4/22!)...that's horrible (the nausea that is, your WL is amazing!). I hope they at least gave you some anti-nausea meds to use so you're not vomiting all the time! I also hope they gave you some suggestions on how to work through this! If not, maybe you can try a liquid diet for a few days until this passes...protein shakes? It will give you and your stomach time to settle. Come here to vent anytime!! ((hugs)) -BG

thanks BG, i am on a couple of anti nausea meds as well as cipro for the infection but they don't know how it started or where it started. since jan. 1st, i have been on - and i'm not exaggerating - an ounce maybe of Vitamin Water a day and about 3 ounces of chicken broth a day and that's it. i am losing muscle mass at this point and hair. my dr took out 2 cc's to give my stomach a break but i still can't really tolerate much beyond yogurt. thanks for the well wishes and support. i don't regret the band at all, it's not the band even tho that was the 1st place the hospital looked...funny how that is. i'm going to try some pureed carrots tomorrow and maybe some mashed sweet potatoes. my dr told me not to worry about calories at this point b/c i'm so depleted. hoping things get better. my bday is 2/15 and i am really ready to ring in a healthy awesome 43rd year!

thanks BG, i am on a couple of anti nausea meds as well as cipro for the infection but they don't know how it started or where it started. since jan. 1st, i have been on - and i'm not exaggerating - an ounce maybe of Vitamin Water a day and about 3 ounces of chicken broth a day and that's it. i am losing muscle mass at this point and hair. my dr took out 2 cc's to give my stomach a break but i still can't really tolerate much beyond yogurt. thanks for the well wishes and support. i don't regret the band at all, it's not the band even tho that was the 1st place the hospital looked...funny how that is. i'm going to try some pureed carrots tomorrow and maybe some mashed sweet potatoes. my dr told me not to worry about calories at this point b/c i'm so depleted. hoping things get better. my bday is 2/15 and i am really ready to ring in a healthy awesome 43rd year!

I can't believe they let you out of the hospital like this! And it's been like this for 20 days?!! I'm assuming they took ALL the Fluid out of your band (the 2cc's you mentioned?)? I'm also assuming they did a barium swallow to see how open/the flow of liquids? I don't think the scope can tell this...and it can't see if there is an infection outside the pouch or port (can they check to see if there's an erosion starting?).

You know your body best, and I'm not trying to be an alarmist, but I think I'd be insisting they admitted me again or get a second opinion. You've got to be dehydrated on that amount and that can get serious fast!

Sorry, just worried about you! -BG

NOt official Friday Weigh in time but I'm so excited I had to post when I got home from work today I was a 228.6!!! Wait that's not the end you know I'm compulsive aobut weighing in I did my return home from work potty (sorry if TMI) and I was at 228 even. WooHoo!!!!!:mad:

I'm really feeling restriction after this last fill, I'm actually at that 1/4 to 1/2 cup of food I'm eating soft Soups now so I hope it won't be an issue once I go on solid food but right now I'm feeling ok.

WOOT JT!!!! WTG!!! Hope the solids are going well!

they did the barium swallow and everything looked good, i believe there is a cc and a half or less in the band still. i have an appt tomorrow, i may ask him to just take all the Fluid out. i'm still losing weight. they released me b/c at the time i had been nausea free for about 16 hrs or so and hadn't vomited for 2 days and was keeping small bits of food down. i got home and made a really tender pot roast in the crock pot, fork tender and took 2 bites and it came up again...violently. i am getting to the point where i am afraid to eat. that is really an unhealthy place for me to be in mentally. i appreciate the support and love. i'll keep everyone posted after my follow up tomorrow.

Bella- First of all ((((HUGS)))) I can hear the frustration, fear, panic and confusion in your post. I'm so sorry you're going through all of this. Please vent away and do keep us posted.

I agree with BG that you need a second opinion ASAP. Like BG I don't want to scare you, but that little Fluid isn't good. I'm a bit pissed off at your Doc for having you so at a loss. It sucks, it truly sucks that you don't know what is going on.

When you were in the hospital were they giving you IV fluids? Did you feel any better hydrated?

Where do you live? Is there another hospital you can go to? Any other band Docs near by?

Again (((HUGS))) and please don't think we're ganging up on you. This is truly coming from a place of concern and best of intentions. We're here for you Bunnie friend.

JT- YIPPPEEEEEE!!! I'm so excited for you. 30th reunion look out, you don't know what is coming your way!!

thank you so much for the concern and compassion. it means alot. they did do round the clock fluids. they were putting anti-nausea meds, antibiotics, electrolytes, and morphine thru the iv round the clock for 4 days. the thing of it is, i was in the e.r. 12 days earlier for the same thing and they rehydrated me and sent me home. i just ate a very lightly scrambled egg and am having some yogurt and not having any problems at all which is a blessing. i live in arizona, i am sure there are other band docs around but it's not the band that's the issue - at least according to the hospital. somehow...somewhere...i picked up a heinous bacterial infection and it has wreaked havoc on my system. i can't even imagine eating not only what i used to eat before band but eating just a proper meal like a meat, a veg and a fruit like i did after the band. i am just so thrilled a scrambled egg is sitting well, i am beside myself, lol. i am wondering if there is a possibility of some issues w/ my uterus that could have caused this nausea. they did a ct scan 2 weeks ago when i was in the e.r. and found some problems in the ovaries and i went to an ob and they found problems in the uterus and they did a test and found that i had a high cancer cell count. i am scheduled for a biopsy next week but the medication they have to put me on for that causes...you guessed it.....severe nausea so they can't do that until my stomach calms down. you guys are so great and i love this forum just so i have the chance to vent w/ my soul sisters and brothers who truly understand what it's like to have this little alien inside of us :biggrin:

Bella- First of all ((((HUGS)))) I can hear the frustration, fear, panic and confusion in your post. I'm so sorry you're going through all of this. Please vent away and do keep us posted.

I agree with BG that you need a second opinion ASAP. Like BG I don't want to scare you, but that little Fluid isn't good. I'm a bit pissed off at your Doc for having you so at a loss. It sucks, it truly sucks that you don't know what is going on.

When you were in the hospital were they giving you IV fluids? Did you feel any better hydrated?

Where do you live? Is there another hospital you can go to? Any other band Docs near by?

Again (((HUGS))) and please don't think we're ganging up on you. This is truly coming from a place of concern and best of intentions. We're here for you Bunnie friend.

Thanks for keeping us posted Bella, I've been thinking of you! Glad something is staying down (watch the eggs as many post here that they get stuck easily...sounds like they're sitting well though). I'd be eating/drinking whatever will stay down at this point. ((hugs)) and prayers for you...hope all goes well with the OBGYN. -BG

My sister in law had a similar issue with keeping anything down and she was in hospital for 3-4 weeks. Finally, after many, many test, they diagnosed her being allergic to gluten. She had to totally change all the kind of foods that she eats, all has to be gluten free. You might see about this.

I haven't posted since I first had my band, so I do get to the site about once a month and read all of ya'lls comments. Everyone is doing so well. I have lost 57 1/2 pounds myself. My band date was April 16th. I feel wonderful. And looking forward to losing my last 15 pounds.

i never thought about gluten allergies - thanks for mentioning that, i will look into it. yesterday was a good day, no anti nausea meds needed, no vomiting, all my food stayed down. i did see my doc who said they want to do another barium swallow next thursday to make sure there wasn't a slip and if it was, i had to have it repositioned. praying it doesn't come to that.

Good to hear you were able to keep stuff down Bella. Hopefully you're on the up swing now.

Tammy- Hello Bunny Twin I'm the 16th also.

BG- I read your blog the other day, you crack me up! Thank you so much for sharing all that you do.

Thanks, BG, Myturn, and Jersey for all your kind words during my melt down!! It means a lot to know that I have friends that really care and would take the time to listen! If I ever need to talk to some one, I know where to go. I did start a journal this wk. I am also useing it to keep track of my food and my exercise, and it seems to be helping cause I'm down .5 pd!

~~~ Bella, hope you are doing better now! Trust me, these Bunnys are the best when it comes to helping and encourageing us!

~~~ WOW JT !!!! 100 pds lost!!! OMG!!! One of these days, I'll be able to say that I've lost that much!!

Well, I need to run for now, I have company that just walked in. TTYL