Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bunny Bandsters - April '09, MASTER THREAD #1

Oh girl! It's just because I'm off of work! Once school starts up next week I won't have as much time. Hoping to continue when school starts.

Question for you all. Are you guys eating more then 1200 calories? When I start eating I go hard core. I don't eat much and then I am starving. This is why I question how the band is working. I don't think I am eating enough actually. Any advice?

I don't track calories, except every now and then, but having been a professional dieter I have a pretty good idea. Most days I'm between 1000-1500. I went through a period after my last fill where I figured out I wasn't eating enough calories and my WL stalled. If you're exercising a lot more than usual right now you might try upping your calories a little more and see what happens. Good luck!

Doodle I am starting the first. Wanna join me?

~~~ Hopeful, how are you doing on your no sugar/ flour? I have had to stay home from work 2 days this wk.( b/c of snow, I can't drive in it! :) ) and I am having to fight myself from eating something that has sugar in it!!! I am sooo GLAD that I don't have any Cookies or any sweet stuff in the house!! :thumbup: I woke up this a.m. wanting to drown my feelings in sugar!! LOL I can't say I have been as good on the flour! I have had some crackers and wheat bread, but not much. Hope you are doing o.k.!! My head is sure playing some games with me!!! :smile2:

ha ha ha I am doing well. It helps that I am working so I'm not as tempted. Now tomorrow it will be hard. I'm not taking my kids with me so I *could* stop for coffee. I am addicted to Starbucks White chocolate Mochas. I am going to resist the urge! Hoping the scale will show that my hard work has paid off. If not I am not sure I will be as motivated to fight the coffee. ha ha ha

I've started reading The Beck Diet Solution--- six week plan to train your brain to think like a thin person. One of our fellow bunnies suggested it. It seems to be just what I need. I've got to conquer my head hunger & issues. It's the only way I'm going to succeed. Failing the band is not an option--- be there done that.

I am so scared to go to the Doc on Tuesday. I'm going to be up at least 14lbs since I last saw him in August. I know that I have to accept responsibility for my actions. But I'm worried about what he's going to say. I guess I have to think of it as what is the worse thing he can say/do? He can't take the band out, right? Shoot, I wish I knew someone who's been through this before. I can't be the only to have failed the band and wants to improve. I'm kinda freaking out, breathe, pray, take a chill pill, get a grip Heather! :thumbup::eek:

Does the book come with a head-band? Thank for the suggestion...I'll check out the book (let me know how you like it). The brain and emotion piece of this are the hardest part.

Heather...Haven't you seen the million and one threads on here 'I FAILED MY BAND'...this is nothing new to your doc and he may give you a lecture (personally I'd be questioning my doc a little if he didn't say anything because that's his job to keep you going and to help you get there), but mostly he wants to hear that you've committed to work on this so be proactive...walk in with a plan, tell him about the book, etc. Things are rarely as bad as what we expect. ((hugs)) -BG

Thanks BG, I'm sorry if I sounded like a ranting loon. Can I blame monthly hormones?:thumbup: I started looking around the forums. I've only been checking on our threads. Need to use LBT more than just Bunny stuff. Ok, I'm not the only one who's failed, this is only a set back.

Thanks again for the support and advice!

Good Morning gang!! Good news this morning, I'm down 1 pd!!! FINALLY !!! I had some hard days during the Christmas holidays, ate too much and ended up gaing over 5 pds!!! Went on the 5 day pouch test and lost the exrta pds and now this wk lost another pd. Hopeful and I have "sworn" off sugar so that is helping me stay on track!! My last splurge of candy was Gummy worms on 12/31/09, although this wk has been tough b/c of not being able to go to work but I have been sucessful!!! I am going to get the book you guys are talking about and see if I can get a handle on this head hunger!!

~~~ WAHOOOO, Hopeful, Way to go on your 4 pds!!! OMG that is sooo good!! Stay away from Starbucks, keep your hand off the turn signal, go right past it on your way to work!!! Don't even think about stopping!!!:)

~~~ Heather, we have all, or almost all of us, been where you are now!! I did the 5 day pouch test, but I'm afraid it is too late for you to do that now b/c you have to be on liquids for 2 days and if you get a fill, you'll have to be on liquids. But the test helped me get back on track and I'm thinking about doing it maybe every 5 or 6 wks. I am going to ck out that book you were talking, I need to get a hold on my head hunger!! Try not to worry about going to face the Dr., we always imagine things worse than they are! :frown:

~~~ OMW, BG!!! I read on the Friday weigh ins, YOU ARE GOING INTO THE 60'S !!!!! I loved the 60's and the 160's also, never got to stay very long but had fun while I was there!! You are just AWESOME!!! WTG!!! :w00t:

You guys have a good wk!!

I got my 4th fill today I'm now at 8.5 the Dr had me at 9 but I asked him to pull out .5 just to make sure I wasn't overly restricted. I hope this gets me back on track....of course sitting her looking at my Wii Fit isn't helping..just don't have the umph.....

Jay Tee- Just curious...what size band do you have (I have old-timers)?

Here's some 'umph'...if you're ticke'rs still right...you're almost in the CENTURY CLUB boy-friend!!! That's a huge (pun intended) deal! You can tell everyone 'I lost 100 freakin' pounds!!!' Thus the reason that I set that as my 'pipe dream' bottom of my goal range...I'd be pretty thin to reach it...but I'm guessing from what you've said YOU CAN!

Now get moving or I'm coming after you! ;-) ((hugs)) -BG

I have the older style Realize Band not really sure what it holds. I konw I'm so close to 100lbs and I've just been stuck over the last couple weeks maybe this adjustment will put me under/over the 100lb mark this week....all liquids for a while.

My goal on my signature is 220 but that's a first goal I want to get down to the 190's maybe even high 180's.

I know you'll be there soon Jay Tee (you're my inspiration and I want to live that 100 pounds victory vicariously through you ;-)

I don't know about you guys, but I swear there's some level of 'self-sabotage' that must unconciously happen as we get toward some of our bigger goals (I was stuck just before 'Onederland'). Maybe it's me, but doesn't it seem like you plateau at just the wrong time?

Jay Tee I hope this does the trick for you. 100lbs loss will be one SWEET victory. I for sure will be doing the happy dance for you.

Thanks again everyone for your words of support. They meant a lot to me. I went to the Doc yesterday, his scale was 6 lbs MORE than mine at home. I almost puked when I saw the number. Oh well, it is what is. He did give me a lecture but it wasn't awful- back to the LB basics!! I lucked out because he had a student with him. Otherwise I know he would've been tougher. I appreciate that about him, the no nonsense tell it like it is dude. Well maybe I appreciate more when I'm on his good side ;). He told the student he was putting in 4. I didn't have a problem srinkng the Water after. But last night I had terrible hiccups. Not sure if it was the fill or affects of the Cereal I had for lunch (grape nuts). I'm on liquids for a few days.

I was wondering if and when you have time can you post what you eat during a typical day. Thanks!