Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bunny Bandsters - April '09, MASTER THREAD #1

Hi everyone!!

Well I have been gone from this site for a long time --- but I am back now.

2 months ago I joined our local ATA school (TaeKwonDo/Karate) and have been working out 5 times a week. This has helped me on the WL journey - as I still have very little restriction. I would recommend ATA to anyone that is able to do a cardio/kickboxing type of workout.

I do not own a scale - so I never know where I am with my weight...until I get to the doctors office.....but I do measure my success by how my clothes fit...and they continue to get more and more loose!!! YEA!!

Hi Everyone. Went to the Dr. this am for a checkup. Haven't been there in 10 weeks. Didn't take the fill offered, so he said to come back in three months. Just have to eat

s l o w e r!!!

Having a tough weekend keep snacking on bits and pieces. Seems like a lot to me but I guess in the long run it's not a lot ot most. One more week and the holidays will pass and things can get back to normal. I'm getting a fill on 1/12 I've had good restriction but I think it's fading. I'm anxious to get this next 30-40 pounds off. Sorry random thoughts at 2:39am.......

Hello Everybody, I have been gone a Loooooong time. I do miss you guys, I am just bad at responding. I have lost 62lb B) since being banded ( I did not realize that until just now) and I had a fill last Thursday that finally gave me restriction. I was beginning to think I would never get it. I am starting to learn what I can and can't eat. Before last Thursday I could eat what ever I wanted. Now things are getting stuck even when I chew chew chew and chew (except the things I shouldn't ie. chips or cookies). I am also having problems sleeping on my stomach. I wake up coughing bably, so I have to sleep on my back. Has anyone had this problem and will it go away?

I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Anyone want to do no flour/no sugar with me?! I am thinking about starting either the day after Christmas or New Years Day.

Merry Christmas!

I was thinking of doing the same thing,only just with sugar, but the flour idea is a good one! I have been so bad, :blink:, this Christmas that Santa will NEVER forget how bad I've been so I have got to try to make it up to him and get back on track!!!

So when do you want to start? Hopefully most of the left overs will be gone tomorrow and that will certainly help!!! :thumbup:

Hope everyone is enjoying the holidays (without any big gains, like past years). I've been having such a fun time with the family...who knew I was such a bad driver (Wii Mario Kart...LOL)?!!

Hope everyone is enjoying the holidays (without any big gains, like past years). I've been having such a fun time with the family...who knew I was such a bad driver (Wii Mario Kart...LOL)?!!

Wii Mario Kart is so much fun I play online worldwide and get beat all the time I'm sure by little kids. Kirk got me a wii Fit Plus and AE Sports Active for Christmas got he Fit setup and played it a little on Friday.

Have fun......

Wii Mario Kart is so much fun I play online worldwide and get beat all the time I'm sure by little kids. Kirk got me a wii Fit Plus and AE Sports Active for Christmas got he Fit setup and played it a little on Friday.

Have fun......

LOL...Yeah, my 14 yo beats me everytime! Let me know how you like the Fit Plus...I'm thinking of upgrading my Wii Fit with the Plus.

RabbitNewYear.jpg

HAPPY NEW YEAR BUNNIES!

I was banded in April '09 but, don't think I've ever posted in this section. I usually stick to the Post-op and General discussion sections but, still start checkikng and posting in this section more. It's nice to see bandsters in my weightloss range.

Happy New Bunnies!!!!

Good Morning, gang, HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!! Hope everyone had a fun and safe holiday!!! My DH and I went out for a while, but slept thru the new year!!

~~~Hopeful, I have already started my new year resolution, no sugar or flour. I took BG's advise and started the 5 day pouch test. Today is the soft Protein day, ground turkey, cottage cheese, and things like that. I have to be honest with you, it has been tough, exspeacially the first 2 days!! Nothing but liquids!! But I made it thru them!! Last nite when we went out to eat, I ate blackened tilapia and sauteed mushrooms. NO HOT ROLLS and BUTTER!!! But I made it thru!!! :tt1:

I have to confess now. I did ,finally, step back on the scales and I did have some tightness in my chest and tingeling in both my arms, my knees were shaking, but that was just by dragging them out, I hadn't even stepped on them yet!!! :crying: :scared2: I had gained 5.5 pds between the first of Dec. and Christmas!:w00t: :angry: :mad2: But when I weighed this a.m., I was down (drum roll, please!) 5 pds!! :thumbup: :lol: So right now I'm at 183!! :smile2: I know my ticker says 182 but I'm not going to change it b/c I'm ON MY WAY DOWN!!! As part of my new year resolution, I am going to walk on my treadmill EVERY DAY! I can always find an excuse not to walk but I have to stop doing that. When I got approved for this band , I made all kinds of promises to myself and as the months have gone by, I have been letting my old habits take over, again, but this is a new year and I am going to put myself first, again!

I have to take notice of what I'm doing for myself and not just let life happen to me.:biggrin: So, this is a new year for ME and my new promises to ME!! :tongue2:

See you guys next wk, have a good wkend!!! Sharon

Edited by doodlebug11

BG love the pic! So what is the 5 day pouch test again? I missed that somewhere. Maybe I should try it.

Sharon I started today! So far so good. And I worked out for an hour going 6 miles on my bike and 2 miles on the treadmill. Hope to continue! I was up 2 lbs. on Wednesday, but forgot to get on the scale this morning. So my ticker is off too. I'll try to check it out tomorrow!

Can I tell you a frustration though? My in order to get to overweight on my bmi instead of obese I have to be 190lbs. Ugh! That seems like a long ways away.

Edited by hopeful41411

Andrea...you'll be there before you know it. Here's the link to the 5 day pouch test...

Surgical Weight Loss 5 Day Pouch Test

BTW...8 miles in one day...you're my hero!