Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bunny Bandsters - April '09, MASTER THREAD #1

QUESTION FOR ANYONE WHO CAN HELP!

Is there an easy way to get to this message board with out going through the entire menu? Yes, I am looking for a short cut! Anyone know how to make it a easy click away?

Angie- Above the first post on this page you'll see 'thread tools' and after clicking there you'll see 'subscribe to this thread' and you can click that. You're actually automatically subscribed since you posted here. I always start with my log in at the 'User CP' page (upper left of the page just under 'home'). You can see any new posts to this thread there (under 'New subscribed threads' in the middle blocks) and even if there aren't new ones- at the bottom of that block you can click 'view all subscribed threads' and it will list every thread you've ever posted or subscribed to.

You can also subscribe to a whole forum with all the threads there...like I've subscribed to the 'April '09 Bandsters' and it also shows up on my 'user cp' page in the next block down in the center called 'subscribed forums'. I can just click that to see if there are any new threads from the bunnies from time to time.

Hope that makes sense, let me know if you get stuck (I'm all about shortcuts ;-). -BG

Edited by Band_Groupie

Angie- Above the first post on this page you'll see 'thread tools' and after clicking there you'll see 'subscribe to this thread' and you can click that. You're actually automatically subscribed since you posted here. I always start with my log in at the 'User CP' page (upper left of the page just under 'home'). You can see any new posts to this thread there (under 'New subscribed threads' in the middle blocks) and even if there aren't new ones- at the bottom of that block you can click 'view all subscribed threads' and it will list every thread you've ever posted or subscribed to.

You can also subscribe to a whole forum with all the threads there...like I've subscribed to the 'April '09 Bandsters' and it also shows up on my 'user cp' page in the next block down in the center called 'subscribed forums'. I can just click that to see if there are any new threads from the bunnies from time to time.

Hope that makes sense, let me know if you get stuck (I'm all about shortcuts ;-). -BG

A big Thank You for your insightful reply!

Can you add me. I am april 10th!

Welcome! I'm April 10th too.

Welcome to the April Group Jadoresumer!

Hey BUNNIES! We finished our Labor Day Challenge and now we're joining the LBT WL Turkey Day Challenge. Here's the instructions I posted (below) on how to join in (and I contacted RobinAnn and she added lots more slots for all of us). Remember statistics show that those who set mini-goals along the way do better than those that don't...Join us!

-----

OK, since our numbers are dwindling and others informed me there were other Labor Day Challenges...I went looking. I found us a 'LBT Turkey Day Challenge' Click HERE and then go down to post #12 on the first page...Click there or here to get to the Turkey Day Challenge Google Spreadsheet and add yourself and your goal. I'll let RobinAnn know we're joining so she can add a few more lines for us. If this fills up just send RobinAnn a message and she'll add more lines so you can join in.

If you don't have a Google Account (I didn't) it will ask you to set one up (It's just your email, password, and accepting the terms then it will send you an instant email with a link and you're set).

Let's show all of LBT what we're made of Bunnies!!! I'll be watching you!!!

((((hugs)))) butterfly and Jeserygirl, I'm sorry to hear of your loss. My condenselses and prayers go out to you.

Just joined the Turkey Challenge. Hope I remember to post

Just joined the Turkey Challenge. Hope I remember to post

Thanks for the reminder! If you haven't yet, add a post to the thread or subscribe to it to remind yourself (I need to do that too!).

I think I am getting close to my sweet spot! 8cc now and I get that lump feeling a lot quicker when I eat. Is that what it feels like? I can be eating and doing fine and then BAM, it is hard to get it down. Any insight?

I'm finally down about 4lbs. so hopefully this is the beginning of major weightloss!

It's been a while since I posted. My surgery was on April 15 and I am down 35 pounds now.You can really see it in my face but my daughter said that I look pregnant because my face, neck, arms, and legs are skinny and all thats left that is fat is my belly. My husband has yet to say anything positive yet. I think he's jealous. I have a 15 cc. (Realize) band with 9.5 ccs in it. I still need another fill. I am losing weight but very slowly. It is starting to come off a little bit faster now, though.

I fell down my front steps a few weeks ago and fractured my tailbone. My doctor was annoyed that I rode my motorcycle to my drs appt, but it feels better that sitting straight on my butt. I am able to lift my tushy just a bit off the seat and it doesn't hurt at all.

I have abot 6 people at work who want to get the lapband. They are impressed with my results.

There are women at work who eat take-out every day and gain about 2 pounds a month and think I am crazy because I eat little amounts of food. I gotta share my favorite Breakfast with you guys. It is tasty and protein-packed. I take 1/2 cup or so of Special K Protein Plus Cereal and crush it in a sandwich baggy. I then mix it into a container of yogurt. It pumps up your Protein from 6 grams in the yogurt to about 12.

I also found these Protein Shots at Walmart for $1.98. It is 2.9 oz, fruit punch flavored, and 26 grams of protein. 3 sips and 1/3 of protein for day. And they don't taste too bad either.

Oh, yeah, September 15 marked one year since I quit the nasty and expensive habit of smoking two and a half packs of cigarettes a day.

Edited by vcatalina1

WTG, Vcat!!! I'm losing my weight really slow also but that's o.k.! When we do make it to goal maybe it will slow if we do gain and then we can get control of it in a hurry! Plus it will give our skin a chance to shrink! The only thing my hubby has said is, he walked up to me one and picked me up and in his caveman voice he said "I wonder if I can pick you up now"! This is a man with a bad back!! So I guess that's maybe a complement? lol Sorry to hear about your bad fall! Hope it's feeling better really soon!! The Breakfast sounds yummy! Gonna have to try that! Keep up the good work!!!

Vcatalina1 - I've been a slower one too. So far I am down 32 lbs. Which I am pleased about. I have found that greek yogurt has 15 gm of protein! I've switched to eating it, rather than the normal yogurt. Great idea with the Cereal, I'll have to give it a try.

A broken tail bone is no fun, I broke mine years ago and it sure does hurt.

Good for you on leaving the smoking to the rich. Sure is an expensive habit now days. Yikes!

Hi everyone

I'm one of the 09 Bunny Bandsters and I have been having a wonderful time loosing weight feeling fantastic about myself and having so much more energy.

But last night I felt that my port was a bit sore - a bruised feeling and then I felt it and it seems like it has moved from where it was, ie above the scar instead of below. Is this normal? Has anyone else had this bruised feeling this far into the banding? Should I go and see my doctor - there is an appointment booked for 4 weeks time, but just thought I would put it out there to see if this is a common thing or not.

Thanks - love reading about how you are all going as well.

Well done everyone!

Lou xox