Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bunny Bandsters - April '09, MASTER THREAD #1

Finally got my real first nsv. We had a fire drill yesterday at work so everyone had to evacuate to the parking lot at the same time. I saw one of my old co-workers I haven't seen in about a month. (we don't work on the same floor anymore). Anyways I saw her in the parking lot and we had a nice little chit chat mostly about my son and the prom. There was a few of us chating. I got a call shortly after I arrived at work from her today. She needed some help and she knew I knew the answer to her question even though I no longer work in that department. While I was looking for the answer she said "I didn't want to say anything in front of everybody yesterday but you look good, looks like you lost some weight." I thanked her for the compliment and she went on, asking if I was dieting and I told her well I've been eating a lot differently and I try to work out a few times a week. She said well you look good. I have to say that made me feel better especially since I don't know why but I gain 1 1/2 pound even though I have been eating right and very small amounts and working out almost every day.

Edited by BeefromCalie

Tish, I'm prone to hernias and knew I'd have more after surgery. I had such pain in the port after surgery, at the post op appt, we found that it wasn't actually the port that caused the pain, but a new hernia next to the port.

Wow thanks for the info i did not know you were prone to them.. i know i this one lady in my area developed a hernia after her surgery, so i thought it could be caused from the band

Any suggestions? I have lost 18 lbs since surgery, mostly in the first 2 wks. My wt has not dropped any more. I am walking 5 days a wk and my calorie count is less than 1000cal a day. I am getting 50-60g Protein in a day plus drinking 60oz of Fluid. I feel I am doing everything by the book, but am frustrated by the scales. On the other side I am now off my blood pressure med and am taking a drug holiday off my Tricore and Simvastatin meds. Will have lab work in July to see if I can stop them permanently. I have also gone down a size in clothes. I would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks MiMi

Any suggestions? I have lost 18 lbs since surgery, mostly in the first 2 wks. My wt has not dropped any more. I am walking 5 days a wk and my calorie count is less than 1000cal a day. I am getting 50-60g Protein in a day plus drinking 60oz of Fluid. I feel I am doing everything by the book, but am frustrated by the scales. On the other side I am now off my blood pressure med and am taking a drug holiday off my Tricore and Simvastatin meds. Will have lab work in July to see if I can stop them permanently. I have also gone down a size in clothes. I would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks MiMi

I'm in the same boat...lost most at the beginning, then a pound or 2 a week...but I gained 2 pounds this long weekend. Have you had a fill yet? I don't get my first one until 6/2 and have 0 fill in. If you're clothes are changing, maybe it's just muscle weight you're gaining...or maybe a plateau?

Yeah I am right there with you guys. My scale has just been yo-yoing up and down with the same 1-2 pounds for the past 3 weeks. I do go for my first fill in the morning so hopefully this will change. But on a good note, I have had people tell me they can definately tell that I have lost weight. YEAH :blush:

Hi All,

I had lost 20lbs but since I started back on solids and realised I can manage to eat most things in near normal quantities (no fill yet) I have regained almost 2lbs! Although there is an explanation for it, it is very disheartening. It is getting hard for me to be disciplined about what I eat again. I'm hoping the fill will get me back on track again, and trying not be too hard on myself in the meantime.

I am worried about how the fill will restrict me, and secretly enjoying the feeling of eating normally for a little while!

X

The last three posts have made me feel so much better. I've lost 25 pounds, but like Band Groupie, most of that was pre-surgery and the two or three days after. It has been five weeks tomorrow, and I've been ravenous for the past three. Despite that, I've only gone over 1000 calories two days, but simply cannot keep the loss going. Occasionally, I have to buy groceries, and that is the worst!

I get a fill tomorrow, but my surgeon said he'd probably only give me 2 cc's. I sure hope its enough to provide some restriction, because my willpower is wearing thin. I suspect this is true for most of us: I wouldn't have needed the lap band if I could do this on willpower alone!

Early, what you said really hit home - that's my experience, too! I think our ambivalence is normal.

I'll post after the fill tomorrow, to share my experience with you guys. I'm such a sissy, and can't help being anxious about the procedure till I know what's involved.

This forum helps so much!! Good luck to all!

Thanks to everyone's input. It is nice to know I not the only one in this boat. I am able to eat reg food now, but I am not able to eat more than 1/2 cup before feeling full, and I am not hungry. I do drink alot trying to get in 60oz a day. My first fill is 6/22. A postive note- I did not need to take PM insulin last night. My blood sugar was 121 last nite and only 105 this AM. Thank You Lord! Thanks everyone! MiMI

I was banded April 29th and still can not figure out how to get the bunny bandsters on the bottom of my sig.

Go to page #9, post #128 on this thread. Have fun!

Here's some better detail if you're having trouble with your banner (like "Bunny Bandsters - April '09" signature line-see below)

1.Left Click HERE and it will bring up a separate Eater Text window with the same Banner below (feel free to change anything on the banner by clicking in the boxes below it, just be sure you don't make it too wide or it will stretch the LBT window past the screen size..if you want to keep the animation moving/different pace use the Animation speed box).

2. Back on you LBT window go to top left and look for 'User CP' (in the top banner) and left click it.

3. Now go down the left column and look under 'Setting and Option' then down to 'Edit your Signature', left click on that.

4. Go back to the Easter Text window and copy the ACTUAL PICTURE (not the link). To Copy something; hold down your left click button and scan across the item until it's highlighted completely (turns blue), then right click on it and a box will pop up (banner should still be blue), now left click on 'Copy'.

5. Go Back to your LBT window. There are three main boxes top to bottom there now. The top one says 'Preview', the middle one says 'Edit Signature' and the bottom one says 'Signature Picture'. Go to the middle box ('Edit Signature')

and in the box there right click on the spot (make a single space for it by pressing Enter or you could get tickers on the same line and it will be too wide) where you want to insert the banner; a box will pop up, now left click on 'Paste'. You should now see the whole banner and it should be animated.

6. Last step...scroll down to the bottom box ('Signature Picture' box) and at the very bottom there are two small gold boxes 'Save Signature' and 'Preview Signature'. Left click on 'Save Signature'. DONE! If you want to preview it before saving you can click that button and view it up in the top 'preview' box at the top, but don't forget to Save when you're done.

Let me know if you need more help. Welcome new Bunnies!!

Here is the post on the BANNER instructions

I could have wrote this- I eat the exact amount of cal, liq and Protein and have lost the same amount just about- I have NOT cheated once! I get so discouraged as well- I have had 1 fill of 2cc's and have #2 fill on friday and am scheduled for 1 cc. I have hardly any restriction and am so glad to know I too am not alone-

Hi everyone

Well I had my first fill two weeks ago - when he put my band in he put in 5 cc's - the added .5 two weeks ago and another .5 today. Hardly felt a thing thank god! I am now down 19 pounds and starting to see movement so feeling pretty happy. I hardly ever feel hungry and have no desire what so ever to eat the horrible things I ate in the past. I pray it stays this way. I live just outside of Toronto and this coming weekend the clinic where I had my band put in is having a symposium - a large group of us are meeting on Friday night for dinner followed by a day long symposium on Saturday. Really looking forward to it.

Cheers

Thanks to everyone's input. It is nice to know I not the only one in this boat. MiMI

Thanks from me too. I haven't been posting because I've been so discouraged. I've gained 3 1/2 lbs since my first fill. I'm always under 1000 calories but always get my Protein.

Could my body be in starvation mode???? Since my fill, I have trouble eating solids.