Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bunny Bandsters - April '09, MASTER THREAD #1

JayTee, How did your fill go. We had surgery the same day and I go tomorrow for my first fill. I haven't been posting, because my weight loss is less than mentionable. I can't walk distances because of the "new" hernia, so exercise is minimal. Hopefully the Dr. will give me an answer about additional hernia surgery.

Your weight loss is "super"

Oh the fill....well it went pretty well my port is directly under my incision at the place where healing is a little slower. Soooooo the doc went in about an inch from it and kind of went at it wasn't to bad just minor discomfort. BUT the post fill diet is going to be hell (sorry can I say that) I've attached it below it's also in the First Fills thread I'll complaining about this for weeks......:cursing:

FillInstructions.doc

OMG are you freakin kidding me. I'm hoping my Dr. is as lax as usual. His office has given me such contradicting handouts I've been winging is for weeks.

JayTee, that does suck! Mine isn't that strict either. I just hope I don't mess things up by eating some of those things. The only one I've really stuck to well has been no pop. I'll bet you'll lose a lot of weight though :smile:

Hi Guys,

Today was my first fill. My band was empty and they put 3cc in it. It took about 6-7 pokes to get it in the right spot. He could feel the port but could not find the right spot to put the saline (ouch stung quit a bit but went a lot better then what I thought). I can not tell yet if there is a lot restriction because I am only on liquids. But I did notice that when I drink it kinda sits for a few seconds before it goes down, so hopefully I have a lot more restriction with food.:smile:

JayTee, that post fill diet seems a bit absurd to me. I cant believe that your doctor would give such a crazy diet. That means that you cant even get a fill but what once every 2-3 months???? Especially since it will take that long to eat regular again to see if you even have any restriction. I know that my doctor (and yes I know that they are all different) only has us do liquids for 24-48 hours and then do mushy food for a day and then move on to regular food. WOW, I am not trying to knock your doctor, I just cant believe how strict that is...I am completely stunned. Good luck with it is all I can say... :smile:

Jaytee - you've got to be kidding me! Those instructions are ridiculous and Bandster Hell for sure! It sounds worse than actual "dieting" to lose the weight. I'm not sure what your doctor's intentions are, and I'm certainly not one, but it sounds like he's being overly cautious and possibly setting you up for a "pig out" at some point due to all the deprivation of not allowing you to eat solid food.

My physician suggests to stay on liquids for the rest of the day after a fill, then start with mushie foods the next day and see show it goes. If you are not having problems, then he says you can test solid foods.

Those are just plain crazy instructions. No wonder you're going to be losing weight! How does he expect you to not get hungry?

Hi Guys,

Today was my first fill. My band was empty and they put 3cc in it. It took about 6-7 pokes to get it in the right spot. He could feel the port but could not find the right spot to put the saline (ouch stung quit a bit

Are you my twin. (profile icon look familiar???) My first fill was this am too. I was empty and he put in 4cc. It took him about 15 pokes and manual manipulation to get it in. Because of the new hernia next to the port, it's sideways. I was in tears from the burn and pressure. He almost said uncle and then tried one more thing. Thank the Lord.

Wow 15 pokes, and I thought my 6-7 pokes were bad. How did you know you had a hernia. Is it something you can feel just by touching?

Tish, I'm prone to hernias and knew I'd have more after surgery. I had such pain in the port after surgery, at the post op appt, we found that it wasn't actually the port that caused the pain, but a new hernia next to the port.

I have a question. I had my second 3cc fill this morning. I had no restriction with the first 3cc. The 3cc the doctor put in this morning wow! I have major restriction. Should I call the doctor to have some removed or stick it out? The nurse told me this morning they are closed for the weekend. Does it get easier after the fill?

Murphy

Muphy, If you haven't already call the doc before they close. I'm not sure what you mean by 'major restriction', but describe to the doc's office in detail what you can/can't eat or drink and they'll be able to tell you if you need an unfill. Some people get tighter right after the fill and you don't want to be choking on your own spit this weekend and end up at the ER. They should know if you'll be OK or not depending on your restriction now. Good luck! -BG

Hi everyone

I haven't been on here in a while and boy have I missed a lot. I had my first fill two weeks ago and still don't feel anything. I don't have much of an appetite but have only lost 8 pounds post op - surgery was April 1 so quite a while. Not sure what that is all about. I feel like I'm hardly eating anything (and loving it) but why isn't the weight coming off? I have another appointment this week so hopefully I will find out more. I do know that I love the feeling of being satisfied and not wanting to eat everything in site. After my fill the RN said nothing to eat for 2 hours and that was it, no other restrictions. Enjoy the weekend everyone

Edited by Mommad

SEVERAL pokes? oh lawd *thud* I wondered about that. You'd think they'd invest in an ultrasound machine to eliminate several pokes of a needle. No wonder they don't want kids with us during fills. yikes!

Hey you guys !! Went for my first fill this wk. and it went better than I thought !! I have a fear of needles, no matter the size !! My blood pressure was even up and I never have high blood pressure !! He put 3cc's in and I hid my eyes so I couldn't see what was going to happen and I didn't feel a thing !! But I have no restriction so I still have to watch what I eat because I'm still hungry! I go back on July 2 and get another one so maybe it will get better !! Oh I almost forgot, I had to be on liquids for 2 days after the fill and then back on reg. foods.