Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bunny Bandsters - April '09, MASTER THREAD #1

those of you with small children might appreciate this more than others but I realized today that I only have ONE HAND LEFT on my countdown. that's a big deal in the countdowns in our house lol

Thanks Jersey Girl!

I dont think I have staples either - but what ever they used I think I may have torn it open a little. :sneaky: When they said no lifting, they werent joking. But I acutally think it was from my kids tugging on me. yikes.

For those about to get banded - I totally forgot about air bubbles from surgery - so walk when you can during recovery!! Made such a huge difference for me, lol...I can't believe I totally forgot about that!!

Thanks Jersey Girl!

I dont think I have staples either - but what ever they used I think I may have torn it open a little. :rolleyes2: When they said no lifting, they werent joking. But I acutally think it was from my kids tugging on me. yikes.

If you had staples you'd know I look like I've been collated and bound posted pictures in my photo album here on LBT. (excuse the big ole belly if you look at them)

Hi all April Bandsters! Surgery date was 04/10/09. Feeling much better after 6 days and looking forward to the "mushies" after 3 weeks of liquid dieting! It's great to see so many of us!

Hi all April Bandsters! Surgery date was 04/10/09. Feeling much better after 6 days and looking forward to the "mushies" after 3 weeks of liquid dieting! It's great to see so many of us!

Today is day 4 post-op for me, and I finally feel human again! I've been up and around, did some laundry, etc...still sore, but nothing like the first 3 days...they weren't good. Make sure you drink your liquids and WALK! The gas is still coming out....how long did that last with everyone else? (BTW I'VE LOST 16 POUNDS SO FAR!!!!!)

It's only me wishing the best of everything to tomorrow's Bunny Bandsters.

Lapbandgirl2009, lulululu, MissChristine, terelbel, Carrie_W,Ingrein, Rangergirl, hope4j, WendyII, Isitworthit and pitterpat79

Please keep us in the loop.

So I'm past a week post op and ate some mushies. I also got brave and ate some chicken. No problems at all. I have no restriction though. I chewed the life out of it and it was fine. A bit scary though because I feel like I could eat anything. My first appt is next Tuesday. I haven't lost any more weight, but haven't gained either.

I look like I've been collated and bound

LOL, the words, not the pics (didn't peek-I'm pre-op).

I haven't lost any more weight, but haven't gained either.

Words to live by in 'Bandster Hell'! We all need to remember this is a time to heal and not worry about the weight so much before fills (remember, many gain during this part, so you're doing great to maintain).

Had my band put in on the 15th, had to stay in hospital because of sleep apnea, pain pump was wonderful. They sent me home with a pint of Vicitin. I woke up uncomfortable today,must have slept wrong. Got weighed before surgery and had lost 3 1/2 more pounds Came home and had 4 oz of Tomato Soup for dinner and it tasted like heaven. I went in kitchen to see what daughter had cooked for the kids, nothing I could eat so she fixed me the Soup. Yum. My big insision is sore today, I think I will go for a walk then ice it and take a nap.

I can't wait until I can ride my motorcycle.

Edited by vcatalina1

HEY Guys Two days After surgery I feel okay pain at the port sight any ways of sleeping you guys can give advice on that ...my computer is broken so I'm sending this on my blackberry I have a doctors appointment at my regular doctor today I'm gonna take my time and walk slow there hopefully I can make it if now I just take a cab home oh yeah anyways of getting rid of gas pains besides walking I was really happy about my liq-diet weight I broke the record at my center which was a total of 20 lbs I lost 22 lbs before liq-diet 321 and on Surgery Date 298 now 296 I'm so happy I could cry I haven't been this small since 10th grade =] sorry for talking for so long and this earlier time on my end. my body just wakes up for meds every two to three hours I'm so happy I'm gonna change so is my body and life and this is a wonderful support group I think I said that before XOXO Hannah- Jay aka Baby Bunny of the group lol

Hey Hanna,to sleep on your side, try putting a thin pillow under your stomach. When I worked in the Nursing Home, we did that to people so they wouldn't have to lay in one position all the time. I tried it and it works. It feels like it is giving you some support, I also tried it on my back and it helped! Hope this will help!

I broke the record at my center which was a total of 20 lbs I lost 22 lbs before liq-diet 321 and on Surgery Date 298 now 296 I'm so happy I could cry I haven't been this small since 10th grade =]

Hey BABY BUNNY!!! Woot! This is great that you're doing this at such a young age...wish this had been around years ago for me! That's awesome that you've lost so much! I'm sure it feels great. Hang in there, the sleeping should get better soon, if not call your doc and ask him if there's anything you can take to help you sleep. Best Wishes!

Thanks JayTee.

Good luck Hannah!!

Best wishes on a smooth surgery ~ Lapbandgirl2009, lulululu, MissChristine, terelbel, Carrie_W,Ingrein, Rangergirl, hope4j, WendyII, Isitworthit and pitterpat79

My big insesion is sore too...icing it and dont know what else I can do for it. I imagine it just needs time to heal. Today it's pouring down rain so it looks like I have to walk in the house, lol...should be interesting as we just have one hallway.