Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hamburger and Fries

My surgery is 3/19/09 and I am so excited I have been on the pre op diet for almost two weeks. I wanted to know if I can have one last burger and fries a couple days before surgery. What do you guys think?

It's really best to NOT cheat on the preop diet. BUT You can have a burger and fries again! Once you are back on solid foods (about 6 weeks post op, depends on the person) Not everyone has issues with bread and unless your surgeon fills you a good bit during surgery (which doesn't usually happen) you won't have any restriction.

Even on down the road, while you may not be able to eat a whole burger and a big order of fries, odds are you'll still be able to eat at least some of each. As long as it's just occasionally (for a special treat) it won't hurt you! So stay strong now. You'll get the benefit later!

Don't do it....keep your eye on the prize.....have that later on when you are on solids again. I would not risk anything from preventing the surgery from going perfect if I were you! GL. Hope you have a speedy surgery/recovery!

I had a cheeseburger and fries a couple days before my surgery. BUT I made sure I had lost ten pounds before I ate it.

I understand! I gave into Prim Rib on the 1st with surgery schueld for the 9th. The plan had been to have it before I started the pre op diet but couldn't get it then. The first question I had for the doc after surgery was, "How was my liver?" I knew he had done the surgery so the question was really kind of dumb, but I was worried. I did it, but DON'T!! The guilt is awful. :)

Thank You guys so much. You have put everything into prespective I totally appreciate it!

from the pre-op diet we were told at the hospital here - we could have a hamburger, just no bun! lol... I would be safe and just do the meat only....and if you had to have some bun, try an open face burger. Skip the fries...pre-op diet or not, they arent great for anyone. :)

Good luck with everything!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches